I’d like to think that my style is a nice mix of high-end and affordable fashion. I don’t mind investing in great classic pieces that might be on the pricier side (ex. A designer bag or a tailored blazer), but I also love a great deal! And as warmer weather is here, I’ve gone on a little bit of a sundress spree! I don’t think that a nice Summer dress is something that you have to spend a mini fortune on. And I’m glad that Target also agrees! Lately, they’ve been stepping up their fashion game and putting out pieces that the most stylish of fashion girls can’t resist.
This Summer, I picked up an army-green midi dress with buttons running down the front. The fabric is thin (but doesn’t feel cheap) and perfect for hot Summer days. For my look, I threw on a collared shirt to catch the breeze and my favorite straw boater hat.
I feel like I’m constantly in search of a travel outfit that’s equal parts comfortable, equal parts put-together. For my recent trip to Savannah, I looked no further than the affordable, but stylish J.Crew. They have the most gorgeous wide-leg trousers made in a flowing and wrinkle-resistant fabric. I wore them for 4 hours in the car and stepped out looking vacation-ready, not wrinkled! I opted for a navy pair and originally wanted to wear a monochromatic look. However, when I saw the sunshine, I opted for a brighter color palette. One of my favorite color combinations happens to be red and pink, and J.Crew had the same in mind.
While both my pants and top are J.Crew, my accessories are from two other favorites – Mark & Graham and Anthropologie. I kept both my sunglasses and bag coordinated with pops of red, then topped of my look with my favorite Eric Javits hat! Here’s hoping more sunshine and vacation-ready looks are in my near future!
Can you believe the holidays are upon us already?! Don’t get me wrong…I love this time of year. The sights, the sounds, the scents, quality time with family and friends…what’s not to love!! Oh and did I forget to mention the shopping?
Although I don’t love battling crowds, I do enjoy the holiday fashion and picking out the perfect presents for my loved ones…including myself. While I do plan on doing a more holistic holiday gift guide, consider this my pre-holiday lust list to get you in the mood!
1. J.Crew Wool-Cashmere Topcoat – Brrrrr…it’s cold people! Fall/Winter finally decided to show up! It’s time to break out the heavier coats and bundle up in style. I just got a long double-breasted coat (see here!) and I love this menswear-inspired one from J.Crew in silvery grey. The longer silhouette is so flattering and will keep you both bundled and chic.
2. J.Crew Satin Ankle Strap Flats – Speaking of J.Crew, they’re making a double-feature on this week’s list. I’m totally a heels girl, and I usually love strutting myself in pair of sky high pumps. But sometimes you are just feeling a pair of classy flats. These are just that! Take a break from the heels and slip on these satin jeweled flats that are dressy enough for your holiday party, but comfy enough to actually stand/dance in! (P.S. I got similar satin flats from J.Crew that I love- you can see them here).
3. Target Cashmere Beanie – Time to break out that beanie baby! My ears often hurt when walking to work in the blistering cold. A beanie is a cute and functional way to keep you warm, and can add some color to your outfit! I love this red cashmere one that’s a steal from Target! Definitely a must-have!
4. Club Monaco Weronika Sweater – Sweater season is upon us, and I’m always looking for the perfect combination of cozy and cute. When my friend Kelley wore this cream Club Monaco beauty to the office, I knew she hit the sweater jackpot. I love the chunky knit, perfect winter white shade, and chiffon ribbon detailing on the sleeves.
5. stila Liquid Lipstick – I’ve professed my love for stila liquid lipsticks before (see here), but this one has to be my favorite. The creamy texture glides on easy and dries to a rich matte pout that lasts for hours. “Beso” is my favorite true-red lip shade that is the perfect holiday red for a classic and festive makeup look.
6. Christian Louboutin So Kate Metallic Leather Pumps – Here are those sky-high heels I mentioned! I always love a good metallic shoe, and these would be amazing for any holiday look! Plus, they’re cool and simple enough that you can wear these well past the holiday season to add a bit of glam and shine.
7. Ted Baker Timu Embellished Collared Dress – Can you really ever have enough LBD’s? I love this one from Ted Baker because of the simplicity and white collar and cuffs. However, it still brings a little something extra to the table with its addition of sparkly embellishments on the collar for a touch of sparkle.
What’s your favorite on the list? Let me know in the comments below! I hope everyone has a safe and wonderful holiday this week!