Guys, can we take a moment and just talk about J.Crew. Yes, they’re usually one of my go-to stores…but lately I’ve been wanting EVERYTHING. Fall usually means a new and exciting collection, but I’m really impressed by the variety of pieces J.Crew brought forth this season. SO much so, that I’ve decided to do another round-up of my favorite picks, focusing soley on J.Crew. It’s got texture, print, color and above all…..glam! On a personal note, this month I’m going to focus on my health and am trying to lose a little bit of weight. Not to bribe myself…but I’m totally going to bribe myself. If I can make some positive improvements on my health, I think Im just going to have to reward myself with a couple of these items.
Do you ever watch movies that take place in the past and admire how glamorous everyone looks while traveling? Think “Catch Me If You Can” (Leo…swoon), and how gorgeous the women looked in their pastel suits, heels, and hats.
Today, it’s more common to see people in sweats and sneakers while they’re on the go in the airport. It makes me yearn for the chic travel of the past. Don’t get me wrong…comfort and practicality are key. But I guess its about finding that right balance.
For example, on my recent trip to New York, I traveled in the cutest ALC High waisted trousers, a L’Agence tank, and an Iro knitted jacket. It sounds cute, and I thought I was going to be the chicest woman in the skies. But in reality, the pants were wrinkled by the end of the flight! In fact, I probably would’ve looked more polished if I simply threw on an old pair of jeans. All that to say, when I travel I want to look stylish and put together, but still be comfortable! My tip…wear what makes you feel great. These days, I mostly travel in a longer midi-dress with a jacket or oversized scarf for if I get cold in the airport or plane. OR I opt for jeans and cotton shirt (like my fav tshirt) and a moto jacket. I rock my looks with a chunky heel (like these) OR a chic flat like my Gucci slides or Jonathan Sanders sneaks.
As for what to pack – I always make sure to pack some key essentials for every flight:
2. Your favorite pair of sunnies. I ‘m leaning towards classic shapes and dark frames. I just feel like adding a pair of sunglasses just instantly makes an outfit more glamorous!
3. Something Comfy. Last, but certainly not least – pack something that makes you feel comfortable while away from home. For me, I love a soft sweatshirt for lounging around the hotel, or running casual errands. I usually go for navy, grey, or cream – and this one just spoke to me. Taco time? Always.
4. A beloved and travel-sized perfume. You never know when you want a little spritz to make you feel fresh. I love that this bottle – a travel size of Margiela’s sexy “Jazz Club” has a spray top, and isn’t a roll-on. For some reason, I feel like the scent is just stronger when you can spray it on. Plus, this scent in particular is just irresistible. Can’t get enough of it? Click here for the full-size!
5. A travel-sized dry shampoo. Sometimes you hair can feel limp or greasy after travel. I know often times I hop off the plane, go to work or do activities during the day, and then don’t have time to fully do my hair again by evening time. This spray by Oribe smells divine and will keep your locks looking fresh. Get the full-size spray here!
6. Comfortable Heels. Pack some heels that can take you from day to night and won’t make you feel crippled along the way. Since I’ve been traveling back to New York, I’ll wear heels to work and then usually walk to drinks or dinner. I want to feel dressy, but definitely don’t have time or patience for heels that hurt! Plus…life is too short for uncomfortable shoes!
This week I’m highlighting some lust-worthy picks inspired by my best friend, Rachel. These pieces are a little of her, a little of me – but all the way fabulous!
1. Golden Mink Eye Shadow Quad: Tom Ford. So I’ve seen two people (with very different skin tones) wearing this eye-shadow and it literally looks good on everyone. The warm tones and touch of sparkle aren’t your everyday nude – but they aren’t over the top either. When I was in New York I sneakily used the palette after digging through Rachel’s makeup bag – and fell in love. Hook a sista up, Rach!
2. Liri Pearl Blush Choker: Lionette by Noa Sade. Full disclosure – I already bought this choker! I had a pretty big client meeting last week, for which I had to fly up to New York. Since it was my first time back in the city since we moved, I wanted to go back to my old stomping grounds with a new outfit. I kept it conservative… but of course, fashionable! I still wanted to feel youthful and like myself. Funny enough – my mom actually picked out this choker! The blush stones bring a girly touch to an edgier piece of jewelry, and the pearl is the sweetest touch. Plus it’s on sale (link below)!
3. Ruched Shirt Dress: Veronica Beard. This dress brings sex appeal to an otherwise conservative silhouette. I love the neckline, the button details and the figure-hugging fit. Rachel tried it on in white and it was absolutely stunning. The white is the crisp kind of dress you can wear to work and then out for rooftop cocktails and not look out of place! The black is so chic and would be great even later in the year, layered under a chunky cardigan or leather jacket. Can I have it in both black and white please?!
4. Mitzah Twilly: Dior. Earlier this year, I wrote a post on top “neckerchiefs,” but now I’ve got one more to add to the list! On a recent shopping trip to Dior – Rach got this pretty twilly that she wears around her neck. It’s the perfect size and less bulky than a full-fledged scarf. Since then, I’ve had my eye on the monogrammed collection! I love that each letter has a distinct style – and it just so happens that the “O” is my favorite! While Rachel mostly wears hers around her neck, I see myself wrapping the handle of my favorite handbag.
5. The Noir 29 Shower Gel: Le Labo. Again with my stealing Rachel’s cosmetics and fragrances. It’s not my fault she’s a beauty guru! When staying at her place I used this shower gel by Le Labo and the scent was absolutely intoxicating!! It’s a little pricey, but I think I’m going to spring for it to use on nights when I want a more luxurious shower experience!
6. Coco Knotted Velvet Slide Sandal: Loeffler Randall. Words can’t express how much I love these shoes! I bought them in the prettiest shade of marigold yellow, but they’re SO COMFORTABLE and look good with everything – that now I want them in watermelon. Am I being greedy? How does that saying go, “If the shoe fits, buy them in every color!”
And there you have it…this week’s round-up. Let me know your favorite pick in the comments below!