Ok, so New York has had unseasonably warm weather the past week or so, which has been absolutely amazing! Take that in combination with my recent trips to Miami and Dallas, and I feel like Spring is right around the corner. The sunshine is bringing out all of the city’s vibes and has me feeling feisty fashion-wise. Even if a snowstorm is on it’s way, can’t I pretend that blue skies are in my future? This week, I’m celebrating the joie de vivre and reveling in all things sunshine and rosé.
1. Anthropologie Delman C’est La Vie Slides – These sandals have my motto AND beach day written all over them! I love that the slip-on style and material will allow for sandy or lazy days, but design is chic and incites the carefree Francophile in all of us!
2. Fluoro Crispin Drops – I’m obsessed with these earrings… so I already bought them! They come in so many fun colors, and make me think of fiesta-wear, combined with a strappy dress OR wear them with a crisp white collared shirt and jeans. Your ears deserve to have some fun too!
3. Lulu & Georgia You Better Have Tacos Doormat – Ok, so nothing screams summer and joie de vivre more than tacos! Am I right?! I love this spunky piece of home décor that will get your place feeling right just in time for warm weather get-togethers.
4. Jonathan Simkhai Pearl Detail Ruffle Top – I have a slight obsession with pearl details. I love that that the voluminous ruffle is so on-trend, but the navy color doesn’t make the top TOO sweet. I see myself wearing this with edgy ripped jeans, or white ankle-length crops for a more summery look.
5. Gucci Deep-Matte Lipstick – So I have to admit….part of my attraction to lipsticks is their case/packaging. This Gucci lipstick is so chic and is the perfect matte finish. And in a bright pink, or fire engine red for summer… I have to try it. Stay tuned!
6. Deborah Lippmann Nail Polish – I am all about this nail color this season! Put away the black… put away the navy… put away the Holiday red. This light grayish blue lacquer is perfect for this transitional time of year.
7. 3X1 Shelter Straight-Leg Jeans – I love the dip-dye effect of these highwaisted jeans. They feel 70’s and modern at the same time. I see myself wearing them with casual slides, or heels and my pearl top. They’re special, but still classic… two things I look for in a new piece!
It’s a New Year, so time for a new lust list! To be totally honest, it took me a while to come up with a number of lust-worthy items this week. I guess I’m still in bliss after getting goodies over the holidays. But in true me fashion, I found some things I wouldn’t mind having… ok, I’m totally lusting. So here you have it ladies and gentlemen…the first lust list of 2017!
1. Chanel Brooch– Let’s start this year of with a bang, shall we? Coming in hot at #1 is this metallic and crystal Chanel brooch. I’m really intrigued by the idea of a brooch…especially in the Fall and Winter months. I see myself pinning it on layers such as a field jacket, or even on an overcoat (like this one!) I especially love this one from Chanel because it has just the right amount of glitz. Wear this to instantly accessorize any outfit with a ladylike touch.
2. Rag & Bone Arrow Print Sweater– I just think this wool sweater from Rag & Bone is so cool. With a unique arrow print, it combines my favorite winter-wear colors. Style this with black jeans and loafers, or metallic boots.
3. Gucci Leather Loafer Slides– Speaking of loafers…a comfy pair is always classic. And a pair of Gucci loafers with the horsebit detail, now that’s just chic. A modern take of Gucci’s iconic loafer, I love this slip-on pair in either black or rich brown. I know that the fur-lined version became very trendy recently, but I think this classic pair will never go out of style. Slip these on to elevate jeans and a t-shirt, or dress it up with a trendy midi dress.
4. Charlotte Tilbury Luminous Modern-Matte Lipstick– The hottest new lipstick on the market. I love Charlotte Tilbury’s “Matte Revolution” lipsticks. They come in the most gorgeous, buildable shades and the gold packaging is to die for. I really want every color!
5. Glossier Super Pure Facial Serum– The winter months can be brutal on your skin, so I try to put in some extra TLC when I can. Glossier (the cool girl’s beauty brand) can help you do just that with their super pack of serums. Dry skin? Dull skin? Problem skin? The super pack has just the serum for you. I want to give this a shot because I really like the message, branding, and overall ethos behind the brand. I can’t wait to give this variety pack of serums a shot!
6. ASOS Fishnet Ankle Socks– Last but not least…how cool are the fishnet socks? Don’t look to these to keep your toes warm, but instead add some cool dimension peaking out from booties, platform sneakers, and you guessed it…loafers!