Have you guys seen the movie Call Me By Your Name? It was hands down my favorite movie that I saw all year! The incredible performances, the emotional moments, and don’t get me started on the scenery! I feel like the setting was an unspoken character that really brought the movie to life. It made me yearn for a trip back to Italy!
Well, Italy isn’t on the horizon this year, but a trip back to Florida was. And while it’s no Italian countryside – the property where my parents live is quite stunning! It’s filled with Mediterranean influences and lush greenery. It might not have been call me by your name, but I threw on a sundress and hat and made it my own!
My easy breezy sundress from Nordstrom Rack was quite the find (less than $30), but unfortunately its sold out now. But don’t worry… I liked more options for you guys below. Enjoy!
Midi Dresses are really my favorite length! They always look ladylike and flattering no matter the occasion. Most recently I wore a more dressed-up white frock for Easter, but I also love a more casual take.
I have a black Reformation midi dress that I wore more often than I’d like to admit. It’s easy and breezy, can be a layering piece in the cooler months, or worn with sandals in Spring/Summer. I often throw it on with my golden goose sneakers, Gucci loafers, or a black pump for work. Because it’s become part of my work style rotation, I’ve really been yearning for a casual midi dress that is more fun for the weekends. Then, I found this flattering number from Free People!
First it’s black, so it’s slimming and chic. Second, the gauzy material makes it breathable and more appropriate for the Georgia heat. I love the details like the sexy plunging neck, button-up front, and ties around the arms. It quite honestly might be the perfect Summer midi! It comes in more than one color, so if black isn’t your style – there are other amazing options. I love the cream, tangerine, and the blue!
I definitely think this is a classic dress that I’ll have in my wardrobe season after season. I wore it this past weekend running errands around Buckhead and threw on some springy accessories to finish the look. Most notable is my Apolis market tote! This bag is one of my favorite items that I’ve gotten as of late. It’s fully customizable (I got “Brown Paper Doll”) ethically made, and incredible high quality – think waterproof and leather handles. I’ll be carrying this tote around while I run errands, pack for weekend trips, and maybe even pack a picnic or two! If you see the Brown Paper Doll bag around town, make sure to say hello!
Velvet. Velvet. Velvet…. The trend of the season!
We all know I love shoes, so I’d be remiss if I didn’t write a post showcasing the hottest footwear in Fall’s most luxe fabric.
Sandals, booties, and fresh kicks – I’ve got them all. Below you’ll find my favorite velvet picks to up your shoe game!
1. Club Monaco Zadie Bootie– A luxe midnight navy bootie – These are chic enough to wear with dresses and tights, or throw them on for a stylish day at work with a simple pair of dark jeans. I love the simplicity of the boot shape, and the sapphire shade that will make you want to give you classic black boots a rest.
2. Prada Platform Sandal– A vampy bordeaux sandal with a platform that will make your legs look miles long. I think every holiday party deserves these retro-inspired babies.
3. Steve Madden Bertie-V Platform Sneaker– Want a more sporty take on the velvet trend? I’ve got you! Incorporate these rich sneakers with satin laces (ballet class, anyone?) into your wardrobe with ease. I find the color a little bit unexpected, and I love that it really shows off the fabrics. Sometimes with dark colors, it’s hard to see the velvety texture. No such issue with these! I also love the platform sole… I’m sold.
4. Joie Nabile Platform Sandal– I love a good taupe shoe. It’s kinda brown…it’s kinda grey…it’s kinda green. The ambiguity of the shade allows it to go with so much! Again, the color is a little on the unexpected side and can really elevate an outfit. I love the knot detail and ankle strap. Uber sexy to wear with jeans rolled up at the ankle, or with a flirty skirt.
5. Alexandre Birman Clarita d’Orsay Sandal– My personal favorite of the bunch. This classic silhouette by Alexandre Birman gets re-worked for the Fall season in a plush navy velvet. The combination of the designer’s signature bow and ankle tie is both sweet AND sexy at once. These are a more delicate approach than the other heels on this list, and would be perfect for every holiday party!
6. Jimmy Choo Mavy Peep-Toe Lace-Up Bootie– These booties are a little bit rock and roll, and I LOVE them. With the lace-up front and peep toe, they can be dressed up or down. These are just a little more unique than your average black boot!
What do y’all think? Have you hopped on the velvet trend this season?