Happy New Year Dolls! Can you believe that 2017 has actually begun? While 2016 was pretty crazy, I really enjoyed the last couple of weeks of the year spending time with family. We spent the holidays laughing, shopping, and eating and drinking way too much. It’s been fantastic!
If you follow me on Instagram then you might have seen my story spending New Year’s Day getting a massage and relaxing at the One Ocean Spa, overlooking Atlantic Beach. It was so relaxing and serene! P.S. If you don’t follow me on Instagram, then head over to my page because I share exclusive content via my page and Instagram stories. Check it out HERE!
Between spending time with family and visiting the beach, I’ve been hitting my old stomping grounds around Jacksonville. I actually showed Jason the old surf shop where I worked in high school, which is unfortunately going out of business now. I made sure to pick up some stickers and surf T’s to remember the good ol’ days. Besides the surf shop, we visited my favorite art museum, and my favorite neighborhood in the city. Little 5 points is a young and energetic area that feels a little artsy, edgy, and has the cutest stores, bars, and restaurants. There is actually an old movie theater which was once a venue where I went to my first concert. Oh the memories! We thought the neighborhood was the perfect place to capture my outfit of the day and snap some photos in the sunshine. For our afternoon exploring the city, I wore some casual, dark jeans from H&M. I actually got these on sale for $7. What a steal! I paired my jeans with a navy pinstriped blouse from Zara. I’m absolutely obsessed with the flared sleeves! I finished my look with my new taupe Saint Laurent bag (more on this to come), and my go-to spiked Louboutins. I felt a little bit classy, a little bit rock and roll. And in my world, I think that’s a perfect combination!
Hope y’all had an amazing start to 2017 and stay tuned for more posts coming soon!.
Bell Sleeve Pinstripe Top: Zara (In-Store). Slim-Fit High-Waisted Jeans: H&M. Sac de Jour Calfskin Handbag: Saint Laurent.
1. A.L.C. I love everything about this dress. The lady-like length (up the cool factor with booties and a leather jacket), the flattering fit-and-flare silhouette, the peekaboo detail at the hem, and of course – the color. Dress this up or down, this is a classic piece that won’t go out of style!
2. H&M. Bubblegum pink, an oversized shape and wide sleeves – what an amazing combination for this 70’s inspired sweater!
3. Prada. Speaking of the 70’s, what’s more glam than this pair of round sunglasses? I think they pay homage to the era with their dramatic shape, but are classic enough to stand the test of time in a way that doesn’t feel gimmicky.
4. Zara. I love my over-the-knee boots! And at this price, these velvet beauties are a great way to incorporate the velvet trend into your wardrobe in a showstopping way! I see these paired with a flirty short dress, or even over black jeans. The Aquazurra boots that look similar cost quite the pretty penny (almost $1000), so these are a steal that I have to have!
5. Dior. I’ve been really wanting to try a spray-on foundation and this one seems to be the most highly reviewed! Admirers of this product say it gives you a smooth, air-brushed finish. Stay tuned to see if I try this out for myself!
6. Madewell. Surprise! These gorgeous and super-70’s flares are on-sale at Madewell. I think these are the perfect pair of jeans for Fall! Pair them with a cropped or bell-sleeved sweater , or a velvet blazer to add polish to your retro look. Far out, right?!
I feel like this week has been the hottest of the year, which means the summer vibes are in full effect! Living in New York, you can feel the city empty out on the weekends, as people flock towards the beach for some sunshine and solitude. I haven’t made my New York beach trip as yet, but I’ve got my swimsuits (and sandals) picked out for my upcoming getaways. Below are some of my favorite suits of the season in a variety of styles and price points. I must say that this summer I’m totally feeling the sexy one-pieces and high-waisted silhouettes. I also love a classic color palette of black, white, navy, and a striking red. Here’s to catching some waves and some rays. Now just don’t forget your sunscreen!
2. J.Crew Swimsuit.
3. Norma Kamali Swimsuit.
4. Zimmermann Swimsuit.
6. Onia Bikini.