Well, the weather has been crazy and unseasonably warm. But leave it to the universe to send a cold snap on the couple days that I went home to Florida! Well, I jumped on the opportunity to layer up with some of my favorite Winter pieces. You’ve seen this Rag & Bone coat before, but this year I’m updating my seasonal staples with some new accessories. While you can’t go wrong with a classic pair of black jeans (currently on sale for $12.53!) and a turtleneck, it’s my new beret and mules that I’m excited about. Cream shoes in Winter? Yes, believe it! These are my new favorite pair of shoes to slide on for both comfort and style. I particularly love to wear them with all black or chunky sweaters and jeans. And my latest beret? A mint green find from Goorin Bros. that matches my backdrop perfectly! I love wearing the mint with black, cream, camel and even mustard! I’m always excited about an unexpected color combination!
So my lust lists were created to document all the lovely things I’m coveting on a regular basis. However, sometimes they serve as great catalogs for trends that are truly of the moment. For instance, jewel tones during the fall, or the very covetable box bag.
Recently, one trend I can’t escape is PLAID! I love it! And don’t think it just for Christmas or winter – technically gingham is a plaid you know. Well, my personal favorite is a plaid coat or blazer, but lately I’ve been loving the idea of a breezy plaid maxi dress. Below is my favorite that I’m considering (now on sale) along with other perfectly picks.
1. Like I was saying…gingham is technically a plaid! I love this summery suit which would also be perfect to pack for a middle of winter getaway to a tropical locale. How cute are the precious ties in the middle! This suit manages to look vintage and modern at the same time!
2. A little plaid dress that gives off trench-coat vibes. I love that the slit and neckline up the sexy factor, but the length keeps it tasteful! Another plus? The pricetag! Can you believe it’s less than $50!
3. Because we aren’t out of the woods yet with cold weather, a warm and cozy plaid coat is such a statement. It’s still neutral but adds a bit of pizzaz to an otherwise simple outfit.
4. Talk about buying into a trend, but not breaking the bank! Plaid blazers are all the rage, and this one is perfect. I love that it looks more luxe than the price-tag and will go with so much in your wardrobe.
5. The cutest little plaid sneakers I’ve ever seen! I love that the colors don’t limit you to just Fall/Winter. Wear these in warmer months with jeans and a crisp white shirt and neckerchief.
6. The maxi dress I mentioned above! I can see myself wearing this with flat sandals on a summery day or throwing on a cardigan or even my leather jacket in the evening!
7. Plaid boots? Yes! How gorgeous are these? Wear them with an all black look for a retro vibe, or with ripped jeans and a cream or red sweater.
1. A.L.C. I love everything about this dress. The lady-like length (up the cool factor with booties and a leather jacket), the flattering fit-and-flare silhouette, the peekaboo detail at the hem, and of course – the color. Dress this up or down, this is a classic piece that won’t go out of style!
2. H&M. Bubblegum pink, an oversized shape and wide sleeves – what an amazing combination for this 70’s inspired sweater!
3. Prada. Speaking of the 70’s, what’s more glam than this pair of round sunglasses? I think they pay homage to the era with their dramatic shape, but are classic enough to stand the test of time in a way that doesn’t feel gimmicky.
4. Zara. I love my over-the-knee boots! And at this price, these velvet beauties are a great way to incorporate the velvet trend into your wardrobe in a showstopping way! I see these paired with a flirty short dress, or even over black jeans. The Aquazurra boots that look similar cost quite the pretty penny (almost $1000), so these are a steal that I have to have!
5. Dior. I’ve been really wanting to try a spray-on foundation and this one seems to be the most highly reviewed! Admirers of this product say it gives you a smooth, air-brushed finish. Stay tuned to see if I try this out for myself!
6. Madewell. Surprise! These gorgeous and super-70’s flares are on-sale at Madewell. I think these are the perfect pair of jeans for Fall! Pair them with a cropped or bell-sleeved sweater , or a velvet blazer to add polish to your retro look. Far out, right?!