During the Summer, I feel like dresses can get most of the attention. But that’s not fair – cute tops deserve some love too. A great blouse can be the perfect addition to a summer wardrobe! I especially love wearing off-the-shoulder or asymmetrical tops with blue or white denim for evenings out on the town. When I saw this stunner by Self-Portrait, I felt like it was a great update to one of my favorite tops from last year.
With a pretty print, asymmetrical cut and flirty ruffles – this top has an uber-feminine feel that makes it fresh for Summer. For my look, I paired the top with my Spanx cropped jeans, white summer sandals, and the Céline accessories.
I’m not sure if you guys saw my Instagram stories from a couple weeks ago, but I happened to wear one of my favorite tops to a Soho House event in Atlanta.
Who else wore that same top in recent weeks? Why Queen B of course! While I’ll never look quite as good as Beyoncé at any given moment, it was nice to know that the queen and i had similar thoughts on this gorgeous Self Portrait top.
First, polka dots are back in! I love color combinations like red/white, and navy/cream. Second, the structural details of this top are really what make it special. The dramatic shoulders, soft ruffles, the severe neckline, and of course the ladylike buttons down the arm – this satin stunner is too pretty and luxe to resist. Lastly, I love the hidden corset details underneath that keep the top in place and give it an extra bit of old-world shape and charm.
I paired my (and B’s!) Spring top of choice with black ripped jeans and a simple, strappy sandal. I accessorized my look with bold gold earrings and an even bolder lip to bring the pop of red in the top to life.
What do you dolls think? Beyoncé is a fan…are you?
So Spring is on my mind. Off the shoulder tops, pastels, and a whole lot of dresses! I’ve got some fun events coming up: Alexa’s bachelorette, a weekend in NYC, and influencer events around town. I think it’s the perfect time for me to re-up on some flirty dresses to kick the season into gear. Below are my top dresses for Spring that I can’t get out of my head. Enjoy!
1. Ok so this technically isn’t a dress; it’s a jumpsuit. But this is my blog and I make the rules! We all know I’m obsessed with a jumpsuit (see recent ones here and here), but this fiery number will make you look like the dancing girl emoji that got a cool closet makeover. Wear this to a Saturday fiesta with a margarita in-hand!
2. The shape of this dress is so sexy, and I love the unexpected color! You’d imagine this to be red, black, or even white, but the pale lilac makes it so irresistible. Wear this to dinner with your girlfriends and then hit the dance floor!
3. Star prints have always been a favorite of mind, and this dress is no exception. The creamy color of the silk mixed with the rock and roll flare of the hem and sleeves makes this dress edgy, yet whimsical at the same time. Plus with the empire waist, it’s super flattering for all body types! Wear this to date night underneath a leather jacket!
4. A more structured dress than the others on the list – this one packs quite the girly punch. Between the hot pink color and the bows along the side slit, it’s feminine without being too sweet. Wear this dress to a cocktail party!
5. A quintessential Spring dress than can be worn with some yellow mules (I have these in mind) or a strappy nude sandal. You’ll look like the embodiment of Spring in this flattering and romantic dress. Wear this to a garden party or your friend’s baby shower!