Velvet. Velvet. Velvet…. The trend of the season!
We all know I love shoes, so I’d be remiss if I didn’t write a post showcasing the hottest footwear in Fall’s most luxe fabric.
Sandals, booties, and fresh kicks – I’ve got them all. Below you’ll find my favorite velvet picks to up your shoe game!
1. Club Monaco Zadie Bootie– A luxe midnight navy bootie – These are chic enough to wear with dresses and tights, or throw them on for a stylish day at work with a simple pair of dark jeans. I love the simplicity of the boot shape, and the sapphire shade that will make you want to give you classic black boots a rest.
2. Prada Platform Sandal– A vampy bordeaux sandal with a platform that will make your legs look miles long. I think every holiday party deserves these retro-inspired babies.
3. Steve Madden Bertie-V Platform Sneaker– Want a more sporty take on the velvet trend? I’ve got you! Incorporate these rich sneakers with satin laces (ballet class, anyone?) into your wardrobe with ease. I find the color a little bit unexpected, and I love that it really shows off the fabrics. Sometimes with dark colors, it’s hard to see the velvety texture. No such issue with these! I also love the platform sole… I’m sold.
4. Joie Nabile Platform Sandal– I love a good taupe shoe. It’s kinda brown…it’s kinda grey…it’s kinda green. The ambiguity of the shade allows it to go with so much! Again, the color is a little on the unexpected side and can really elevate an outfit. I love the knot detail and ankle strap. Uber sexy to wear with jeans rolled up at the ankle, or with a flirty skirt.
5. Alexandre Birman Clarita d’Orsay Sandal– My personal favorite of the bunch. This classic silhouette by Alexandre Birman gets re-worked for the Fall season in a plush navy velvet. The combination of the designer’s signature bow and ankle tie is both sweet AND sexy at once. These are a more delicate approach than the other heels on this list, and would be perfect for every holiday party!
6. Jimmy Choo Mavy Peep-Toe Lace-Up Bootie– These booties are a little bit rock and roll, and I LOVE them. With the lace-up front and peep toe, they can be dressed up or down. These are just a little more unique than your average black boot!
What do y’all think? Have you hopped on the velvet trend this season?
Cocktails and Shoes: Is there anything else?
Last week I went out on the town for drinks with my friends, and Jacque and I ended up getting our favorite cocktail in all of New York City: The Dirty Jane. For those of you in New York, I totally suggest a visit to The Smith for this pickled-green tomato spin on a vodka dirty martini. I won’t admit how many I had…but needless to say these babies are good!
While there, Jacque and I got to talking about how cocktails have their own style, and how they can go with your mood. Quite similar to shoes actually! So here goes my guide to my favorite cocktails in NYC, and the shoes that go with them! See mom, I do have passions!
1. The aforementioned Dirty Jane (or Dirty Martini) & Christian Louboutin
A classic and sophisticated cocktail calls for a sleek AND chic shoe. With its pointed toe and extra high heel, these pumps are both classy and sexy.
2. Bloody Mary & Rag & Bone
These kicks are reminiscent of my favorite weekend cocktail. Spicy and red, these Rag & Bone sneakers are perfect for wearing to a casual brunch where you can enjoy a spicy tomato cocktail of your own!
3. Hot Toddy & Alexander Wang
A warm whisky shade of brown makes these two the perfect pair. I might be biased because I own these lovely boots – but I love them just the same. The suede is the richest color, and the metallic detail in the heel adds the perfect cool-girl touch!
4. Champagne & Saint Laurent
I want these. So. Badly. What goes better with a glass of bubbly than more sparkles! These boots are not only eye-catching but comfortable. You’ll look like you should be sipping champagne at Studio 54. Santa, if you’re out there…these are at the top of my list!
5. Espresso Martini & Jimmy Choo
Sophisticated and smooth, the deep espresso color of these velvet Mary Jane’s remind me of the rich and velvety coffee flavor of my favorite night-cap.
6. A Manhattan & Steven
I guess it took moving to the city to get me to love this essential cocktail. But being a true Southern gal, I prefer mine with bourbon. The smoky and sweet flavors of this favorite make me think of a velvet smoking slipper in a black cherry shade. Plus, the price is just too good not to indulge!