Fashion seems like it should always be fun. It’s an expression of ourselves, right? Well, there are times when we need it to be equally functional. Case in point…the perfect work bag! I pride myself on having a couple nice work bags, and co-workers are always asking for suggestions. They want something stylish, simple, and functional (pockets, a strap, easy to travel, etc). Well, I wanted to share my current work bag of late and a couple other staples that I think fit the bill. So put away that free canvas tote you got as a promotional gift, and upgrade to one of these beauties!
My bag: The stripe adds a bit of fashionable fun, but the color palette is still classic enough for work. The strap is a thoughtful detail for slinging it over your shoulder on heavy-load days!
(Also like this one)
Want Les Essentiels: Another understated yet luxurious tote that’s equally as durable as it is stylish. I ‘m partial to the camel canvas, but it also comes in black and other fabrics/leather. It’s unisex (my husband has one) and doesn’t feel like a purse, which I love! Sometimes I like taking a separate/smaller purse to work (perhaps for happy hour) and I don’t want to feel like I’m carrying two handbags.
Cuyana: A classic tote in the softest pebbled leather that you’ll have for years to come. Cuyana’s motto is “fewer better things” and you can definitely see the quality and care they put into their items. I’ve been a fan of Cuyana for many years and this tote was the first item I purchased from them. It’s still going strong to this day!
Saint Laurent: A designer option in a variety of colors. I love that the branding is subtle, you won’t feel flashy when wearing to work.
Happy Holidays Dolls! I’m always very excited about this time of year because it generally means I get to spend time with my full family, as my brother flies in from Ireland. The time we spend together is so precious, as we pass the days eating, drinking, and cracking jokes. Oh and shopping! We do our fair share ;).
With Nigell and Roble flying in from Ireland, my dad, and Jason- I’ve got a lot of stylish men in my family to get gifts for. My family does this funny thing where every year we say “no gifts” but then inevitably everyone buys a gift! While the presents aren’t the priority, it’s definitely nice to buy a treat for your loved-ones every now and then…especially if you don’t see each other that often. So if you’re like me and looking for gifts for the special guys in your life, then look no further!
1. J. Crew Cotton-Cashmere Sweater. Disclaimer: This list has a number of monogrammed goodies, beginning with this cotton-cashmere sweater from J.Crew. I love a monogram! I think it always special to have something personalized for you. J.Crew sweaters are a great and practical gift this season. Take the gift over the top by adding your man’s initials.
2. WANT Les Essentiels Backpack. Men need bags even if they don’t want to admit it. It’s nice to have a small bag to put a laptop and some essentials for work, or it’s great to have a bag this size for a “personal item” when traveling. I can imagine Jason putting his snacks, his Bose headphones, an extra shirt, or his favorite small toiletries to freshen up when we’re traveling. I love this WANT Les Essentiels backpack because it’s a great size that doesn’t seem like a high schooler would wear it, but also won’t make a man feeling like he’s carrying a purse. I also love the navy color (it seems less utilitarian than black), the luxe leather details, and minimal gold branding.
3. Mr. Porter Grooming Kit. Speaking of small toiletries for your guy to pack, I’m OBSESSED with this Mr. Porter grooming kit. It comes with 12 perfectly sized products for him to try multiple items and see what he likes best. Some of the luxury products include Oribe shampoo, Malin + Goetz shaving cream, and Penhaligon deodorant. For less than $100 this is a steal. And look at that packaging… go on, get this…your guy will love you for it!
4. CaseApp Custom iPhone Case. With the launch of the iPhone 7 this year, a custom phone case is a great gift! Or maybe he doesn’t have a new phone, so a new case would give it a fresh look! With CaseApp you can build a cool new case from pre-designed styles, OR completely design your own case from scratch with their online tool! Go personal with your guys initials, a logo, or a style that means something special to him. I just ordered a couple of my own to give my phone a fresh look. So check back to the blog to see how they turned out! **Psst… want to save 20% on this gift? use Coupon Code: PAPERDOLLXMAS20 at checkout, and you’re in. Consider it an early gift from me to you!**
5. Mark And Graham Monogrammed Linen Handkerchief. My father-in-law once told Jason that a gentlemen should always have a handkerchief on him, because you never know when you’re going to need one! And I have to say…they are handy to have. Jason loves having personalized handkerchiefs with his initials, which are a great and practical (also inexpensive) gift.
6. Common Projects Sneakers. For the uber stylish guy in your life who loves his shoes…chances are he has his eye on a pair of a Common Projects. The simple, luxury sneaker has become all the rage in the past year or so, coming in a range of colors from classic black to the palest of pink. My favorites? The navy leather and the almond-colored suede (seen above). I got these for Jason for our anniversary and he loves them! Your guy will too!
7. Shinola Hard Linen Monogrammed Journal. Last but not least is a good ole notebook. Shinola has a great range of sizes and colors that are also able to be personalized. It’s a great and practical gift to get your guy a fresh notebook to start the new year in style at work. I love the linen texture and variety of colors including red, sky blue, and hunter green. As a matter of fact, I want one for myself!
Speaking of gifts I want… Ladies, you’re not forgotten. Your gift guide will be up next week! Happy holidays y’all!