Coats are one of my favorite things about the Fall/Winter season. But they can be tricky…you want something that is special, but still versatile enough to go with many outfits in your wardrobe. It’s a delicate balance. Well never fear, as a self-proclaimed outwear expert – I’ve got my favorite picks for the season. Note, these aren’t extreme weather coats. If you need that, just get a Canada Goose. Believe me, it will pay for itself. Mine basically kept this Floridian alive in New York winters. But I digress, the below will keep you looking styling AND warm as the weather starts to transition.
Iro Leather Jacket: A lighter option that I can’t live without. I literally wear my jacket almost every single day and the leather just gets better and more cozy with each wear. As the weather gets colder I’ll start to layer my scarves over it, and even my faur fur stole.
Zara Topcoat: My favorite new Fall purchase so far! I love the modern pop of yellow in this menswear inspired wool coat. You can see me wearing it HERE and I also love THIS ONE. Wear this over black, cream, red, jewel tones – the opportunities are endless.
Rag & Bone Duchess Coat: This olive Rag & Bone coat is for the badass in all of us. All of their coats fit perfectly, and instantly make you feel like you’re strolling through Brooklyn or about to be a villain in the best way possible. I got THIS Rag & Bone coat last year and I can’t wait until it’s cold enough to wear it again. Plus, all of their detailing is perfect – I especially love the asymmetrical double pocket. Lastly, the color is neutral but still special and you’ll want to throw this on over everything.
Zara Bordeaux Oversized Coat: The color of this coat just looks so expensive to me! I love the deep burgundy and it pairs so well with neutrals and brights (ex. The model’s tomato-colored turtleneck) Plus, the length is just perfect!
J.Crew Parke Topcoat: A red coat is one of my favorite cold-weather looks, and this one is no exception. This ladylike coat from Jcrew is the perfect shade of cranberry and instantly adds polish to your outfit. I’ve purchased Jcrew coats in the past and they last year after year. I also love the pink of this particular style, but if you don’t have a red coat – spring for the “Dark Cognac.”
If you’re like me, then you might think gingham is one of those patterns/prints that is perfect for Summer! I rocked it last year with this top and most recently with this two-piece set. BUT, if you got a new piece for the warmer months, don’t be too hasty packing it away now that it’s Fall!
With a strategically placed jacket or accessories, you can extend the wear of your fav gingham piece for a little longer! That’s the case with me and these cropped pants! In the warmer months, I would wear these with a blousy white shirt and sandals. Now that cooler weather is headed our way, I opted to wear with a black bodysuit, topped off with my leather jacket. For a pop of color and texture, I added my yellow mules that bring the luxe-factor with the velvet.
I think just a couple small details help bring the outfit to life in a different way! What do you dolls think, would you rock your gingham as the seasons start to change?
So there are a lot of trends this season: the box bag, the white boot, the newsboy cap. BUT there’s nothing more in style and hotter than the color red. Red is the color of the season and its presence everywhere has signified the transition to Fall fashion. I got some red velvet shoes ($79 btw) recently, but I’m craving much more. I love the color, because it’s bold with black, can be toned down with prints, but it always makes a statement. Want a refresh or don’t have red hanging in your closet? Never fear…I’ve got you covered with my favorite pics that are red hot!
1. BLANKNYC Suede Moto Jacket – A moto jacket is the perfect weight as we transition into fall. I’m actually wearing a red leather one right now as I type! I love this one by BLANKNYC, because the suede brings a touch of cool to the silhouette, while the color is a deeper, rich red. Wear this over a chiffon dress with ankle boots, or with ripped jeans to be biker chic.
2. Rebecca Minkoff Earrings Baguette Earrings – Adding some glitz to an outfit is never a bad idea! I love the tones in these earrings, because the combination lends itself to any season. Plus, I think they look really expensive, but won’t break the bank. Wear these with ripped jeans and a fun top to Happy Hour, or with an elegant dress for a glam night out.
3. Gucci Jordaan Loafers – So I have the black slip-on loafers and I wear them constantly! Again, I’m actually wearing them right now. I think they are the perfect combination of comfort and style. The red pair will elevate any Fall outfit (how amazing is the velvet?!), plus they’ll be incredible around the holidays.
4. Halogen Beret – Hats are in! And Fall is the perfect time to sport a stylish shape like a wool boater or this beret! You’ll look Parisian chic in this one from Nordstrom that’s less than $30!
5. Iro Asymetrical Dress – A slightly brighter red, I’m in love with this dress because of the shape. As seen on the model, it looks gorgeous with thigh high boots, and will later beautifully under a leather jacket. The dress would also look elegant but edge with a pair of metallic heels for an evening affair!
6. Zara Two-Button Coat – Last but not least is a classic coat to add a pop of color over your fall ‘fit. Layer it over a cozy sweater with jeans (think caramel, cream, or black) or over a mini dress and tights. You’ll be sure to turn heads!