As a previous New Yorker, black is definitely the go-to in my wadrobe, but since I’m back down South, I’ve loved experimenting with color more. However, one my favorite looks has got to be the absence of color… I’m talking all white. Winter white to be exact! Last year, I shared one of my favorite winter outfits – and this year I’m sharing a new take on the monochromatic look!
Instead of simply throwing on a sweater, this year I opted for a tissue turtleneck (so soft and comfy) and a winter white blazer! People may think a white or cream blazer is hard to pull off, but I almost love it more than a black blazer. It’s still easy to pair, not over the top, BUT you stand out! It looks fresh, and believe me…it’s unique and classic at the same time.
While I have a cream blazer I love, this double-breasted one from Veronica Beard brings the glam! I love the gold buttons (they almost look like Balmain) and the black detailing on the collar is such a nice touch! Of course, I love to be business on top and rock and roll below, so I paired my look with my go-to distressed jeans from TopShop. These jeans run about $80 and they’ve lasted me season after season (as you can see from last year’s post).
So what do you dolls think? Would you rock all white this season?
I don’t know what it is about this time of year…but something in the air just makes me antsy to buy a new bag. Maybe it’s the treat yo self mentality of the holidays and my natural affection for handbags, but the winter months just do it to me! Last year I bought my caramel Saint Laurent beauty, and this year I splurged on my Cardinal Red Hava satchel from Proenza Schouler. So in honor of my case of the bag gimme’s, I thought I’d do a round-up of the most covetable bags of 2018 thus far. Cue the drooling!
1. A more unique take on the box bag trend, this Mark cross comes in a variety of colors to go with that new Spring wardrobe, and it’s totally insta-worthy! I think this bag is very of the moment, but classic at the same time. You’ll have it for years to come.
2. The shape of this bag is so unique that it’s become the “it-girl” bag that you can spot from a mile away. With it’s cute size and versatile handles, you can wear this bag from day to night. I also love the crackled metallic color of this particular style, as it will wear well over time!
3. I think the box bag trend is here to stay for a while. AND, did it ever really go out of style to begin with? The shape is so classic and I love this one with it’s modern metallic texture.
4. Speaking of a great deal, this bucket bag from Zara capitalizes on the great shape, but also adds special details with the metallic studs on the straps. A little bit girly, yet a little bit rock and roll!
5. A small crossbody is a staple to any wardrobe. I love this pick from Prada, because its monochrome logo makes it subtle and unique at the same time!
6. The mixture of colors and textures on this bag is just so rich. Well, the pricetag is pretty hefty, but you can tell the quality and design is what you would come to expect from a designer like Marni!
7. I’ve been pining over a crocodile bag, but obviously don’t want the corresponding pricetag. This beauty from Zara is the most gorgeous shade of green (that would also be beautiful with pastels in the Spring), and is only $22! Score! Ordering this one now!
This week I’m talking shades of gray…not 50, just 6. Navy and gray are my two favorite neutrals, so as the weather turns towards Fall, I thought I’d do a roundup of my top gray picks. Just be warned, the color might be icy, but these items are HOT!
1. Ok so this technically isn’t gray- but put black and white together and voila! Plus, this dress is just too beautiful to not be on a lust list. The sleek and sexy shape brings the sex appeal, while the bow adds a touch of whimsy to really make a statement at the next cocktail party or dinner on the town. And not to be one of those creeps that thinking about the holidays way too early, but I think this stunner would be amazing for holiday parties under a glam coat.
2. Nothing says Fall like a cozy sweater, and this one brings something special to the table. Again, not gray – but here’s the white to mix with #1’s black dress. I love the flirty off-the-shoulder silhouette of this pullover sweater! It brings the Summer’s trend into a new season without looking too overplayed or skimpy. Also, the slouchy fit and ribbed texture make it seem even cozier than it should with some skin showing. I love it and I’m going to try this on later in the week. Stay tuned to see if I actually get it or not – it’ll be on my Instagram Stories!
3. Here we go with the gray. I think it’s easy to go for black or tortoise glasses, and sometimes gray gets overlooked. Fun fact, my first pair of nice sunglasses was an icy pair of Roxy’s from the Quicksilver store. I thought the gray was so unique and cool. High five seven year old self…you were stylish even back then! These Gentle Monster frames over oversized and glam (I love the touch of gold) without being too over the top. Sigh, I wish I hadn’t lost those Roxy’s all those years ago.
4. This bag is a total fashion girl’s bag. Disclaimer, I haven’t seen it in person yet, so jury is out on if it looks like tin foil in real life. But based on the pictures, I can’t get it out of my head! I think this is so cool with a pair of jeans and the #2 sweater. It adds some flash to an outfit, but looks so expensive and high-end. Also, I think the size is really great for essentials and I love the structure. Might have to hunt this one down to see in person…if I do, it’ll be on my Instagram!
5. Speaking of jeans… These H&M beauties remind me of my L’Agence studded pair, but won’t break the bank. I like that these have a more broken-in boyfriend fit that will be really cool with the sweater and silver bag I’m obviously going to buy myself! But seriously, wear these with a slinky top for going out at night or with a slouchy sweater to jazz up your casual jean look for work. Also going to try these on this week!
6. These shoes make my heart stop they’re so beautiful. I love the juxtaposition of a more casual texture (the flannel) with the oversized jewel buckle. While I can appreciate the beauty and elegance of the Hangisi heel, the satin versions often seen were just too formal and Cinderella for me. In my fairytale, Cinderella would wear these heels with some ripped jeans and a houndstooth blazer to work. Ok, back to reality – but these shoes are the top of my must-have for Fall. Hint Hint Jason, our anniversary is coming up!