Usually I’m not a fan of showing so much skin, but this year’s sheer fashion trend has me totally on board! You’re able to leave little to the imagination, but still be tasteful at the same time. So what is sheer fashion you might ask? It’s undershirts…dresses…tops with some peekaboo elements. Think mesh or sheer chiffon! Sheer fashion can be subtle with mere sheer panels, OR an entire bodysuit, or even dress.
And as someone who likes a little more coverage, I love pairing my sheer fashion with an overcoat or leather jacket and something high-waisted. So how do I wear the trend? Well, I got my sheer fashion from somewhere you might not expect…Spanx! While some may associate Spanx with the ultra-smoothing shapewear we’ve come to know and love, they also have a range of activewear, lingerie, and fashion pieces! I spotted this flocked dot bodysuit and instantly saw the sexy potential.
For my outfit, I paired my bodysuit with another great Spanx piece – The Nudist Wireless Bra in black! I threw on a high-waisted skirt to add some sparkle and glamour, and then threw on a long overcoat to only give a peekaboo of skin. Lastly, I finished my look with baby blue chandelier earrings to tie together the look. What I love about the bodysuit is that it’s so stretchy! I wasn’t afraid of poking holes, it being too tight (even though it looked tiny when it came in the mail), or being difficult to put on/take off multiple times. While I opted for a sexier look and baring my bra – I think this particular piece will be great for layering! I can totally see myself wearing it under a sleeveless dress to add a pop of texture to my look. Here’s to many more outfits or mixing and matching, layering and going sheer!
What do you dolls think? Would you rock the sheer fashion?
Most of the time in my line of work, I’m not really “client ready.” My uniform is pretty much ripped jeans, Manolos, and a leather jacket. So recently, I decided to get a look that I felt was appropriate for big meetings, but still had some of my personality.
On a recent trip to Greenwich, CT, Rachel and I stopped into the Rag & Bone and they were having an amazing sale! I picked up these pants, and my new favorite blouse in a window-pane check pattern and luxe silk fabric.
It can sometimes pull when put under a heavy jacket (so I have to be careful), but I think it’s both cute and very client appropriate – especially when under a blazer. The best part? I’ve worn both pieces in more casual ways…the top with my go-to ripped jeans and heels, and the pants with a tight black top and leather jacket. I think it’s always a great idea to have versatile pieces that can be mixed and matched for many occasions. These new Rag & Bone items are certainly that for me, plus the sale made them a no-brainer!
It’s a New Year, so time for a new lust list! To be totally honest, it took me a while to come up with a number of lust-worthy items this week. I guess I’m still in bliss after getting goodies over the holidays. But in true me fashion, I found some things I wouldn’t mind having… ok, I’m totally lusting. So here you have it ladies and gentlemen…the first lust list of 2017!
1. Chanel Brooch– Let’s start this year of with a bang, shall we? Coming in hot at #1 is this metallic and crystal Chanel brooch. I’m really intrigued by the idea of a brooch…especially in the Fall and Winter months. I see myself pinning it on layers such as a field jacket, or even on an overcoat (like this one!) I especially love this one from Chanel because it has just the right amount of glitz. Wear this to instantly accessorize any outfit with a ladylike touch.
2. Rag & Bone Arrow Print Sweater– I just think this wool sweater from Rag & Bone is so cool. With a unique arrow print, it combines my favorite winter-wear colors. Style this with black jeans and loafers, or metallic boots.
3. Gucci Leather Loafer Slides– Speaking of loafers…a comfy pair is always classic. And a pair of Gucci loafers with the horsebit detail, now that’s just chic. A modern take of Gucci’s iconic loafer, I love this slip-on pair in either black or rich brown. I know that the fur-lined version became very trendy recently, but I think this classic pair will never go out of style. Slip these on to elevate jeans and a t-shirt, or dress it up with a trendy midi dress.
4. Charlotte Tilbury Luminous Modern-Matte Lipstick– The hottest new lipstick on the market. I love Charlotte Tilbury’s “Matte Revolution” lipsticks. They come in the most gorgeous, buildable shades and the gold packaging is to die for. I really want every color!
5. Glossier Super Pure Facial Serum– The winter months can be brutal on your skin, so I try to put in some extra TLC when I can. Glossier (the cool girl’s beauty brand) can help you do just that with their super pack of serums. Dry skin? Dull skin? Problem skin? The super pack has just the serum for you. I want to give this a shot because I really like the message, branding, and overall ethos behind the brand. I can’t wait to give this variety pack of serums a shot!
6. ASOS Fishnet Ankle Socks– Last but not least…how cool are the fishnet socks? Don’t look to these to keep your toes warm, but instead add some cool dimension peaking out from booties, platform sneakers, and you guessed it…loafers!