Jewel tones are some of the most flattering colors on the rainbow spectrum. In deep, rich hues, the colors instantly inspire feelings of sophistication and luxury. They obviously become more popular in the Fall, as the previous seasons’ brights and pastels fade away with the Summer sun. Adding jewel tones can be an easy way to transition your wardrobe into the cooler weather – either with an accessory, coat, or shoe. Another thing I love about jewel tones is that you often find them paired with sumptuous fabrics – think silk and velvet. Overall, the deeper saturated colors look great on everyone and will keep your wardrobe on-trend. See below for some of my favorite picks in the season’s hottest shades.
Have you ever fallen into a trend that you didn’t know was a trend? OR have you purchased something you just liked/thought was cool and all of a sudden it’s everywhere? Well this happened to me recently when I picked up my cream and black box bag at a second hand boutique in Dublin. I saw the small bag tucked in the very back of a glass case, and I thought the silhouette was interesting enough for me to add to my collection. Well, little did I know that box bags would be everywhere weeks later! I know the trend picked up steam earlier in the year, but I think that the box bag really makes a statement in the Fall season! The shapes, colors, and textures really pop against blazers, coats, and more structured silhouettes.
Don’t have a box bag yet? Don’t fret! I did a roundup of my favorite picks at a variety of price points!
Click the choices above and let me know which one is your favorite in the comments!
Velvet. Velvet. Velvet…. The trend of the season!
We all know I love shoes, so I’d be remiss if I didn’t write a post showcasing the hottest footwear in Fall’s most luxe fabric.
Sandals, booties, and fresh kicks – I’ve got them all. Below you’ll find my favorite velvet picks to up your shoe game!
1. Club Monaco Zadie Bootie– A luxe midnight navy bootie – These are chic enough to wear with dresses and tights, or throw them on for a stylish day at work with a simple pair of dark jeans. I love the simplicity of the boot shape, and the sapphire shade that will make you want to give you classic black boots a rest.
2. Prada Platform Sandal– A vampy bordeaux sandal with a platform that will make your legs look miles long. I think every holiday party deserves these retro-inspired babies.
3. Steve Madden Bertie-V Platform Sneaker– Want a more sporty take on the velvet trend? I’ve got you! Incorporate these rich sneakers with satin laces (ballet class, anyone?) into your wardrobe with ease. I find the color a little bit unexpected, and I love that it really shows off the fabrics. Sometimes with dark colors, it’s hard to see the velvety texture. No such issue with these! I also love the platform sole… I’m sold.
4. Joie Nabile Platform Sandal– I love a good taupe shoe. It’s kinda brown…it’s kinda grey…it’s kinda green. The ambiguity of the shade allows it to go with so much! Again, the color is a little on the unexpected side and can really elevate an outfit. I love the knot detail and ankle strap. Uber sexy to wear with jeans rolled up at the ankle, or with a flirty skirt.
5. Alexandre Birman Clarita d’Orsay Sandal– My personal favorite of the bunch. This classic silhouette by Alexandre Birman gets re-worked for the Fall season in a plush navy velvet. The combination of the designer’s signature bow and ankle tie is both sweet AND sexy at once. These are a more delicate approach than the other heels on this list, and would be perfect for every holiday party!
6. Jimmy Choo Mavy Peep-Toe Lace-Up Bootie– These booties are a little bit rock and roll, and I LOVE them. With the lace-up front and peep toe, they can be dressed up or down. These are just a little more unique than your average black boot!
What do y’all think? Have you hopped on the velvet trend this season?