Pink is my favorite color. Always has been, and I’m thinking it might aways be. In the past, I’ve been worried about looking too girly, or too saccharine – but with the resurgence of “millennial pink” I’m embracing my favorite shade!
Another trend that I’ve begun to love is the dressing in monochrome, one of various shades of the same color. So why not combine my two loves in this latest outfit!
Ironically, I feel wearing ALL pink adds more caché and less sweetness than a single pink piece. So I went all out! These gorgeous pink pants from Topshop were an absolute steal, and the sweater is the softest cashmere you’ll ever feel and less than $70 to boot!
I splurged a bit on the coat, but I feel that it’s worth it given the perfect shade of pastel pink and my tendency to wear coats for many years to come! Walking around the city, I felt heads turn to see a woman in an entirely bubblegum outfit…but in a good way! Lastly, I topped my look with a Parisian-inspired beret to add an extra layer of chic. What do you dolls think? Would you rock an entirely pink look?
So there are a lot of trends this season: the box bag, the white boot, the newsboy cap. BUT there’s nothing more in style and hotter than the color red. Red is the color of the season and its presence everywhere has signified the transition to Fall fashion. I got some red velvet shoes ($79 btw) recently, but I’m craving much more. I love the color, because it’s bold with black, can be toned down with prints, but it always makes a statement. Want a refresh or don’t have red hanging in your closet? Never fear…I’ve got you covered with my favorite pics that are red hot!
1. BLANKNYC Suede Moto Jacket – A moto jacket is the perfect weight as we transition into fall. I’m actually wearing a red leather one right now as I type! I love this one by BLANKNYC, because the suede brings a touch of cool to the silhouette, while the color is a deeper, rich red. Wear this over a chiffon dress with ankle boots, or with ripped jeans to be biker chic.
2. Rebecca Minkoff Earrings Baguette Earrings – Adding some glitz to an outfit is never a bad idea! I love the tones in these earrings, because the combination lends itself to any season. Plus, I think they look really expensive, but won’t break the bank. Wear these with ripped jeans and a fun top to Happy Hour, or with an elegant dress for a glam night out.
3. Gucci Jordaan Loafers – So I have the black slip-on loafers and I wear them constantly! Again, I’m actually wearing them right now. I think they are the perfect combination of comfort and style. The red pair will elevate any Fall outfit (how amazing is the velvet?!), plus they’ll be incredible around the holidays.
4. Halogen Beret – Hats are in! And Fall is the perfect time to sport a stylish shape like a wool boater or this beret! You’ll look Parisian chic in this one from Nordstrom that’s less than $30!
5. Iro Asymetrical Dress – A slightly brighter red, I’m in love with this dress because of the shape. As seen on the model, it looks gorgeous with thigh high boots, and will later beautifully under a leather jacket. The dress would also look elegant but edge with a pair of metallic heels for an evening affair!
6. Zara Two-Button Coat – Last but not least is a classic coat to add a pop of color over your fall ‘fit. Layer it over a cozy sweater with jeans (think caramel, cream, or black) or over a mini dress and tights. You’ll be sure to turn heads!