Happy Valentine’s Day Dolls! Today might be all about the love, but I’m also spreading the lust with today’s list of must-have items. It’s a lot of sweet, sexy, and pink…some of my favorite things! I hope you love these lust-worthy picks as much as I do!
1-2. L’Agent Siena Bra & Thong – What’s Valentine’s Day without something a little sexy? I love the delicate blush-colored lace of this set from L’Agent. Wear it for that special someone…or just for yourself! While I love the blush and gold, the navy and black is also super sexy and on sale!
3. MAC Angel Lipstick – I love a classic pink pout. And with Valentine’s Day and Spring right around the corner, now is the perfect time to pickup a new shade. MAC has so many great colors that you’re bound to find the perfect pink for your skin tone. Recently, I’m loving a shocking pink called “All Fired Up,” as well as “faux” a muted, mauve pink.
4. tarte Cheek Stain – Speaking of beauty picks, I recently had brunch with Rachel and she had the most amazing dewy glow on her cheeks. Turns out it was this cheek stain from tarte! So many times a cream blush can look streaky on the skin, but this was the perfect rosy glow that looked natural and neither greasy nor chalky. I’m really dying to try this out for myself! If anyone has used this, let me know in the comments below!
5. Jo Malone Basil & Neroli – As seen on my Instagram, this is my new favorite scent for Spring! The basil smells fresh and botanical, while the Neroli balances it with a bright floral scent. All I can say is it smells like vacation…and that’s just where I’m going with it! But like most Jo Malone scents, this is classic enough to wear everyday to the office. If the basil is throwing you off…trust me, you won’t smell like a pizza, you’ll smell gorgeous! Give it a spray next time you’re walking through your local department store and let me know what you think!
6. Tom Ford Sean Sunglasses – A classic aviator never goes out of style! This pair by Tom Ford manages to add some glam to the sunglass shape. With a cognac-leather top bar and rose-gold mirrored lenses, it’s a more modern take. Who says you can’t see the world through rose-colored glasses?
7. Alexis Loe Floral-Print Shirt Dress – Last but not least is this flirty little number by Alexis. The satin, the floral print, the balloon sleeves and the sherberty colors are just too gorgeous and sweet. This dress makes me feel like Marie Antoinette would wear this to brunch in New York City with her friends. Wear this to any Spring event, with a strappy sandals and those sunglasses in #6.
xoxo, Lauren Ashley
In my post from last week, I mentioned that lipstick is one of my favorite ways to switch up an outfit. A swipe of a different color can change the vibe of a look and take you from work-friendly to party ready! While I mostly stick with pinkish nudes (MAC’s “Spirit” is my go-to), I’ve recently been branching out to include other shades like flame red, deep plum, shocking pink, and caramel nude. Here are my favorites that keep my lip game on point!
I’m a lover of handbags, for sure. But one thing I can’t stand is when all of my goodies are rolling around loose in my beautiful bag. First of all, things are much harder to find that way. Secondly, I’m terrified that a lid of some cosmetic item will pop off, and the product will spill on the inside of my bag. It’s honestly what nightmares are made of.
To avoid all that, I always keep my cosmetic goodies safe in a cute pouch. I rotate a few, including my Pamela Barksy pouches that are cute, affordable and have some personality. I’m obsessed with these sassy zip-up bags and always find cute new sayings to add to my collection.
Another brand I love is Cuyana. I’m a huge fan of their classic tote (my everyday work bag) and the cosmetic cases are equally as functional and beautiful. The pearl grey color is my absolute favorite. It’s feminine and classic, and looks great with the gold monogram. These are also a great gift!
Inside my cosmetic case, I usually just keep my everyday essentials and what I need for quick makeup touch-ups at work. Hand treatments (I’m an old lady, I know), makeup, and a travel-sized perfume are the go-to’s in my arsenal. But my favorite is my rainbow of lipsticks I keep handy. I think a lipstick change is an easy way to take an outfit from work to evening, so I keep a variety of colors in my pouch. Check back next week to see a few of my new favorites!