When you hear the colors red, white and blue – what season do you think of? Summer, right!
Well, for Fall I took the Americana color palette and made it more appropriate for the cooler temperatures that we’re so desperately wanting.
Stripes are a must for every season in my opinion, and this look is no exception. I paired my favorite blue/white striped skirt with an equally stripey tee from Forever 21. I love the long sleeves and the red-orange hue of the collar and stripes. Plus, the price isn’t bad to boot!
Speaking of boots (or sneakers for that matter), a casual and cool white sneaker goes with absolutely everything! I wear these with the most colorful outfits (like this one) or even all black! I even wear them to business meetings to make work attire more youthful.
Lastly, I finished my look with my red leather jacket that is uniquely Fall! Thriller-inspired, the beautiful red goes with everything from camel (like my beret) to other bright hues. With the addition of the beret, I suddenly feel more Parisian and less Fourth of July. But hey, nothing wrong with bringing a little summer into this season!
Have you guys noticed that the Golden Goose brand has completely taken over? I feel like a couple of years ago, everyone was wearing Common Projects, Converse had a resurgence, and now…designer sneakerheads are clamoring over the stylish and comfortable Golden Goose! In seemingly endless color combinations, unique fabrics/textures, and with the signature “already-scuffed” look – they are a staple of the streetwear scene.
I’ve got a relatively tame pair, neutral white with a touch of metiallic silver and gold. But I’ve got my eye on many others. With a heftier price-tag, I’ll have to pick and choose – but no fear, they go on sale often!
My favorite places to find Golden Goose are SSense, Saks Off Fifth and Intermix.
1. The tiny pailettes in the necklace give it an intricate, yet delicate look. Still super shiny, but understated at the same time – this is jewelry that a lucky lady will love, without breaking the bank. I think I might have to get this for myself!
2. The most unique and intoxicating fragrance I’ve ever smelled. I personally want this, but haven’t taken the plunge yet.
3. Basically a wonder-serum, the La Mer renewal oil is the perfect little luxury for your skin. A couple of drops revitalize and renew skin for a soft and even complexion. It feels and smells amazing!
4. This time of year calls for a great jacket- and the one I can’t live without happens to be my leather. While my go-to is black, this beauty from The Arrivals is a versatile and feminine shade of blush. Plus, the removable fur collar adds an unexpected edge that can make the jacket seem totally different.
5. Jason and I are obsessed with our Bose portable speaker. You can easily take it in any room of the house, even outside if the weather permits. Simply connect it to your smartphone via Bluetooth and you’re good to go. This is a MUST HAVE on any list.
6. A pair of pricey sneakers that she might not buy herself, Golden Goose are all the rage and come in such a wide variety of textures and colors- there’s one for every personality!
7. We women love our cosmetics – and what’s even better than having all of your beauty faves, is having them perfectly packed in a beautiful case! This one from Bobbi Brown is the most beautiful shade of Bordeaux, and the structured shape makes it seem even more glamorous.
8. Did I mention that we women love our cosmetics. This set of travel brushes packs a punch with high-quality bristles, but in a petite size perfect for packing. Plus, how cute is that case?!