If you guys follow along with me on Instagram (which I hope you do!) then you might have seen that I celebrated my 29th birthday recently! My idea of celebrating was taking my annual trip to the Hamptons to spend time with my best friends. This year was a little different not living in New York, so we spent a couple days in the city catching up with old co-workers, friends, and visiting some of our favorite New York restaurants. I have to be honest – it was the first time I passed our old home since we moved and it made me a little emotional. But, I’m happy to say that I feel lucky to still have a connection to the city and the ability to visit friends often.
One of the big differences from New York to Atlanta – summer in the city! While the heat down South is brutal, you often don’t feel it going from an air conditioned building straight to a car. That’s not the case in New York where you wander the streets and can really feel the heat (don’t even get me started on the subway).
On a morning where we strolled through the West Village and then headed to Soho House, I felt a short, white sundress was perfect for the occasion and the best way to beat the heat! I love the colorful and cute embroidered design, but what I really loved was the price! Can you believe this dress is less than $25? I finished my look with my go-to Summer hat and summery espadrilles that also happen to be on sale. Make sure to check the links below for details!
Floral dresses are something that I always wish I had more of when warm weather rolls around. But it can sometimes be difficult finding a silhouette that works and also a color scheme that isn’t too sweet.
This dress by Free People was the perfect combination of dusty rose florals and a deep v-neckline. I love the midi-length with a bit of volume, and don’t get me started on the low-cut back with smock and button details. I wore this dress on a windy day in the Hamptons before we strolled through town for some lunch and Aperol Spritzes. Another great think about this dress? It’s on sale! I finished my look with some nude espadrilles to keep the look summery. Although it’ perfect for this season, I can’t wait to transition this to Fall with a leather jacket!
This year was the year that I really beefed up my espadrille collection. I had a pair of flat Chanel ones, but I recently added a variety of styles to wardrobe! They’re the perfect summer shoe that go nicely with sundresses and crops alike. Plus, my favorites are so comfortable, I never want to take them off. Before Fall weather hits, here’s a roundup of my favorite espadrilles on the market! Slip them on and enjoy them while sundress season is still upon us.
1. A classic flat espadrille that seems dressier with the black and natural stripe. Wear these with white jeans and a flirty top for a comfortable day of sightseeing.
2. Metallics go with everything and these flat-forms are insanely comfortable. I have this pair and I love to wear them with white, denim, and everything my closet can throw at them!
3. Another pair that I personally own and can’t get enough of. The cream looks so rich and the cap-toe adds a little bit something extra to the design.
4. The combination of cognac leather and the rubber sole make these Chloe picks rich, but casual and a little bit sporty. Wear these with a floaty dress or cut-off shorts for a vacation-ready look!
5. The natural blush of these espadrilles is too pretty to resist. Plus, the heel is the perfect height that gives you some support, but doesn’t compromise on comfort. I can personally attest to that because I have this pair! Wear these with a floral dress out to brunch with your gal pals.
6. An extra high espadrille heel brings the sexy-factor to these summer favorites. Castaner is one of the most well-known espadrille brands and these babies don’t disappoint. Wear these with a strappy dress for a Summer evening out on the town.