Let’s talk about evening bags. In the past year, I’ve been to a couple of black tie events where I noticed ladies do not have the appropriate bag. Just because a bag is small, does not mean it is formal! I saw day-time crossbodies with gowns, and purses that are perfect for brunch…but maybe not your best friend’s wedding. Never fear…I’ve rounded up some of my favorite picks that ARE appropriate for your next fancy event!
1. Sole Society – Sometimes a simple black look needs a pop of color. Plus, rainbow bags are totally in!
2. Lele Sadoughi – Pretty in pearl, this Lele Sadoughi can be worn over the shoulder or as a clutch!
3. Gucci – A more casual-looking clutch, the gorgeous color of the leather, combined with Gucci’s signature G’s would be gorgeous with a dressy jumpsuit or retro-inspired look.
4. Edie Parker – We can’t have an evening bag roundup without including the queen Edie Parker. Her bags are usually pretty pricey, so this one is a steal! I also love bags with fun sayings, like this one! OR, if you want to splurge get one custom made on her website.
5. Saint Laurent – I love a great metallic evening bag because there is so much flexibility for outfits. This Saint Laurent can be worn time and time again no matter the color of your look!
6. Gucci – A satin Gucci shoulder bag that’s equally appropriate to swear with a cocktail dress, as it is to wear with a collared shirt and jeans. I also love the clutch version in velvet.
Let me start by saying, summer in Florida is no joke. The heat is a killer! So on my recent visit home to Jacksonville, I was sure to pack breezy dresses and shorts for during the day. Honestly, I have a love/hate relationship with shorts – because I feel like my body type doesn’t naturally lend itself to feeling flattered in them. However, on a recent Zara trip, I uncovered this high-waisted and not-too-type pair of navy lace shorts.
Because of the fit, I thought they would look cute with an oversized breezy white shirt which I picked up from H&M. I finished my look with my favorite espadrilles, gifted from Patricia Green! Seriously…I have them in cream, orange and the navy. They’re so comfortable and cute! Lastly, I added a touch of glam to my outfit with a gorgeous pair of earrings from Lele Sadoughi. I’m obsessed with her fun and whimsical designs that can easily elevate an outfit. The great thing about her styles is that they can be paired with casual looks like this, or add color to a more dressed-up style. You’ll see me rocking them all Summer!
There are some colors and patterns that naturally lend themselves to certain seasons. As Miranda Priestly said, “Florals for spring? Groundbreaking.” ha
But you know what I mean – holiday reds during the winter months, pastels for Spring. Well, there’s one color that I feel works remarkably well for ALL seasons!
The color I’m refering to? Mustard Yellow! It’s amazing in the Fall/Winter with rust, grey, navy, etc…and can look fresh for warm weather in the Spring/Summer!
I love to wear this color year-round and have gotten quite the collection of sweaters, and dresses alike. This year, I opted for a new mellow yellow dress with flirty details to kick off the Spring months. Yes, it’s floral – but I think more sophisticated than an expected pastel.
I paired my dress with the same shade of yellow velvet heels (my favorite purchase last year!) and a pop or turquoise in my earrings.
…And in addition to my dress and shoes. I’ve included links to some of my other favorite mustard pieces!