You ever play that game with your friends where you ask about “favorites” to the extreme? Like… “if you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would be it be?” Pizza, duh! Well, my friends and I do that in the context of clothes. If you could only wear one brand the entire season, what would it be? Surprisingly, more seasons than not I have the same answer – Tibi. I think their clothes are feminine, yet modern. Trendy, but not over the top.
Before I left for Amsterdam earlier this season, I spotted this Tibi top and knew I had to have it. Of course, navy is one of my favorite colors to wear, so I immediately gravitated towards the deep blue hue hanging on the rack.
Details that I love include elastic cuffs, a rose gold zipper down the back and of course, the cutout shoulder that’s just the right amount of sexy. So far, I’ve worn the top with ripped jeans, black pants, and my favorite– striped, flare trousers. I love these pants, because the stretch fabric and vertical stripes make them flattering for all shapes.
To finish off my look, I opted for an old Houndstooth clutch to add a touch of Fall and greater dimension to my look. Who says you can’t mix patterns?! Finally, I felt the 70’s inspired flare pants needed vintage looking round shades, complements of Gucci. What do you dolls think of the final look? Like the 70’s style.
1. Eugenia Kim. I’ve been wanting a boater hat for a while now, and I can see myself wearing this wool version in the Fall. I also love the delicate floral detail which adds some feminine beauty to a more masculine shape.
2. Zara. Velvet! This season’s biggest trend. I love a great crossbody bag, and the fact that it’s navy makes me love it even more. Plus, you can’t beat that price! P.S. Zara has some great bags right now, so you should definitely check them out!
3. Derek Lam 10 Crosby. I love this dress. The colors are so beautiful in person, and I feel like it’s a piece you can wear in Spring, Summer or Fall depending upon the shoe. I look forward to pairing this with a knee-high boot, leather jacket and gold jewelry.
4. Zara. This jacket just looks so expensive and cool. My friend Rachel and I often share new things we’re pining over with each other, and this just to happens to be on both of our lists. Stay tuned to see if we end up twinning!
5. Stuart Weitzman. I wear my Stuart Weitmzan “Highland” bootss just about every other day in the Fall/Winter. Just ask any of my friends or co-workers. Stuart Weitzman makes the sexiest and most flattering boots. I love my grey thigh-highs so much that this year I’m going to go for a black pair – this time in the “All Legs” style that goes even higher up on the thigh. I guess the name is appropriate.
6. Creed. Jason has worn Creed’s Aventus for a couple of years, and the fragrance is so unique and identifiable. Recently, Creed has released the female version of the scent, and I just have to try it. I’m sure Jason will be happy that I’m no longer stealing his!
7. Topshop. Anything that makes me feel like Barbie is a yes in my book. These pink metallic platforms make me feel like disco is back! I see myself wearing these with a flirty dress for a night out, or jeans and a white top for a fun work look.