Most of the time in my line of work, I’m not really “client ready.” My uniform is pretty much ripped jeans, Manolos, and a leather jacket. So recently, I decided to get a look that I felt was appropriate for big meetings, but still had some of my personality.
On a recent trip to Greenwich, CT, Rachel and I stopped into the Rag & Bone and they were having an amazing sale! I picked up these pants, and my new favorite blouse in a window-pane check pattern and luxe silk fabric.
It can sometimes pull when put under a heavy jacket (so I have to be careful), but I think it’s both cute and very client appropriate – especially when under a blazer. The best part? I’ve worn both pieces in more casual ways…the top with my go-to ripped jeans and heels, and the pants with a tight black top and leather jacket. I think it’s always a great idea to have versatile pieces that can be mixed and matched for many occasions. These new Rag & Bone items are certainly that for me, plus the sale made them a no-brainer!
It’s a New Year, so time for a new lust list! To be totally honest, it took me a while to come up with a number of lust-worthy items this week. I guess I’m still in bliss after getting goodies over the holidays. But in true me fashion, I found some things I wouldn’t mind having… ok, I’m totally lusting. So here you have it ladies and gentlemen…the first lust list of 2017!
1. Chanel Brooch– Let’s start this year of with a bang, shall we? Coming in hot at #1 is this metallic and crystal Chanel brooch. I’m really intrigued by the idea of a brooch…especially in the Fall and Winter months. I see myself pinning it on layers such as a field jacket, or even on an overcoat (like this one!) I especially love this one from Chanel because it has just the right amount of glitz. Wear this to instantly accessorize any outfit with a ladylike touch.
2. Rag & Bone Arrow Print Sweater– I just think this wool sweater from Rag & Bone is so cool. With a unique arrow print, it combines my favorite winter-wear colors. Style this with black jeans and loafers, or metallic boots.
3. Gucci Leather Loafer Slides– Speaking of loafers…a comfy pair is always classic. And a pair of Gucci loafers with the horsebit detail, now that’s just chic. A modern take of Gucci’s iconic loafer, I love this slip-on pair in either black or rich brown. I know that the fur-lined version became very trendy recently, but I think this classic pair will never go out of style. Slip these on to elevate jeans and a t-shirt, or dress it up with a trendy midi dress.
4. Charlotte Tilbury Luminous Modern-Matte Lipstick– The hottest new lipstick on the market. I love Charlotte Tilbury’s “Matte Revolution” lipsticks. They come in the most gorgeous, buildable shades and the gold packaging is to die for. I really want every color!
5. Glossier Super Pure Facial Serum– The winter months can be brutal on your skin, so I try to put in some extra TLC when I can. Glossier (the cool girl’s beauty brand) can help you do just that with their super pack of serums. Dry skin? Dull skin? Problem skin? The super pack has just the serum for you. I want to give this a shot because I really like the message, branding, and overall ethos behind the brand. I can’t wait to give this variety pack of serums a shot!
6. ASOS Fishnet Ankle Socks– Last but not least…how cool are the fishnet socks? Don’t look to these to keep your toes warm, but instead add some cool dimension peaking out from booties, platform sneakers, and you guessed it…loafers!
On a perfectly cool and crisp morning, Jason and I decided to head out for a walk in Central Park before the weekend crowd usually hits. Admittedly, this is about as naturey as I’ll get if there’s not an ocean around – but the fresh air and autumn leaves were absolutely gorgeous. Even I had to give in to the splendor of nature on that morning.
We walked hand-in-hand, sipped lattes from our go-to coffee shop (shout-out to REX) and shared stories from the week. Despite sounding cliché, it was really nice to take a break from the noise and crowd of the city and just chill. Oh, speaking of chill… Did I mention that it has gotten really cold really fast. But I’m not complaining, the chilly weather gave me an excuse to get a new coat! My new black Rag & Bone beauty is a long and tailored peacoat with military-inspired shoulder epaulettes. I call it my Severus Snape coat… because I feel a tad bit dark and villainous in it. I also love that it feels a bit more masculine than my other coats.
For this morning’s stroll, I paired my coat with a simple long-sleeved Theory dress. Since it’s a bit on the short side, I layered it under my favorite shawl-collared, olive silk vest. To add some drama and polish, I finished my look with my AllLegs boots, two gold necklaces, and my Chanel boy bag. I love the autumnal feel of this olive and black pairing, and how each piece can be mixed and matched so easily. I feel like there are infinite possibilities with all of these favorites! I’ve already thrown my coat over so many Fall outfits and instantly feel put-together. Stay tuned on how I wear it next!