Trends come and go. Some are for me, while others I just let pass. For instance, tiny sunglasses – I’ve worn a pair here or there, but I haven’t truly invested in this trend. On the other hand, a trend I’m totally in love with is layered necklaces! For one, you can get on-board with items you already have in your possession! No need to go out and spend to make this style a reality.
So what are some items to consider when going for the layered necklace look? Materials and length! Let’s start with materials. While mixing metals can be fun, too many can look cluttered and unintentional. I suggest sticking with one, such as gold, which is classic and modern. To add variety, you can mix up different textures – perhaps a chain, perhaps one is smooth, maybe one is made of paillettes. There are so many options to play with.
Next up is length! If all of your necklaces fall at the same place, then it looks like a jumbled mess. Instead, try varying lengths that show off the uniqueness of each necklace. For me, I usually like to wear a choker, then something that falls right at the base of my neck, then a chain that lies flat on my chest. You can see the beauty of each piece and the layering effect really comes to life!
And there you have it… Do you dolls like to layer necklaces? Share your favorite with me and see the necklaces I love at the links below!
1. The tiny pailettes in the necklace give it an intricate, yet delicate look. Still super shiny, but understated at the same time – this is jewelry that a lucky lady will love, without breaking the bank. I think I might have to get this for myself!
2. The most unique and intoxicating fragrance I’ve ever smelled. I personally want this, but haven’t taken the plunge yet.
3. Basically a wonder-serum, the La Mer renewal oil is the perfect little luxury for your skin. A couple of drops revitalize and renew skin for a soft and even complexion. It feels and smells amazing!
4. This time of year calls for a great jacket- and the one I can’t live without happens to be my leather. While my go-to is black, this beauty from The Arrivals is a versatile and feminine shade of blush. Plus, the removable fur collar adds an unexpected edge that can make the jacket seem totally different.
5. Jason and I are obsessed with our Bose portable speaker. You can easily take it in any room of the house, even outside if the weather permits. Simply connect it to your smartphone via Bluetooth and you’re good to go. This is a MUST HAVE on any list.
6. A pair of pricey sneakers that she might not buy herself, Golden Goose are all the rage and come in such a wide variety of textures and colors- there’s one for every personality!
7. We women love our cosmetics – and what’s even better than having all of your beauty faves, is having them perfectly packed in a beautiful case! This one from Bobbi Brown is the most beautiful shade of Bordeaux, and the structured shape makes it seem even more glamorous.
8. Did I mention that we women love our cosmetics. This set of travel brushes packs a punch with high-quality bristles, but in a petite size perfect for packing. Plus, how cute is that case?!