I feel like I’m constantly in search of a travel outfit that’s equal parts comfortable, equal parts put-together. For my recent trip to Savannah, I looked no further than the affordable, but stylish J.Crew. They have the most gorgeous wide-leg trousers made in a flowing and wrinkle-resistant fabric. I wore them for 4 hours in the car and stepped out looking vacation-ready, not wrinkled! I opted for a navy pair and originally wanted to wear a monochromatic look. However, when I saw the sunshine, I opted for a brighter color palette. One of my favorite color combinations happens to be red and pink, and J.Crew had the same in mind.
While both my pants and top are J.Crew, my accessories are from two other favorites – Mark & Graham and Anthropologie. I kept both my sunglasses and bag coordinated with pops of red, then topped of my look with my favorite Eric Javits hat! Here’s hoping more sunshine and vacation-ready looks are in my near future!
Happy Holidays Dolls! I’m always very excited about this time of year because it generally means I get to spend time with my full family, as my brother flies in from Ireland. The time we spend together is so precious, as we pass the days eating, drinking, and cracking jokes. Oh and shopping! We do our fair share ;).
With Nigell and Roble flying in from Ireland, my dad, and Jason- I’ve got a lot of stylish men in my family to get gifts for. My family does this funny thing where every year we say “no gifts” but then inevitably everyone buys a gift! While the presents aren’t the priority, it’s definitely nice to buy a treat for your loved-ones every now and then…especially if you don’t see each other that often. So if you’re like me and looking for gifts for the special guys in your life, then look no further!
1. J. Crew Cotton-Cashmere Sweater. Disclaimer: This list has a number of monogrammed goodies, beginning with this cotton-cashmere sweater from J.Crew. I love a monogram! I think it always special to have something personalized for you. J.Crew sweaters are a great and practical gift this season. Take the gift over the top by adding your man’s initials.
2. WANT Les Essentiels Backpack. Men need bags even if they don’t want to admit it. It’s nice to have a small bag to put a laptop and some essentials for work, or it’s great to have a bag this size for a “personal item” when traveling. I can imagine Jason putting his snacks, his Bose headphones, an extra shirt, or his favorite small toiletries to freshen up when we’re traveling. I love this WANT Les Essentiels backpack because it’s a great size that doesn’t seem like a high schooler would wear it, but also won’t make a man feeling like he’s carrying a purse. I also love the navy color (it seems less utilitarian than black), the luxe leather details, and minimal gold branding.
3. Mr. Porter Grooming Kit. Speaking of small toiletries for your guy to pack, I’m OBSESSED with this Mr. Porter grooming kit. It comes with 12 perfectly sized products for him to try multiple items and see what he likes best. Some of the luxury products include Oribe shampoo, Malin + Goetz shaving cream, and Penhaligon deodorant. For less than $100 this is a steal. And look at that packaging… go on, get this…your guy will love you for it!
4. CaseApp Custom iPhone Case. With the launch of the iPhone 7 this year, a custom phone case is a great gift! Or maybe he doesn’t have a new phone, so a new case would give it a fresh look! With CaseApp you can build a cool new case from pre-designed styles, OR completely design your own case from scratch with their online tool! Go personal with your guys initials, a logo, or a style that means something special to him. I just ordered a couple of my own to give my phone a fresh look. So check back to the blog to see how they turned out! **Psst… want to save 20% on this gift? use Coupon Code: PAPERDOLLXMAS20 at checkout, and you’re in. Consider it an early gift from me to you!**
5. Mark And Graham Monogrammed Linen Handkerchief. My father-in-law once told Jason that a gentlemen should always have a handkerchief on him, because you never know when you’re going to need one! And I have to say…they are handy to have. Jason loves having personalized handkerchiefs with his initials, which are a great and practical (also inexpensive) gift.
6. Common Projects Sneakers. For the uber stylish guy in your life who loves his shoes…chances are he has his eye on a pair of a Common Projects. The simple, luxury sneaker has become all the rage in the past year or so, coming in a range of colors from classic black to the palest of pink. My favorites? The navy leather and the almond-colored suede (seen above). I got these for Jason for our anniversary and he loves them! Your guy will too!
7. Shinola Hard Linen Monogrammed Journal. Last but not least is a good ole notebook. Shinola has a great range of sizes and colors that are also able to be personalized. It’s a great and practical gift to get your guy a fresh notebook to start the new year in style at work. I love the linen texture and variety of colors including red, sky blue, and hunter green. As a matter of fact, I want one for myself!
Speaking of gifts I want… Ladies, you’re not forgotten. Your gift guide will be up next week! Happy holidays y’all!