I feel like I say it every week and then have to take it back…but Fall is officially here in Atlanta. This week was one of the first where it was consistently chilly and a sweater was absolutely necessary.
As you can imagine, the day goes from being chilly to warming up a quite a bit in the Atlanta sun. To combat the bi-polar weather, I’ve been wearing sweaters with skirts as a happy compromise. This year, my go-to sweater is a cream off-the shoulder number from Intermix. On this occasion, I decided to pair it with a metallic, blue pleated skirt and my Miu Miu oxfords. While they’re totally dramatic and induce thoughts of the Spice Girls, these denim studded oxfords are my new shoe when I want comfort. They might not be for everybody, but they’re for me!
If you’re interested in my platforms, then I’ve linked some other favorites below.
You ever play that game with your friends where you ask about “favorites” to the extreme? Like… “if you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would be it be?” Pizza, duh! Well, my friends and I do that in the context of clothes. If you could only wear one brand the entire season, what would it be? Surprisingly, more seasons than not I have the same answer – Tibi. I think their clothes are feminine, yet modern. Trendy, but not over the top.
Before I left for Amsterdam earlier this season, I spotted this Tibi top and knew I had to have it. Of course, navy is one of my favorite colors to wear, so I immediately gravitated towards the deep blue hue hanging on the rack.
Details that I love include elastic cuffs, a rose gold zipper down the back and of course, the cutout shoulder that’s just the right amount of sexy. So far, I’ve worn the top with ripped jeans, black pants, and my favorite– striped, flare trousers. I love these pants, because the stretch fabric and vertical stripes make them flattering for all shapes.
To finish off my look, I opted for an old Houndstooth clutch to add a touch of Fall and greater dimension to my look. Who says you can’t mix patterns?! Finally, I felt the 70’s inspired flare pants needed vintage looking round shades, complements of Gucci. What do you dolls think of the final look? Like the 70’s style.
So there are a lot of trends this season: the box bag, the white boot, the newsboy cap. BUT there’s nothing more in style and hotter than the color red. Red is the color of the season and its presence everywhere has signified the transition to Fall fashion. I got some red velvet shoes ($79 btw) recently, but I’m craving much more. I love the color, because it’s bold with black, can be toned down with prints, but it always makes a statement. Want a refresh or don’t have red hanging in your closet? Never fear…I’ve got you covered with my favorite pics that are red hot!
1. BLANKNYC Suede Moto Jacket – A moto jacket is the perfect weight as we transition into fall. I’m actually wearing a red leather one right now as I type! I love this one by BLANKNYC, because the suede brings a touch of cool to the silhouette, while the color is a deeper, rich red. Wear this over a chiffon dress with ankle boots, or with ripped jeans to be biker chic.
2. Rebecca Minkoff Earrings Baguette Earrings – Adding some glitz to an outfit is never a bad idea! I love the tones in these earrings, because the combination lends itself to any season. Plus, I think they look really expensive, but won’t break the bank. Wear these with ripped jeans and a fun top to Happy Hour, or with an elegant dress for a glam night out.
3. Gucci Jordaan Loafers – So I have the black slip-on loafers and I wear them constantly! Again, I’m actually wearing them right now. I think they are the perfect combination of comfort and style. The red pair will elevate any Fall outfit (how amazing is the velvet?!), plus they’ll be incredible around the holidays.
4. Halogen Beret – Hats are in! And Fall is the perfect time to sport a stylish shape like a wool boater or this beret! You’ll look Parisian chic in this one from Nordstrom that’s less than $30!
5. Iro Asymetrical Dress – A slightly brighter red, I’m in love with this dress because of the shape. As seen on the model, it looks gorgeous with thigh high boots, and will later beautifully under a leather jacket. The dress would also look elegant but edge with a pair of metallic heels for an evening affair!
6. Zara Two-Button Coat – Last but not least is a classic coat to add a pop of color over your fall ‘fit. Layer it over a cozy sweater with jeans (think caramel, cream, or black) or over a mini dress and tights. You’ll be sure to turn heads!