By now, I’m sure you’ve seen my his and hers gift guides for this holiday season. If you haven’t, be sure to check them out HERE (his) and HERE (hers). On my guys’ guide, I included the idea of a cool, custom phone case – but ladies, this is great for you too! With the new iPhone that launched this year, everyone needs a case to keep our precious phones safe! Let’s be honest… our phones are glued to our hands day in and day out.
Even if it’s not a new phone, an updated case can make a phone feel refreshed and brand new in a sense. We get new shoes, new bags, rotate our accessories to match an outfit, so why shouldn’t our phones be stylish as well?
That why I’m so excited to partner with CaseApp and offer a 20% promo code to my readers. So what is CaseApp? CaseApp is an amazing site that lets you design custom cases for your phone, iPad, Macbook, etc. You can design your own cases, skins, or even pick from a bunch of a cute designs that are already pre-loaded on the site. Of course I had to give it a try for myself!
I went for a forest green case with my initials in an icy mint green. But I didn’t stop there! With 2017 right around the corner, I designed a personalized case incorporating my name and stripes in Pantone’s official colors for 2017. After designing, I simply uploaded to CaseApp’s easy-to-use site for quick printing and shipping. I love how you can design something from scratch and let your personality show. And in the end… isn’t that what fashion’s all about?! So what are you waiting for… head to CaseApp and the use this code for your 20% discount! Promo code: PAPERDOLLXMAS20
Happy Holidays Dolls! I’m always very excited about this time of year because it generally means I get to spend time with my full family, as my brother flies in from Ireland. The time we spend together is so precious, as we pass the days eating, drinking, and cracking jokes. Oh and shopping! We do our fair share ;).
With Nigell and Roble flying in from Ireland, my dad, and Jason- I’ve got a lot of stylish men in my family to get gifts for. My family does this funny thing where every year we say “no gifts” but then inevitably everyone buys a gift! While the presents aren’t the priority, it’s definitely nice to buy a treat for your loved-ones every now and then…especially if you don’t see each other that often. So if you’re like me and looking for gifts for the special guys in your life, then look no further!
1. J. Crew Cotton-Cashmere Sweater. Disclaimer: This list has a number of monogrammed goodies, beginning with this cotton-cashmere sweater from J.Crew. I love a monogram! I think it always special to have something personalized for you. J.Crew sweaters are a great and practical gift this season. Take the gift over the top by adding your man’s initials.
2. WANT Les Essentiels Backpack. Men need bags even if they don’t want to admit it. It’s nice to have a small bag to put a laptop and some essentials for work, or it’s great to have a bag this size for a “personal item” when traveling. I can imagine Jason putting his snacks, his Bose headphones, an extra shirt, or his favorite small toiletries to freshen up when we’re traveling. I love this WANT Les Essentiels backpack because it’s a great size that doesn’t seem like a high schooler would wear it, but also won’t make a man feeling like he’s carrying a purse. I also love the navy color (it seems less utilitarian than black), the luxe leather details, and minimal gold branding.
3. Mr. Porter Grooming Kit. Speaking of small toiletries for your guy to pack, I’m OBSESSED with this Mr. Porter grooming kit. It comes with 12 perfectly sized products for him to try multiple items and see what he likes best. Some of the luxury products include Oribe shampoo, Malin + Goetz shaving cream, and Penhaligon deodorant. For less than $100 this is a steal. And look at that packaging… go on, get this…your guy will love you for it!
4. CaseApp Custom iPhone Case. With the launch of the iPhone 7 this year, a custom phone case is a great gift! Or maybe he doesn’t have a new phone, so a new case would give it a fresh look! With CaseApp you can build a cool new case from pre-designed styles, OR completely design your own case from scratch with their online tool! Go personal with your guys initials, a logo, or a style that means something special to him. I just ordered a couple of my own to give my phone a fresh look. So check back to the blog to see how they turned out! **Psst… want to save 20% on this gift? use Coupon Code: PAPERDOLLXMAS20 at checkout, and you’re in. Consider it an early gift from me to you!**
5. Mark And Graham Monogrammed Linen Handkerchief. My father-in-law once told Jason that a gentlemen should always have a handkerchief on him, because you never know when you’re going to need one! And I have to say…they are handy to have. Jason loves having personalized handkerchiefs with his initials, which are a great and practical (also inexpensive) gift.
6. Common Projects Sneakers. For the uber stylish guy in your life who loves his shoes…chances are he has his eye on a pair of a Common Projects. The simple, luxury sneaker has become all the rage in the past year or so, coming in a range of colors from classic black to the palest of pink. My favorites? The navy leather and the almond-colored suede (seen above). I got these for Jason for our anniversary and he loves them! Your guy will too!
7. Shinola Hard Linen Monogrammed Journal. Last but not least is a good ole notebook. Shinola has a great range of sizes and colors that are also able to be personalized. It’s a great and practical gift to get your guy a fresh notebook to start the new year in style at work. I love the linen texture and variety of colors including red, sky blue, and hunter green. As a matter of fact, I want one for myself!
Speaking of gifts I want… Ladies, you’re not forgotten. Your gift guide will be up next week! Happy holidays y’all!