I’m not sure if you guys saw my Instagram stories from a couple weeks ago, but I happened to wear one of my favorite tops to a Soho House event in Atlanta.
Who else wore that same top in recent weeks? Why Queen B of course! While I’ll never look quite as good as Beyoncé at any given moment, it was nice to know that the queen and i had similar thoughts on this gorgeous Self Portrait top.
First, polka dots are back in! I love color combinations like red/white, and navy/cream. Second, the structural details of this top are really what make it special. The dramatic shoulders, soft ruffles, the severe neckline, and of course the ladylike buttons down the arm – this satin stunner is too pretty and luxe to resist. Lastly, I love the hidden corset details underneath that keep the top in place and give it an extra bit of old-world shape and charm.
I paired my (and B’s!) Spring top of choice with black ripped jeans and a simple, strappy sandal. I accessorized my look with bold gold earrings and an even bolder lip to bring the pop of red in the top to life.
What do you dolls think? Beyoncé is a fan…are you?
A new year means some new products in my beauty arsenal. While some things have been added, some products I use have been the same for years. What can I say… I have my favorites! I’m sure many people would agree that there are some products that stand the test of time and are staples, but there’s always room to explore and find new ones! While I by no means consider myself a beauty expert (I’m always learning new tips and tricks), I think I’ve gotten pretty good at my beauty routine over the years. I’d love to share with you what I use and some of the new products that I’ve tried recently.
I start my makeup routine by using a liquid foundation. My go-to for years has been MAC’s Matchmaster, but recently I’ve started using Urban Decay’s All Nighter Foundation! I love a matte finish that doesn’t look dry or ashy, and I love the wide range of shades that is offered, as my skin’s pigment can fluctuate between seasons. Shout out to Northeastern Winters and Florida Summers! As a splurge, my other favorite foundation is Armani Luminous Silk.
Ok, now that my foundation is set, I move to eyes. I tend to love a neutral eye with smoky corners, so I love the Naked palette, like so many others. You really can’t go wrong. Sometimes I also layer Mac’s “Expensive Pink” over a neutral shade to give a shimmery a bronzy color. On my skin the pink is more copper, so I really love it. As a splurge, I use the Tom Ford “Cognac Sable” and “Golden Mink” palettes. They have the perfect combination of matte and shimmer so you can customize your look. While I use the brush in the Naked palette, I tend to dab on the Tom Ford pigment. I find it’s more intense and lasts longer. I finish my eyes with a MAC Pro Longwear Black Eyeliner and Benefit’s “Yes They’re Real” Mascara!
As a tip, I like to do my eyes before I apply blush in case some of the powder or mascara finds its way to my cheeks. It’s easier to clean up/perfect in this order! When my eyes are complete, I dab some pink on my cheeks. I alternate pretty randomly between MAC’s “Dollymix” (I apply with a brush), the NARS “Orgasm” Liquid Blush (liquid is my fav in this color) and Tom Ford’s Cream Cheek Color (I use Pink Sand or Paradiso) which has a bit of shimmer.
The “Finishing Touch” includes some strobing (applying highlighter) to my upper cheekbones, down the bridge of my nose, and at the top of my eyebrow arch to add a glowy look. When I want my look to last EXTRA long, I finish my look with Urban Decay’s All Nighter Setting Spray. Just a couple light spritzes makes my look last from morning to evening!
I hope you guys liked hearing about my routine and if you have any questions on the products feel free to reach out! AND if you have any products you think I’d like, please send them my way!
Happy Valentine’s Day Dolls! Today might be all about the love, but I’m also spreading the lust with today’s list of must-have items. It’s a lot of sweet, sexy, and pink…some of my favorite things! I hope you love these lust-worthy picks as much as I do!
1-2. L’Agent Siena Bra & Thong – What’s Valentine’s Day without something a little sexy? I love the delicate blush-colored lace of this set from L’Agent. Wear it for that special someone…or just for yourself! While I love the blush and gold, the navy and black is also super sexy and on sale!
3. MAC Angel Lipstick – I love a classic pink pout. And with Valentine’s Day and Spring right around the corner, now is the perfect time to pickup a new shade. MAC has so many great colors that you’re bound to find the perfect pink for your skin tone. Recently, I’m loving a shocking pink called “All Fired Up,” as well as “faux” a muted, mauve pink.
4. tarte Cheek Stain – Speaking of beauty picks, I recently had brunch with Rachel and she had the most amazing dewy glow on her cheeks. Turns out it was this cheek stain from tarte! So many times a cream blush can look streaky on the skin, but this was the perfect rosy glow that looked natural and neither greasy nor chalky. I’m really dying to try this out for myself! If anyone has used this, let me know in the comments below!
5. Jo Malone Basil & Neroli – As seen on my Instagram, this is my new favorite scent for Spring! The basil smells fresh and botanical, while the Neroli balances it with a bright floral scent. All I can say is it smells like vacation…and that’s just where I’m going with it! But like most Jo Malone scents, this is classic enough to wear everyday to the office. If the basil is throwing you off…trust me, you won’t smell like a pizza, you’ll smell gorgeous! Give it a spray next time you’re walking through your local department store and let me know what you think!
6. Tom Ford Sean Sunglasses – A classic aviator never goes out of style! This pair by Tom Ford manages to add some glam to the sunglass shape. With a cognac-leather top bar and rose-gold mirrored lenses, it’s a more modern take. Who says you can’t see the world through rose-colored glasses?
7. Alexis Loe Floral-Print Shirt Dress – Last but not least is this flirty little number by Alexis. The satin, the floral print, the balloon sleeves and the sherberty colors are just too gorgeous and sweet. This dress makes me feel like Marie Antoinette would wear this to brunch in New York City with her friends. Wear this to any Spring event, with a strappy sandals and those sunglasses in #6.