Do you ever watch movies that take place in the past and admire how glamorous everyone looks while traveling? Think “Catch Me If You Can” (Leo…swoon), and how gorgeous the women looked in their pastel suits, heels, and hats.
Today, it’s more common to see people in sweats and sneakers while they’re on the go in the airport. It makes me yearn for the chic travel of the past. Don’t get me wrong…comfort and practicality are key. But I guess its about finding that right balance.
For example, on my recent trip to New York, I traveled in the cutest ALC High waisted trousers, a L’Agence tank, and an Iro knitted jacket. It sounds cute, and I thought I was going to be the chicest woman in the skies. But in reality, the pants were wrinkled by the end of the flight! In fact, I probably would’ve looked more polished if I simply threw on an old pair of jeans. All that to say, when I travel I want to look stylish and put together, but still be comfortable! My tip…wear what makes you feel great. These days, I mostly travel in a longer midi-dress with a jacket or oversized scarf for if I get cold in the airport or plane. OR I opt for jeans and cotton shirt (like my fav tshirt) and a moto jacket. I rock my looks with a chunky heel (like these) OR a chic flat like my Gucci slides or Jonathan Sanders sneaks.
As for what to pack – I always make sure to pack some key essentials for every flight:
1. Something sexy that won’t wrinkle. Cause you never know where the night will take you, and who wants to deal with a steamer or iron?
2. Your favorite pair of sunnies. I ‘m leaning towards classic shapes and dark frames. I just feel like adding a pair of sunglasses just instantly makes an outfit more glamorous!
3. Something Comfy. Last, but certainly not least – pack something that makes you feel comfortable while away from home. For me, I love a soft sweatshirt for lounging around the hotel, or running casual errands. I usually go for navy, grey, or cream – and this one just spoke to me. Taco time? Always.
4. A beloved and travel-sized perfume. You never know when you want a little spritz to make you feel fresh. I love that this bottle – a travel size of Margiela’s sexy “Jazz Club” has a spray top, and isn’t a roll-on. For some reason, I feel like the scent is just stronger when you can spray it on. Plus, this scent in particular is just irresistible. Can’t get enough of it? Click here for the full-size!
5. A travel-sized dry shampoo. Sometimes you hair can feel limp or greasy after travel. I know often times I hop off the plane, go to work or do activities during the day, and then don’t have time to fully do my hair again by evening time. This spray by Oribe smells divine and will keep your locks looking fresh. Get the full-size spray here!
6. Comfortable Heels. Pack some heels that can take you from day to night and won’t make you feel crippled along the way. Since I’ve been traveling back to New York, I’ll wear heels to work and then usually walk to drinks or dinner. I want to feel dressy, but definitely don’t have time or patience for heels that hurt! Plus…life is too short for uncomfortable shoes!
Post A Comment