Fall is here ladies and gentleman! And one of the best things about my favorite fashion season is that it’s finally boot weather! Don’t get me wrong, I’m still a Florida gal who loves her sandals, but there’s something about boots and turtlenecks, sweaters and chic coats that gets me excited about the arrival of cool weather.
Call me crazy, but I think taking a little risk with your accessories is something that makes Fall fashion so interesting. So when I saw these daring knee-high snakeskin boots, I knew they would really make a statement for the new season. While I’m absolutely petrified… let me repeat… PETRIFIED of snakes… these boots just spoke to me! Think they’re not versatile? I disagree! I think they would be so chic with an all black outfit… black high-waisted pants, a black sweater and a long black coat. I even see them with a crisp white oxford over classic blue jeans. They could even be worn with mini dresses, or peeking out under a midi dress for just a hint of rock and roll flare. I really think the opportunities are endless! For my look, I paired the patterned boots with a striped turtleneck and a classic black waist skirt and a winter-white peacoat. I rarely wear a short coat, but I thought the light color really softened the look of the boots for an afternoon of brunching and shopping.
Even though they scare me a bit, I really love my new boots. I feel a lil bit country, a lil bit rock and roll! What do you think? Would you wear boots like these? What are some of your favorite styles for Fall?
You might remember that a couple of weeks ago, I included a faux suede jacket on my lust list. Well…some lust list fairy tells do come true! This recent addition to my moto collection is a rich nutmeg shade, and soft faux suede with a silver buckle and zippers. Despite being faux, the fabric doesn’t look cheap…and that was the major selling point for me! It looks a lot more luxe than you would expect for that price point.
And while I was at Zara picking up my new Fall jacket, a glimpse of silver caught my eye. Before I knew it, this skirt was coming home with me! I love the juxtaposition of a classic pleated silhouette with a funky metallic fabric! And paired with a muted top it becomes less tin-foily. I chose a Rag and Bone chiffon crossover blouse with Satin details at the cuffs- literally my favorite shirt these days!
To finish off my look, I wore my Alexander Wang booties in “Dark Truffle.” It’s surprising how well these go with the jacket, and this was actually one of my first times pairing the two together. Again, the color is so rich on the suede, and the tapered toe really gives this mid-heel boot the perfect shape. Of course, my favorite detail (besides the comfort) is the cutout heel inlaid with metallic detail. What a cool touch and signature of Alexander Wang! The boots also come in different heights, fabrics, and metals- so whatever your preference, there is an option for you!
I wore this to a Saturday brunch with my girlfriends, but I could also see myself wearing it to work on a day I feel like shining! What do you all think of this look? Would you rock this moto or metal?
1. A.L.C. I love everything about this dress. The lady-like length (up the cool factor with booties and a leather jacket), the flattering fit-and-flare silhouette, the peekaboo detail at the hem, and of course – the color. Dress this up or down, this is a classic piece that won’t go out of style!
2. H&M. Bubblegum pink, an oversized shape and wide sleeves – what an amazing combination for this 70’s inspired sweater!
3. Prada. Speaking of the 70’s, what’s more glam than this pair of round sunglasses? I think they pay homage to the era with their dramatic shape, but are classic enough to stand the test of time in a way that doesn’t feel gimmicky.
4. Zara. I love my over-the-knee boots! And at this price, these velvet beauties are a great way to incorporate the velvet trend into your wardrobe in a showstopping way! I see these paired with a flirty short dress, or even over black jeans. The Aquazurra boots that look similar cost quite the pretty penny (almost $1000), so these are a steal that I have to have!
5. Dior. I’ve been really wanting to try a spray-on foundation and this one seems to be the most highly reviewed! Admirers of this product say it gives you a smooth, air-brushed finish. Stay tuned to see if I try this out for myself!
6. Madewell. Surprise! These gorgeous and super-70’s flares are on-sale at Madewell. I think these are the perfect pair of jeans for Fall! Pair them with a cropped or bell-sleeved sweater , or a velvet blazer to add polish to your retro look. Far out, right?!