Winter does not always mean dark colors or the traditional holiday hues. As you saw earlier this year, I like to add a pop of the unexpected to my wintery wardrobe. Well, I’m doing it again and bringing pink back in a very bright way!
A cozy turtleneck is my favorite thing to throw on during chilly days! Besides the apparent comfort of an oversized sweater, the turtleneck brings a sense of polish to an outfit. And this one from Zara is less than $50! I paired my bright new sweater with simple distressed jeans and a metallic pump. To style my look, I finished it with matching bright lipstick, courtesy of Nars and an equally colorful rainbow bag! Winter just a little bit brighter!
A new year means some new products in my beauty arsenal. While some things have been added, some products I use have been the same for years. What can I say… I have my favorites! I’m sure many people would agree that there are some products that stand the test of time and are staples, but there’s always room to explore and find new ones! While I by no means consider myself a beauty expert (I’m always learning new tips and tricks), I think I’ve gotten pretty good at my beauty routine over the years. I’d love to share with you what I use and some of the new products that I’ve tried recently.
I start my makeup routine by using a liquid foundation. My go-to for years has been MAC’s Matchmaster, but recently I’ve started using Urban Decay’s All Nighter Foundation! I love a matte finish that doesn’t look dry or ashy, and I love the wide range of shades that is offered, as my skin’s pigment can fluctuate between seasons. Shout out to Northeastern Winters and Florida Summers! As a splurge, my other favorite foundation is Armani Luminous Silk.
Ok, now that my foundation is set, I move to eyes. I tend to love a neutral eye with smoky corners, so I love the Naked palette, like so many others. You really can’t go wrong. Sometimes I also layer Mac’s “Expensive Pink” over a neutral shade to give a shimmery a bronzy color. On my skin the pink is more copper, so I really love it. As a splurge, I use the Tom Ford “Cognac Sable” and “Golden Mink” palettes. They have the perfect combination of matte and shimmer so you can customize your look. While I use the brush in the Naked palette, I tend to dab on the Tom Ford pigment. I find it’s more intense and lasts longer. I finish my eyes with a MAC Pro Longwear Black Eyeliner and Benefit’s “Yes They’re Real” Mascara!
As a tip, I like to do my eyes before I apply blush in case some of the powder or mascara finds its way to my cheeks. It’s easier to clean up/perfect in this order! When my eyes are complete, I dab some pink on my cheeks. I alternate pretty randomly between MAC’s “Dollymix” (I apply with a brush), the NARS “Orgasm” Liquid Blush (liquid is my fav in this color) and Tom Ford’s Cream Cheek Color (I use Pink Sand or Paradiso) which has a bit of shimmer.
The “Finishing Touch” includes some strobing (applying highlighter) to my upper cheekbones, down the bridge of my nose, and at the top of my eyebrow arch to add a glowy look. When I want my look to last EXTRA long, I finish my look with Urban Decay’s All Nighter Setting Spray. Just a couple light spritzes makes my look last from morning to evening!
I hope you guys liked hearing about my routine and if you have any questions on the products feel free to reach out! AND if you have any products you think I’d like, please send them my way!
1. Chanel. In person, these sunglasses are the coolest shade of blue that I think would translate well from season to season. Also, the trendy round shape is very in, but these are classic enough to stand the test of time even when trends change.
2. Apple. The new wave of iPhones has arrived! I’m personally getting one because my current phone screen is cracked, so it’s just time for me. However, with greater storage, an upgraded camera, and no headphone jack, the iPhone 7 is lust-worthy. Plus, I can’t wait to use it with Bose wireless headphones! What do you dolls think, are you trading up?
3. Topshop. One of my favorite things is to play with differing lengths and hemlines.I love the idea of a short dress or cropped pants with a longer coat layered on top. This pale blue duster is a gorgeous shade that will add dimension and polish to any Fall look.
4. Shopbop. I have an obsession with grey sweaters, and I love the feminine details on this Endless Rose number. It’s not your boyfriend’s sweater… it’s better!
5. Philip B. In the Fall I feel like I can get away with some more time in between hair washes. But to make sure my tresses don’t look greasy and my hair stays fresh, I like to use a dry shampoo. This one, by Philip B, is honestly the best I’ve ever tried. It doesn’t leave behind white reside, is paragon free, doesn’t feel sticky and has the most DIVINE scent. It’s a little bit pricier than the average, but I really can’t rave enough about it.
6. Nars. Time to transition to a darker lip shade for Fall. This NARS essential is next on my list with it’s moody berry shade and matte finish.
7. Zara. Chanel? Almost. These comfy and cute Zara cap-toe shoes are a great heel height. And yes, they look like Chanel and are just simply gorgeous. For less than $40, we all need these in our wardrobe.
8. Tibi. This Tibi dress give me serious Divergent vibes. I feel like it’s what a sexy Erudite leader would wear. Sorry, is my nerd showing? Anyway, the dress is so simple, but the cut and fit is flattering and unique. Plus…navy. Gimme.