To me the holiday season means family, friends, giving, and fabulous parties! And what do holiday parties mean? Festive fashion of course! This time of year usually calls for velvet, red, gold and sequins. However, sometimes I like to be a little more unexpected with my fashion choices in and around the holidays.
While those trends are always classic and beautiful, this year I opted for something a little more playful. Some of you might have seen me wear this flirty Monique Lhuillier cocktail dress for the Spanx fashion show earlier in the year. However, I thought the recent festivities called for me to bring it out of the closet again and throw on an edgy leather jacket to boot. Of course, I didn’t throw out tradition entirely, as I added a holiday touch with my red velvet slingbacks that I got in Amsterdam! I feel the pop of red and texture inspires feelings of customary holiday-attire but the primary color palette, polka dots and leather brings a fresh perspective to this time of year. All of this to say… don’t feel like you have to go hunting for the perfect red sparkly cocktail dress this season – maybe just add a touch of holiday to something you already own. Or, if you do find that perfect holiday outfit – go for it! But make sure it’s something you’ll want to wear more than once a year.
Well, all of this talk about holiday parties has me in the mood for some spiked cider! I’m going to enjoy the day and join in on the festivities. Have a great weekend dolls! xo
1. A masculine and luxurious fragrance. This latest release from Creed has notes of bergamot, peppercorn, and mint among others. I feel like I’ll have to steal this one off Jason’s side of the vanity!
2. I’m absolutely obsessed with my Daniel Wellington watch, and I know there’s one on Jason’s wish list as well! The timepiece is classic, modern, and simple and any guy would love to have one on his wrist. With a variety of options (and interchangeable straps), he can also switch up his look when the occasion strikes!
3. A classic and fun sneaker for hitting the town! Jason loves a casual shoe for running errands on weekends, or for dressed-down days at work. Your guy can even pair these with a t-shirt and suit combo for a modern take on business casual!
4. Wallets are always a great gift, because they are a treat you might not buy yourself. They can feel “beat up” easily with the wear and tear of daily use, so a new one somehow makes you feel extra fresh! I love this card case from Thom Browne with it’s classic black leather and signature striped detail.
5. The newest craze in the travel world! Away luggage is stylish, durable and functional!l They feature a high-quality casing, locks, interior compartments, and USB charger. I personally love the monogram collection where you can add hand-painted initials to add a personalized touch!
6. Lose yourself…not your luggage! Use these smart tags to track your luggage no matter where it goes.
7. The newest and shiniest kid on the iPhone block! With the screen the size of a plus, brilliant display, facial recognition and no home button, this is the most tech-forward of iPhones thus far. I can’t wait to personally get one for myself, and I know Jason is dying for one too!
8. What goes better with a new phone than wireless headphones to match! Whenever you pull your AirPods out of the charging case, they instantly turn on and connect to your iPhone – what magic!
1. The tiny pailettes in the necklace give it an intricate, yet delicate look. Still super shiny, but understated at the same time – this is jewelry that a lucky lady will love, without breaking the bank. I think I might have to get this for myself!
2. The most unique and intoxicating fragrance I’ve ever smelled. I personally want this, but haven’t taken the plunge yet.
3. Basically a wonder-serum, the La Mer renewal oil is the perfect little luxury for your skin. A couple of drops revitalize and renew skin for a soft and even complexion. It feels and smells amazing!
4. This time of year calls for a great jacket- and the one I can’t live without happens to be my leather. While my go-to is black, this beauty from The Arrivals is a versatile and feminine shade of blush. Plus, the removable fur collar adds an unexpected edge that can make the jacket seem totally different.
5. Jason and I are obsessed with our Bose portable speaker. You can easily take it in any room of the house, even outside if the weather permits. Simply connect it to your smartphone via Bluetooth and you’re good to go. This is a MUST HAVE on any list.
6. A pair of pricey sneakers that she might not buy herself, Golden Goose are all the rage and come in such a wide variety of textures and colors- there’s one for every personality!
7. We women love our cosmetics – and what’s even better than having all of your beauty faves, is having them perfectly packed in a beautiful case! This one from Bobbi Brown is the most beautiful shade of Bordeaux, and the structured shape makes it seem even more glamorous.
8. Did I mention that we women love our cosmetics. This set of travel brushes packs a punch with high-quality bristles, but in a petite size perfect for packing. Plus, how cute is that case?!