This year will be our first holiday season in our new home. On top of this special time, my brother is visiting from Ireland and able to stay with me for the first time ever! Because of this, I wanted to make sure our house was decorated and festive. Despite my desire to embrace the holidays, my work and travel schedule has been insane with limited time to focus on my home. Well, this is where I have to give it up to my mom who did most of the holiday heavy lifting when I was in LA. When I got back from the West Coast, my Christmas tree was up, my tablescape was complete, and the house was full of holiday cheer.
The following week, my mom and I put the finishing touches on the house – including pops of tartan, a couple wreaths, candles (battery-operated) in the windows, colorful bowls of ornaments and holiday candles to make sure the space smells evergreen!
Now that the place feels festive, my outfits have been updated with cheerful accessories to match! In my opinion no one does the holidays as well as J.Crew, so I picked up a couple of items to make me feel merry and bright. A tartan scarf implies the holiday season, but isn’t too over the top. I’ve been wearing it with all black and even bright red sweaters. Speaking of black, I got the cutest kitten-heel pumps with polka dot and mesh details, and the prettiest satin bows on the back. And now that I mention bows, I picked up the cutest hair tie for the finishing touch on a festive look.
I’ll be posting over the holidays, but focusing on being present and spending time with family and friends. I hope you all follow along on Instagram so we can share in the season together!
Happy Holidays Dolls!
SCARF: J.Crew(40% off with code SALELOVE). SHOES: J.Crew. BOW: J.Crew(40% off with code SALELOVE).
This year was the year that I really beefed up my espadrille collection. I had a pair of flat Chanel ones, but I recently added a variety of styles to wardrobe! They’re the perfect summer shoe that go nicely with sundresses and crops alike. Plus, my favorites are so comfortable, I never want to take them off. Before Fall weather hits, here’s a roundup of my favorite espadrilles on the market! Slip them on and enjoy them while sundress season is still upon us.
1. A classic flat espadrille that seems dressier with the black and natural stripe. Wear these with white jeans and a flirty top for a comfortable day of sightseeing.
2. Metallics go with everything and these flat-forms are insanely comfortable. I have this pair and I love to wear them with white, denim, and everything my closet can throw at them!
3. Another pair that I personally own and can’t get enough of. The cream looks so rich and the cap-toe adds a little bit something extra to the design.
4. The combination of cognac leather and the rubber sole make these Chloe picks rich, but casual and a little bit sporty. Wear these with a floaty dress or cut-off shorts for a vacation-ready look!
5. The natural blush of these espadrilles is too pretty to resist. Plus, the heel is the perfect height that gives you some support, but doesn’t compromise on comfort. I can personally attest to that because I have this pair! Wear these with a floral dress out to brunch with your gal pals.
6. An extra high espadrille heel brings the sexy-factor to these summer favorites. Castaner is one of the most well-known espadrille brands and these babies don’t disappoint. Wear these with a strappy dress for a Summer evening out on the town.
Memorial Day Weekend, sunshine and summer are quickly approaching! It’s time to shed those layers and show off some skin! In preparation for the patriotic holiday and corresponding three-day weekend, here are my top picks to get the season kicked off in style!
Speaking of being poolside, who doesn’t want a new swimsuit at the beginning of summer? I love the All-American color scheme, flattering high waist and sporty but feminine feel to this suit.
For when you’re cold post-pool, or for evening strolls on the beach. Throw on this sweatshirt as a cozy homage to one of my favorite cities (and my initials!).
I’m really into blue sunglasses, and these icy blue shades will help combat the heat this summer! Plus, Saint Laurent can do no wrong!
Sunshine calls for a straw tote to carry around daily essentials and for trips to the beach! Roll up a towel in this baby, or use it as this season’s oversized purse. You’ll take the beach wherever you go!
White blazers are kind of an obsession of mine! This one, with fine pinstripes and buttons on the shoulders feels unique and can be a great transitional piece. Plus, you can throw it over a sundress on breezy evenings.
If you’re gonna show some skin, then you need to have that healthy glow! Exfoliate and hydrate your skin with this body polish that also smells divine!