Did you ever have a favorite color combination as a child? Like many little girls, mine was pink and purple! I don’t think I’ve paired those colors together since childhood, but our recent trip to Savannah was an exception. For a night out with friends, we planned an upscale Southern dinner followed by cocktails. I wanted an outfit that was appropriate for our evening activities, but also unfussy. Enter this long-sleeved Tibi shift dress. The jewel-toned mini dress was easy to throw on, but undeniable luxe with the plissé fabric (that pleated/crinkled look), long sleeves and rich color. To finish my look, I paired candy-colored satin pumps that 8-year old me would have absolutely loved. Who knew 29 year old me would agree!
Let’s talk about evening bags. In the past year, I’ve been to a couple of black tie events where I noticed ladies do not have the appropriate bag. Just because a bag is small, does not mean it is formal! I saw day-time crossbodies with gowns, and purses that are perfect for brunch…but maybe not your best friend’s wedding. Never fear…I’ve rounded up some of my favorite picks that ARE appropriate for your next fancy event!
1. Sole Society – Sometimes a simple black look needs a pop of color. Plus, rainbow bags are totally in!
2. Lele Sadoughi – Pretty in pearl, this Lele Sadoughi can be worn over the shoulder or as a clutch!
3. Gucci – A more casual-looking clutch, the gorgeous color of the leather, combined with Gucci’s signature G’s would be gorgeous with a dressy jumpsuit or retro-inspired look.
4. Edie Parker – We can’t have an evening bag roundup without including the queen Edie Parker. Her bags are usually pretty pricey, so this one is a steal! I also love bags with fun sayings, like this one! OR, if you want to splurge get one custom made on her website.
5. Saint Laurent – I love a great metallic evening bag because there is so much flexibility for outfits. This Saint Laurent can be worn time and time again no matter the color of your look!
6. Gucci – A satin Gucci shoulder bag that’s equally appropriate to swear with a cocktail dress, as it is to wear with a collared shirt and jeans. I also love the clutch version in velvet.
Logo-mania is here! Brands are plastering their logos across our favorite fashion pieces. From shoes to apparel, and let’s not forget accessories, brand names are all the rage! Want to join in on the trend – here are some of my top picks to incorporate logos into your wardrobe in a tasteful way.