As a fashion blogger, I naturally LOVE to get all dolled up for a night on the town. Dresses, big hair, a fancy bag, and the higher the heels the closer to God. However, some nights you’re not in the mood for all that.
You just want a put together look that’s casual and cool. Well on our recent European adventure, I found myself in exactly that position. Jetlag had caught up with me and I wanted an easy look for a night out. So what did I choose? Items that you probably have in your closet already!
For my look, I opted for a pair of light/distressed jeans. My friends Rachel and Alexa look absolutely amazing in Levi’s ReDone, but honestly…my butt is too big for that. I couldn’t squeeze one thigh in a pair to save my life. Even though I’ve always had envy that I couldn’t fit into the ultimate cool girl pair of jeans, I found some that work for me! Where did I get mine? Forever 21! With a wide range of sizes, a tiny bit of stretch, and holes in just the right places, I’ve been wearing this pair almost every day. But really…just ask my co-workers!
I also opted for a Forever 21 sweater and sunglasses that rival the trendy designer pairs we all covet! I felt on-trend, classic and cute for my night out. But most of all, I felt comfortable! Here’s to those nights out and to finding the perfect pair of jeans!
If you guys follow along with me on Instagram (which I hope you do!) then you might have seen that I celebrated my 29th birthday recently! My idea of celebrating was taking my annual trip to the Hamptons to spend time with my best friends. This year was a little different not living in New York, so we spent a couple days in the city catching up with old co-workers, friends, and visiting some of our favorite New York restaurants. I have to be honest – it was the first time I passed our old home since we moved and it made me a little emotional. But, I’m happy to say that I feel lucky to still have a connection to the city and the ability to visit friends often.
One of the big differences from New York to Atlanta – summer in the city! While the heat down South is brutal, you often don’t feel it going from an air conditioned building straight to a car. That’s not the case in New York where you wander the streets and can really feel the heat (don’t even get me started on the subway).
On a morning where we strolled through the West Village and then headed to Soho House, I felt a short, white sundress was perfect for the occasion and the best way to beat the heat! I love the colorful and cute embroidered design, but what I really loved was the price! Can you believe this dress is less than $25? I finished my look with my go-to Summer hat and summery espadrilles that also happen to be on sale. Make sure to check the links below for details!
Despite being not than long since the holiday, I feel like my gimme’s are strong in the month of January. Maybe it’s the new items for the new year, a desire for a fresh closet, or looking forward to Valentine’s Day! Here are some of the things that made my list for 2018 thus far!
1. I wore this in my recent Winter White and it’s the brightest, creamy shade of white that you can wear season after season. Plus, did you see the black collar? So Chic!
2. I just got my very own Quip recently, and I’m quite obsessed. Between the chic branding and the simple, yet uber functional design, it’s a winner. Plus, it feels like a luxurious improvement to daily life, but one that won’t break the bank.
3. Silky and sexy pajamas that will make bedtime feel like a luxe experience.
4. One of my favorite brands! Recently, I’ve been gifted a wider variety of products that I’ve had the pleasure to enjoy and I’m an absolute convert! My most recent find is the grapefruit face wash and lotion which smells and feels mild, but nourishing at the same time.
5. The daintiest gold ring to layer in with other sparkly pieces.
6. For those who loved the shape of the box bag in my recent post, but don’t want to break the bank! Can you believe this is less than $30! Wild!