Logo-mania is here! Brands are plastering their logos across our favorite fashion pieces. From shoes to apparel, and let’s not forget accessories, brand names are all the rage! Want to join in on the trend – here are some of my top picks to incorporate logos into your wardrobe in a tasteful way.
A new year means some new products in my beauty arsenal. While some things have been added, some products I use have been the same for years. What can I say… I have my favorites! I’m sure many people would agree that there are some products that stand the test of time and are staples, but there’s always room to explore and find new ones! While I by no means consider myself a beauty expert (I’m always learning new tips and tricks), I think I’ve gotten pretty good at my beauty routine over the years. I’d love to share with you what I use and some of the new products that I’ve tried recently.
I start my makeup routine by using a liquid foundation. My go-to for years has been MAC’s Matchmaster, but recently I’ve started using Urban Decay’s All Nighter Foundation! I love a matte finish that doesn’t look dry or ashy, and I love the wide range of shades that is offered, as my skin’s pigment can fluctuate between seasons. Shout out to Northeastern Winters and Florida Summers! As a splurge, my other favorite foundation is Armani Luminous Silk.
Ok, now that my foundation is set, I move to eyes. I tend to love a neutral eye with smoky corners, so I love the Naked palette, like so many others. You really can’t go wrong. Sometimes I also layer Mac’s “Expensive Pink” over a neutral shade to give a shimmery a bronzy color. On my skin the pink is more copper, so I really love it. As a splurge, I use the Tom Ford “Cognac Sable” and “Golden Mink” palettes. They have the perfect combination of matte and shimmer so you can customize your look. While I use the brush in the Naked palette, I tend to dab on the Tom Ford pigment. I find it’s more intense and lasts longer. I finish my eyes with a MAC Pro Longwear Black Eyeliner and Benefit’s “Yes They’re Real” Mascara!
As a tip, I like to do my eyes before I apply blush in case some of the powder or mascara finds its way to my cheeks. It’s easier to clean up/perfect in this order! When my eyes are complete, I dab some pink on my cheeks. I alternate pretty randomly between MAC’s “Dollymix” (I apply with a brush), the NARS “Orgasm” Liquid Blush (liquid is my fav in this color) and Tom Ford’s Cream Cheek Color (I use Pink Sand or Paradiso) which has a bit of shimmer.
The “Finishing Touch” includes some strobing (applying highlighter) to my upper cheekbones, down the bridge of my nose, and at the top of my eyebrow arch to add a glowy look. When I want my look to last EXTRA long, I finish my look with Urban Decay’s All Nighter Setting Spray. Just a couple light spritzes makes my look last from morning to evening!
I hope you guys liked hearing about my routine and if you have any questions on the products feel free to reach out! AND if you have any products you think I’d like, please send them my way!
1. Jo Malone – I’m a huge fan of Jo Malone products, and this one is no exception. I use the hand wash and lotion, found a new Summer fragrance (Basil & Neroli) – but this one in particular is something special. It smells a little dark and sexy, but still fresh, floral and sweet at the same time. It’s not your average rose scent and I definitely recommend giving it a smell!
2. Tom Ford – So Rachel and Alexa actually gifted this to me and I can’t praise this lotion enough. It literally feels like wrapping your hands in silk. Plus, the scent is so intoxicating and potent it’s a fragrance that last which I haven’t found in any other lotion.
3. Amore Pacific – My favorite facial cleanser! It removes makeup flawlessly, helps keep my skin tone even and the scent is the absolute best I’ve ever seen in a facial product. I use the cleanser, toner, moisturizer, and eye cream. It’s just about time to re-up soon!
4. Oribe – This is what I use to keep my locks so long and healthy! While Oribe has many different lines, I used “Gold Lust” which has restorative properties. It keeps my hair strong even though I’m always, drying, straightening, curling, and inflicting all sorts of damage upon it! I also love the way it lathers and smells.
5. Malin & Goetz – While I recently gifted this soap set, I’ve been a fan of Malin & Goetz for quite some time. I’m also really into this bar soap phase right now. Somehow I like the tangible quality of holding the bar in my hand, rather than my usual gel on loofa situation. Malin’s soaps smell divine, and I think this set is the cutest gift idea!
6. Tom Ford – Another recent purchase, Tom Ford’s eyeliner is one where I cant imagine life before it. The pencil sharpens so smoothly and just glides over my eyelids. I also love the colors – I’m really into “midnight” navy versus my everyday black. This is a beauty buy I can’t live without!