For me, the holidays means spending time at home cuddled on the couch with family and friends. And things I love to make my home feel extra cozy usually include fresh-cut flowers and lots of candles! I think it just creates such an ambiance to have the lights down low and the faint flicker of candlelight to give the room a warm glow. Not to mention the lovely scents that can fill your home and truly bring this festive season to life. I associate the holidays with a variety of lovely aromas, including amber, pine, and cinnamon. And since I’m such a candle freak, I thought I’d share my favorite picks for scents of the season!
1. Molton Brown. Molton Brown is one of my favorite home and bath brands. This luxurious black-peppercorn candle has a spicy scent with notes of amber, ginger, and bergamot. Plus, I love the color of the hand blown glass container!
2. Diptyque. The first of the amber candles on my list! Diptyque’s Amber is a warm and elegant scent that you’d come to expect from the king of candle brands. While I usually go for the Baies scent, Ambre is perfect for this season!
3. Maison Martin Margiela. I’ve wanted this fragrance for a while now, so I when I saw the candle version, I was instantly intrigued. This particular scent by Margiela aims to immortalize the masculine and exhilarating ambiance of a Brooklyn jazz club. The balmy base scent of musk, vanilla, tonka bean, vetiver, and tobacco leaves combine to evoke a sensual experience. I might still have to get that fragrance!
4. Voluspa. This one is burning in my house right now! Voluspa is one of my candle go-to’s, offering a wide range of exotic scents and beautifully colored holders. Baltic Amber features the bold notes of amber resin, sandalwood and vanilla orchid and will fill your home with a warm and inviting scent.
5. Volcano. Now my go-to, fail-safe, tried and true candle is the Capri Blue Volcano candle. If you’re ever been in an Anthropologie, then you know this candle’s heavenly scent. It has an exotic and slightly tropical aroma, but it isn’t overpowering or inappropriate for colder months. For this season, I opt for the red jar instead of the classic blue.
6. NEST. Last but not least is the candle that reigns supreme this season, aptly named “Holiday” by NEST. Holiday captures the aroma of a sparkling holiday season by blending pomegranate, mandarin orange, pine, cloves and cinnamon with a hint of vanilla and amber.
And there you have it…my picks for a scented and sensual holiday season. Curl up at home, light one of the candles off this list, and let it burn baby burn!
I hope everyone has an amazing holiday and I’ll catch y’all next week just in time for New Years! Xoxo
Post A Comment