If you’re like me, then you might think gingham is one of those patterns/prints that is perfect for Summer! I rocked it last year with this top and most recently with this two-piece set. BUT, if you got a new piece for the warmer months, don’t be too hasty packing it away now that it’s Fall!
With a strategically placed jacket or accessories, you can extend the wear of your fav gingham piece for a little longer! That’s the case with me and these cropped pants! In the warmer months, I would wear these with a blousy white shirt and sandals. Now that cooler weather is headed our way, I opted to wear with a black bodysuit, topped off with my leather jacket. For a pop of color and texture, I added my yellow mules that bring the luxe-factor with the velvet.
I think just a couple small details help bring the outfit to life in a different way! What do you dolls think, would you rock your gingham as the seasons start to change?
So there are a lot of trends this season: the box bag, the white boot, the newsboy cap. BUT there’s nothing more in style and hotter than the color red. Red is the color of the season and its presence everywhere has signified the transition to Fall fashion. I got some red velvet shoes ($79 btw) recently, but I’m craving much more. I love the color, because it’s bold with black, can be toned down with prints, but it always makes a statement. Want a refresh or don’t have red hanging in your closet? Never fear…I’ve got you covered with my favorite pics that are red hot!
1. BLANKNYC Suede Moto Jacket – A moto jacket is the perfect weight as we transition into fall. I’m actually wearing a red leather one right now as I type! I love this one by BLANKNYC, because the suede brings a touch of cool to the silhouette, while the color is a deeper, rich red. Wear this over a chiffon dress with ankle boots, or with ripped jeans to be biker chic.
2. Rebecca Minkoff Earrings Baguette Earrings – Adding some glitz to an outfit is never a bad idea! I love the tones in these earrings, because the combination lends itself to any season. Plus, I think they look really expensive, but won’t break the bank. Wear these with ripped jeans and a fun top to Happy Hour, or with an elegant dress for a glam night out.
3. Gucci Jordaan Loafers – So I have the black slip-on loafers and I wear them constantly! Again, I’m actually wearing them right now. I think they are the perfect combination of comfort and style. The red pair will elevate any Fall outfit (how amazing is the velvet?!), plus they’ll be incredible around the holidays.
4. Halogen Beret – Hats are in! And Fall is the perfect time to sport a stylish shape like a wool boater or this beret! You’ll look Parisian chic in this one from Nordstrom that’s less than $30!
5. Iro Asymetrical Dress – A slightly brighter red, I’m in love with this dress because of the shape. As seen on the model, it looks gorgeous with thigh high boots, and will later beautifully under a leather jacket. The dress would also look elegant but edge with a pair of metallic heels for an evening affair!
6. Zara Two-Button Coat – Last but not least is a classic coat to add a pop of color over your fall ‘fit. Layer it over a cozy sweater with jeans (think caramel, cream, or black) or over a mini dress and tights. You’ll be sure to turn heads!
If you’re reading this, then I’m assuming you read my latest post, which was a travel diary on my recent trip to Amsterdam! I talked about the food, my hotel, and my overall impressions of the city which stole my heart. BUT, one thing I left out was what I bought on my strolls through the city and its shops.
Well, even though I fell in love with the boutique shopping, I actually got a couple of things from stores that you can visit (or order from) right here in the states! One such store is Mango. Admittedly, when I lived in New York, I often passed it by, instead bee-lining for Zara. But this time, I found something in Mango that caught my eyes right away, and I knew I had to have it.
Have you dolls seen the latest Dior collection? There’s a pair of velvet shoes with ribbon detailing that are beyond gorgeous! Unfortunately, they’re also on the pricey side. If you haven’t seen them – you can click HERE. Anyway, I’ve loved these shoes from afar but thought I had to pass on them until I saw a dupe at Mango! The red velvet looked luxe and the ribbon detailing was just the something special that caught my eye with the Dior pair. Sure, they’re not Dior – but I think they’re beautiful regardless. While I was at Mango, I decided to pick up a cream pinstriped skirt to go with my new shoes. I figured I wear them together with a tight black sweater or turtleneck bodysuit and long black coat in the colder months. In my opinion, very French! I also see myself dressing the shoes down with a pair of ripped jeans and a collared shirt to add some flair to a workday outfit. BUT, speaking of French – on this occasion, I wore my outfit to an anniversary lunch with Jason at Bistro Niko, one of Atlanta’s best French restaurants. We sipped champagne, toasted to love, and between the outfit and the escargot, I thought I was back in Paris! Ok, so I’m not in Paris… but sometimes a fake can do the trick!