Velvet. Velvet. Velvet…. The trend of the season!
We all know I love shoes, so I’d be remiss if I didn’t write a post showcasing the hottest footwear in Fall’s most luxe fabric.
Sandals, booties, and fresh kicks – I’ve got them all. Below you’ll find my favorite velvet picks to up your shoe game!
1. Club Monaco Zadie Bootie– A luxe midnight navy bootie – These are chic enough to wear with dresses and tights, or throw them on for a stylish day at work with a simple pair of dark jeans. I love the simplicity of the boot shape, and the sapphire shade that will make you want to give you classic black boots a rest.
2. Prada Platform Sandal– A vampy bordeaux sandal with a platform that will make your legs look miles long. I think every holiday party deserves these retro-inspired babies.
3. Steve Madden Bertie-V Platform Sneaker– Want a more sporty take on the velvet trend? I’ve got you! Incorporate these rich sneakers with satin laces (ballet class, anyone?) into your wardrobe with ease. I find the color a little bit unexpected, and I love that it really shows off the fabrics. Sometimes with dark colors, it’s hard to see the velvety texture. No such issue with these! I also love the platform sole… I’m sold.
4. Joie Nabile Platform Sandal– I love a good taupe shoe. It’s kinda brown…it’s kinda grey…it’s kinda green. The ambiguity of the shade allows it to go with so much! Again, the color is a little on the unexpected side and can really elevate an outfit. I love the knot detail and ankle strap. Uber sexy to wear with jeans rolled up at the ankle, or with a flirty skirt.
5. Alexandre Birman Clarita d’Orsay Sandal– My personal favorite of the bunch. This classic silhouette by Alexandre Birman gets re-worked for the Fall season in a plush navy velvet. The combination of the designer’s signature bow and ankle tie is both sweet AND sexy at once. These are a more delicate approach than the other heels on this list, and would be perfect for every holiday party!
6. Jimmy Choo Mavy Peep-Toe Lace-Up Bootie– These booties are a little bit rock and roll, and I LOVE them. With the lace-up front and peep toe, they can be dressed up or down. These are just a little more unique than your average black boot!
What do y’all think? Have you hopped on the velvet trend this season?
1. Steve Madden. Strappy and suede. Two of my favorite shoe adjectives!
2. Steve Madden. Navy is one of my favorite colors to wear, so I love the idea of a simple heel in the neutral blue.
3. Stuart Weitzman. I actually have these sandals in bronze and I have to remind myself not to wear them every single day. They’re so comfortable and adorable with short and flirty dresses.
4. J.Crew. A less aggressive gladiator if you’re not into the full knee-high sandal. I love the studs along the bottom!
5. Zara. Simple yet sexy with a hint of metallic.
6. Sigerson Morrison. I love the rich caramel, brown color of these strappy flats. These are next on my must-have list!
7. Valentino. I adore my Valentino “Rockstuds”, so I imagine these sandals to be similarly glamorous and comfortable. Again, I love the color of the leather and feel like these would we gorgeous with all of the white in my summer wardrobe.