Velvet. Velvet. Velvet…. The trend of the season!
We all know I love shoes, so I’d be remiss if I didn’t write a post showcasing the hottest footwear in Fall’s most luxe fabric.
Sandals, booties, and fresh kicks – I’ve got them all. Below you’ll find my favorite velvet picks to up your shoe game!
1. Club Monaco Zadie Bootie– A luxe midnight navy bootie – These are chic enough to wear with dresses and tights, or throw them on for a stylish day at work with a simple pair of dark jeans. I love the simplicity of the boot shape, and the sapphire shade that will make you want to give you classic black boots a rest.
2. Prada Platform Sandal– A vampy bordeaux sandal with a platform that will make your legs look miles long. I think every holiday party deserves these retro-inspired babies.
3. Steve Madden Bertie-V Platform Sneaker– Want a more sporty take on the velvet trend? I’ve got you! Incorporate these rich sneakers with satin laces (ballet class, anyone?) into your wardrobe with ease. I find the color a little bit unexpected, and I love that it really shows off the fabrics. Sometimes with dark colors, it’s hard to see the velvety texture. No such issue with these! I also love the platform sole… I’m sold.
4. Joie Nabile Platform Sandal– I love a good taupe shoe. It’s kinda brown…it’s kinda grey…it’s kinda green. The ambiguity of the shade allows it to go with so much! Again, the color is a little on the unexpected side and can really elevate an outfit. I love the knot detail and ankle strap. Uber sexy to wear with jeans rolled up at the ankle, or with a flirty skirt.
5. Alexandre Birman Clarita d’Orsay Sandal– My personal favorite of the bunch. This classic silhouette by Alexandre Birman gets re-worked for the Fall season in a plush navy velvet. The combination of the designer’s signature bow and ankle tie is both sweet AND sexy at once. These are a more delicate approach than the other heels on this list, and would be perfect for every holiday party!
6. Jimmy Choo Mavy Peep-Toe Lace-Up Bootie– These booties are a little bit rock and roll, and I LOVE them. With the lace-up front and peep toe, they can be dressed up or down. These are just a little more unique than your average black boot!
What do y’all think? Have you hopped on the velvet trend this season?
November 20, 2016