Despite being not than long since the holiday, I feel like my gimme’s are strong in the month of January. Maybe it’s the new items for the new year, a desire for a fresh closet, or looking forward to Valentine’s Day! Here are some of the things that made my list for 2018 thus far!
1. I wore this in my recent Winter White and it’s the brightest, creamy shade of white that you can wear season after season. Plus, did you see the black collar? So Chic!
2. I just got my very own Quip recently, and I’m quite obsessed. Between the chic branding and the simple, yet uber functional design, it’s a winner. Plus, it feels like a luxurious improvement to daily life, but one that won’t break the bank.
3. Silky and sexy pajamas that will make bedtime feel like a luxe experience.
4. One of my favorite brands! Recently, I’ve been gifted a wider variety of products that I’ve had the pleasure to enjoy and I’m an absolute convert! My most recent find is the grapefruit face wash and lotion which smells and feels mild, but nourishing at the same time.
5. The daintiest gold ring to layer in with other sparkly pieces.
6. For those who loved the shape of the box bag in my recent post, but don’t want to break the bank! Can you believe this is less than $30! Wild!
As a previous New Yorker, black is definitely the go-to in my wadrobe, but since I’m back down South, I’ve loved experimenting with color more. However, one my favorite looks has got to be the absence of color… I’m talking all white. Winter white to be exact! Last year, I shared one of my favorite winter outfits – and this year I’m sharing a new take on the monochromatic look!
Instead of simply throwing on a sweater, this year I opted for a tissue turtleneck (so soft and comfy) and a winter white blazer! People may think a white or cream blazer is hard to pull off, but I almost love it more than a black blazer. It’s still easy to pair, not over the top, BUT you stand out! It looks fresh, and believe me…it’s unique and classic at the same time.
While I have a cream blazer I love, this double-breasted one from Veronica Beard brings the glam! I love the gold buttons (they almost look like Balmain) and the black detailing on the collar is such a nice touch! Of course, I love to be business on top and rock and roll below, so I paired my look with my go-to distressed jeans from TopShop. These jeans run about $80 and they’ve lasted me season after season (as you can see from last year’s post).
So what do you dolls think? Would you rock all white this season?
This week I’m highlighting some lust-worthy picks inspired by my best friend, Rachel. These pieces are a little of her, a little of me – but all the way fabulous!
1. Golden Mink Eye Shadow Quad: Tom Ford. So I’ve seen two people (with very different skin tones) wearing this eye-shadow and it literally looks good on everyone. The warm tones and touch of sparkle aren’t your everyday nude – but they aren’t over the top either. When I was in New York I sneakily used the palette after digging through Rachel’s makeup bag – and fell in love. Hook a sista up, Rach!
2. Liri Pearl Blush Choker: Lionette by Noa Sade. Full disclosure – I already bought this choker! I had a pretty big client meeting last week, for which I had to fly up to New York. Since it was my first time back in the city since we moved, I wanted to go back to my old stomping grounds with a new outfit. I kept it conservative… but of course, fashionable! I still wanted to feel youthful and like myself. Funny enough – my mom actually picked out this choker! The blush stones bring a girly touch to an edgier piece of jewelry, and the pearl is the sweetest touch. Plus it’s on sale (link below)!
3. Ruched Shirt Dress: Veronica Beard. This dress brings sex appeal to an otherwise conservative silhouette. I love the neckline, the button details and the figure-hugging fit. Rachel tried it on in white and it was absolutely stunning. The white is the crisp kind of dress you can wear to work and then out for rooftop cocktails and not look out of place! The black is so chic and would be great even later in the year, layered under a chunky cardigan or leather jacket. Can I have it in both black and white please?!
4. Mitzah Twilly: Dior. Earlier this year, I wrote a post on top “neckerchiefs,” but now I’ve got one more to add to the list! On a recent shopping trip to Dior – Rach got this pretty twilly that she wears around her neck. It’s the perfect size and less bulky than a full-fledged scarf. Since then, I’ve had my eye on the monogrammed collection! I love that each letter has a distinct style – and it just so happens that the “O” is my favorite! While Rachel mostly wears hers around her neck, I see myself wrapping the handle of my favorite handbag.
5. The Noir 29 Shower Gel: Le Labo. Again with my stealing Rachel’s cosmetics and fragrances. It’s not my fault she’s a beauty guru! When staying at her place I used this shower gel by Le Labo and the scent was absolutely intoxicating!! It’s a little pricey, but I think I’m going to spring for it to use on nights when I want a more luxurious shower experience!
6. Coco Knotted Velvet Slide Sandal: Loeffler Randall. Words can’t express how much I love these shoes! I bought them in the prettiest shade of marigold yellow, but they’re SO COMFORTABLE and look good with everything – that now I want them in watermelon. Am I being greedy? How does that saying go, “If the shoe fits, buy them in every color!”
And there you have it…this week’s round-up. Let me know your favorite pick in the comments below!