Memorial Day Weekend, sunshine and summer are quickly approaching! It’s time to shed those layers and show off some skin! In preparation for the patriotic holiday and corresponding three-day weekend, here are my top picks to get the season kicked off in style!
Speaking of being poolside, who doesn’t want a new swimsuit at the beginning of summer? I love the All-American color scheme, flattering high waist and sporty but feminine feel to this suit.
For when you’re cold post-pool, or for evening strolls on the beach. Throw on this sweatshirt as a cozy homage to one of my favorite cities (and my initials!).
I’m really into blue sunglasses, and these icy blue shades will help combat the heat this summer! Plus, Saint Laurent can do no wrong!
Sunshine calls for a straw tote to carry around daily essentials and for trips to the beach! Roll up a towel in this baby, or use it as this season’s oversized purse. You’ll take the beach wherever you go!
White blazers are kind of an obsession of mine! This one, with fine pinstripes and buttons on the shoulders feels unique and can be a great transitional piece. Plus, you can throw it over a sundress on breezy evenings.
If you’re gonna show some skin, then you need to have that healthy glow! Exfoliate and hydrate your skin with this body polish that also smells divine!
It’s no secret I’m a major fan of J.Crew. Their classic style and preppy aesthetic is something that’s always resonated with me. Even as my style has changed, I can always count on staples such as luxe cashmere sweaters, playful shoes, and quality swimwear that won’t break the bank.
Speaking of swimwear, with the departure of Victoria Secret – don’t you feel like there is a lack of mid-range swim options? Ie – not an H&M or Target, but also not a suit from Saks that’s a huge chunk of a paycheck. I’m guilty of looking at price tags and thinking “that’s not that bad” before realizing that’s only the cost of the top…not the bottom!
Well J.Crew has consistently provided great silhouettes for swim that work for a range of body types and come in the cutest colors and patterns. Like I said, I’m a fan! Recently, they also launched another swim line called J.Crew Playa! What’s the difference between this and their normal swim? It’s a little more playful and a little skimpier. Think lower necklines, drastic scoop backs, and an even more affordable price-point. Aka perfect for the millennials out there who want the quality of a heritage brand, but with a fresh perspective. If you like my swimsuit pictured above, I highly recommend checking out the collection. You can find my other favorites HERE, HERE, and HERE.
Despite being not than long since the holiday, I feel like my gimme’s are strong in the month of January. Maybe it’s the new items for the new year, a desire for a fresh closet, or looking forward to Valentine’s Day! Here are some of the things that made my list for 2018 thus far!
1. I wore this in my recent Winter White and it’s the brightest, creamy shade of white that you can wear season after season. Plus, did you see the black collar? So Chic!
2. I just got my very own Quip recently, and I’m quite obsessed. Between the chic branding and the simple, yet uber functional design, it’s a winner. Plus, it feels like a luxurious improvement to daily life, but one that won’t break the bank.
3. Silky and sexy pajamas that will make bedtime feel like a luxe experience.
4. One of my favorite brands! Recently, I’ve been gifted a wider variety of products that I’ve had the pleasure to enjoy and I’m an absolute convert! My most recent find is the grapefruit face wash and lotion which smells and feels mild, but nourishing at the same time.
5. The daintiest gold ring to layer in with other sparkly pieces.
6. For those who loved the shape of the box bag in my recent post, but don’t want to break the bank! Can you believe this is less than $30! Wild!