It’s no secret I’m a major fan of J.Crew. Their classic style and preppy aesthetic is something that’s always resonated with me. Even as my style has changed, I can always count on staples such as luxe cashmere sweaters, playful shoes, and quality swimwear that won’t break the bank.
Speaking of swimwear, with the departure of Victoria Secret – don’t you feel like there is a lack of mid-range swim options? Ie – not an H&M or Target, but also not a suit from Saks that’s a huge chunk of a paycheck. I’m guilty of looking at price tags and thinking “that’s not that bad” before realizing that’s only the cost of the top…not the bottom!
Well J.Crew has consistently provided great silhouettes for swim that work for a range of body types and come in the cutest colors and patterns. Like I said, I’m a fan! Recently, they also launched another swim line called J.Crew Playa! What’s the difference between this and their normal swim? It’s a little more playful and a little skimpier. Think lower necklines, drastic scoop backs, and an even more affordable price-point. Aka perfect for the millennials out there who want the quality of a heritage brand, but with a fresh perspective. If you like my swimsuit pictured above, I highly recommend checking out the collection. You can find my other favorites HERE, HERE, and HERE.
Despite being not than long since the holiday, I feel like my gimme’s are strong in the month of January. Maybe it’s the new items for the new year, a desire for a fresh closet, or looking forward to Valentine’s Day! Here are some of the things that made my list for 2018 thus far!
1. I wore this in my recent Winter White and it’s the brightest, creamy shade of white that you can wear season after season. Plus, did you see the black collar? So Chic!
2. I just got my very own Quip recently, and I’m quite obsessed. Between the chic branding and the simple, yet uber functional design, it’s a winner. Plus, it feels like a luxurious improvement to daily life, but one that won’t break the bank.
3. Silky and sexy pajamas that will make bedtime feel like a luxe experience.
4. One of my favorite brands! Recently, I’ve been gifted a wider variety of products that I’ve had the pleasure to enjoy and I’m an absolute convert! My most recent find is the grapefruit face wash and lotion which smells and feels mild, but nourishing at the same time.
5. The daintiest gold ring to layer in with other sparkly pieces.
6. For those who loved the shape of the box bag in my recent post, but don’t want to break the bank! Can you believe this is less than $30! Wild!
As a previous New Yorker, black is definitely the go-to in my wadrobe, but since I’m back down South, I’ve loved experimenting with color more. However, one my favorite looks has got to be the absence of color… I’m talking all white. Winter white to be exact! Last year, I shared one of my favorite winter outfits – and this year I’m sharing a new take on the monochromatic look!
Instead of simply throwing on a sweater, this year I opted for a tissue turtleneck (so soft and comfy) and a winter white blazer! People may think a white or cream blazer is hard to pull off, but I almost love it more than a black blazer. It’s still easy to pair, not over the top, BUT you stand out! It looks fresh, and believe me…it’s unique and classic at the same time.
While I have a cream blazer I love, this double-breasted one from Veronica Beard brings the glam! I love the gold buttons (they almost look like Balmain) and the black detailing on the collar is such a nice touch! Of course, I love to be business on top and rock and roll below, so I paired my look with my go-to distressed jeans from TopShop. These jeans run about $80 and they’ve lasted me season after season (as you can see from last year’s post).
So what do you dolls think? Would you rock all white this season?