Let’s talk about evening bags. In the past year, I’ve been to a couple of black tie events where I noticed ladies do not have the appropriate bag. Just because a bag is small, does not mean it is formal! I saw day-time crossbodies with gowns, and purses that are perfect for brunch…but maybe not your best friend’s wedding. Never fear…I’ve rounded up some of my favorite picks that ARE appropriate for your next fancy event!
1. Sole Society – Sometimes a simple black look needs a pop of color. Plus, rainbow bags are totally in!
2. Lele Sadoughi – Pretty in pearl, this Lele Sadoughi can be worn over the shoulder or as a clutch!
3. Gucci – A more casual-looking clutch, the gorgeous color of the leather, combined with Gucci’s signature G’s would be gorgeous with a dressy jumpsuit or retro-inspired look.
4. Edie Parker – We can’t have an evening bag roundup without including the queen Edie Parker. Her bags are usually pretty pricey, so this one is a steal! I also love bags with fun sayings, like this one! OR, if you want to splurge get one custom made on her website.
5. Saint Laurent – I love a great metallic evening bag because there is so much flexibility for outfits. This Saint Laurent can be worn time and time again no matter the color of your look!
6. Gucci – A satin Gucci shoulder bag that’s equally appropriate to swear with a cocktail dress, as it is to wear with a collared shirt and jeans. I also love the clutch version in velvet.
Logo-mania is here! Brands are plastering their logos across our favorite fashion pieces. From shoes to apparel, and let’s not forget accessories, brand names are all the rage! Want to join in on the trend – here are some of my top picks to incorporate logos into your wardrobe in a tasteful way.
Fashion seems like it should always be fun. It’s an expression of ourselves, right? Well, there are times when we need it to be equally functional. Case in point…the perfect work bag! I pride myself on having a couple nice work bags, and co-workers are always asking for suggestions. They want something stylish, simple, and functional (pockets, a strap, easy to travel, etc). Well, I wanted to share my current work bag of late and a couple other staples that I think fit the bill. So put away that free canvas tote you got as a promotional gift, and upgrade to one of these beauties!
My bag: The stripe adds a bit of fashionable fun, but the color palette is still classic enough for work. The strap is a thoughtful detail for slinging it over your shoulder on heavy-load days!
(Also like this one)
Want Les Essentiels: Another understated yet luxurious tote that’s equally as durable as it is stylish. I ‘m partial to the camel canvas, but it also comes in black and other fabrics/leather. It’s unisex (my husband has one) and doesn’t feel like a purse, which I love! Sometimes I like taking a separate/smaller purse to work (perhaps for happy hour) and I don’t want to feel like I’m carrying two handbags.
Cuyana: A classic tote in the softest pebbled leather that you’ll have for years to come. Cuyana’s motto is “fewer better things” and you can definitely see the quality and care they put into their items. I’ve been a fan of Cuyana for many years and this tote was the first item I purchased from them. It’s still going strong to this day!
Saint Laurent: A designer option in a variety of colors. I love that the branding is subtle, you won’t feel flashy when wearing to work.