Velvet. Velvet. Velvet…. The trend of the season!
We all know I love shoes, so I’d be remiss if I didn’t write a post showcasing the hottest footwear in Fall’s most luxe fabric.
Sandals, booties, and fresh kicks – I’ve got them all. Below you’ll find my favorite velvet picks to up your shoe game!
1. Club Monaco Zadie Bootie– A luxe midnight navy bootie – These are chic enough to wear with dresses and tights, or throw them on for a stylish day at work with a simple pair of dark jeans. I love the simplicity of the boot shape, and the sapphire shade that will make you want to give you classic black boots a rest.
2. Prada Platform Sandal– A vampy bordeaux sandal with a platform that will make your legs look miles long. I think every holiday party deserves these retro-inspired babies.
3. Steve Madden Bertie-V Platform Sneaker– Want a more sporty take on the velvet trend? I’ve got you! Incorporate these rich sneakers with satin laces (ballet class, anyone?) into your wardrobe with ease. I find the color a little bit unexpected, and I love that it really shows off the fabrics. Sometimes with dark colors, it’s hard to see the velvety texture. No such issue with these! I also love the platform sole… I’m sold.
4. Joie Nabile Platform Sandal– I love a good taupe shoe. It’s kinda brown…it’s kinda grey…it’s kinda green. The ambiguity of the shade allows it to go with so much! Again, the color is a little on the unexpected side and can really elevate an outfit. I love the knot detail and ankle strap. Uber sexy to wear with jeans rolled up at the ankle, or with a flirty skirt.
5. Alexandre Birman Clarita d’Orsay Sandal– My personal favorite of the bunch. This classic silhouette by Alexandre Birman gets re-worked for the Fall season in a plush navy velvet. The combination of the designer’s signature bow and ankle tie is both sweet AND sexy at once. These are a more delicate approach than the other heels on this list, and would be perfect for every holiday party!
6. Jimmy Choo Mavy Peep-Toe Lace-Up Bootie– These booties are a little bit rock and roll, and I LOVE them. With the lace-up front and peep toe, they can be dressed up or down. These are just a little more unique than your average black boot!
What do y’all think? Have you hopped on the velvet trend this season?
November 20, 2016
Sharon WuNovember 21, 2016 10:43 pm
Omggg I’m obsessed with all things velvet babe! Can I have them all?! Hope you’re having a great start to the new week xo, sharon
brownpaperdollNovember 22, 2016 4:01 am
Same here Sharon! I can’t get enough! Thanks for reading. I hope you liked my picks! Xo
ArielNovember 21, 2016 10:48 pm
Those shoes are all stunning!! I haven’t hopped on this trend yet, but shoes are always a fabulous way to get up and going on the new trends and giving them a test drive. I don’t even know how I would pick a favorite. I do love the various colors too, def makes them even more fun! Thanks for sharing! xox, Ariel @ http://www.quintessentialmiss.com
brownpaperdollNovember 22, 2016 4:03 am
I got myself a nice velvet jacket, but I think I’m ready for some shoes too! Let me know if you try out the trend. I really appreciate you reading! Xo
ChelseaNovember 22, 2016 12:07 am
I’m all about the velvet trend this season, so naturally I want ALL of these shoes! Those velvet sneaks are so unique!
Chow Down USA
brownpaperdollNovember 22, 2016 4:02 am
I want all of them too! I want to treat myself to some new shoes….but decisions, decisions! Haha.
Glad you liked my picks! Thanks for reading Chelsea! Xo
JotiNovember 22, 2016 12:47 am
Yes! I can’t believe velvet is back in!! I was thinking I need some in my closet, and you’ve given me great options!!
brownpaperdollNovember 22, 2016 4:04 am
Thanks Joti! Let me know what velvet pieces you decide to get this season! I got myself a jacket, but I think some new shoes are in order! 😉
FawnNovember 22, 2016 3:46 am
I love the velvet trend right now especially with the holidays coming up! Number 4 and 6 are my absolute favorites!
brownpaperdollNovember 22, 2016 4:04 am
Oo I love those too Fawn! Thanks for reading babe!
Kandja SyllaNovember 22, 2016 5:35 am
Wow! I’m obsessing over velvet! I just can’t keep my eyes off those shoes especially Jimmy Choo Mavy Peep-Toe Lace-Up Bootie and Prada platform sandals. Awesome choices! xx
brownpaperdollNovember 22, 2016 1:37 pm
Thanks Kandja! I really want them all…loving velvet this season! Thanks for reading love!
EllieNovember 22, 2016 2:41 pm
oh my goodness those D’Orsay midnight blue sandals are gorgeous! You’ve got some gorgeous picks here!
brownpaperdollNovember 22, 2016 2:42 pm
Hi Ellie! Oh I adore those too!!! I’m glad you like my picks… thanks for reading lovely! Xo
NadiaNovember 24, 2016 8:09 pm
Girlie, you’re so speaking my language!! I love all the velvet’y pieces so much. How stunning are those Pradas <3 <3 <3
brownpaperdollNovember 24, 2016 8:30 pm
Hi Nadia! Same here…I want everything velvet these season. I can’t just pick one of those pairs! Thanks for reading girlie! Happy Thanksgiving! Xo
KylaNovember 24, 2016 9:51 pm
So much velvet perfection! I love them all but if I had to choose I would pick number one!
brownpaperdollNovember 26, 2016 6:53 pm
I LOVE those boots too! Great pic and thank you for reading Kyla!
Leslie Rossi | alifewellconsumedNovember 26, 2016 2:42 am
i’ll take numbers 1 and 2 please! those are so pretty and right on trend.
brownpaperdollNovember 26, 2016 6:57 pm
Thanks so much for reading Leslie! I know I love those Club Monaco boots too, and those Prada sandals are stunning!
KusumNovember 26, 2016 4:01 am
Totally with you, love velvet! I am slowly filling my closet with velvet items haha. Love the shoes you picked out, I am crushing over 1 and 2 though, one is perfect for the season and the other perfect for the holidays!
xx, Kusum | http://www.sveeteskapes.com
brownpaperdollNovember 26, 2016 7:01 pm
Thanks Kusum for reading! I agree, velvet is quickly becoming my new winter addiction.
Sharon CervantesJanuary 15, 2017 3:41 pm
This is a comment to the webmaster. I discovered your Brown Paper Doll | Velvet Vibes page by searching on Google but it was hard to find as you were not on the first page of search results. I know you could have more traffic to your website. I have found a website which offers to dramatically increase your rankings and traffic to your site: http://8si.ru/30cjj} I managed to get close to 500 visitors/day using their services, you could also get a lot more targeted visitors from Google than you have now. Their service brought significantly more traffic to my website. I hope this helps!
Post A Comment