Despite being not than long since the holiday, I feel like my gimme’s are strong in the month of January. Maybe it’s the new items for the new year, a desire for a fresh closet, or looking forward to Valentine’s Day! Here are some of the things that made my list for 2018 thus far!
1. I wore this in my recent Winter White and it’s the brightest, creamy shade of white that you can wear season after season. Plus, did you see the black collar? So Chic!
2. I just got my very own Quip recently, and I’m quite obsessed. Between the chic branding and the simple, yet uber functional design, it’s a winner. Plus, it feels like a luxurious improvement to daily life, but one that won’t break the bank.
3. Silky and sexy pajamas that will make bedtime feel like a luxe experience.
4. One of my favorite brands! Recently, I’ve been gifted a wider variety of products that I’ve had the pleasure to enjoy and I’m an absolute convert! My most recent find is the grapefruit face wash and lotion which smells and feels mild, but nourishing at the same time.
5. The daintiest gold ring to layer in with other sparkly pieces.
6. For those who loved the shape of the box bag in my recent post, but don’t want to break the bank! Can you believe this is less than $30! Wild!
So my lust lists were created to document all the lovely things I’m coveting on a regular basis. However, sometimes they serve as great catalogs for trends that are truly of the moment. For instance, jewel tones during the fall, or the very covetable box bag.
Recently, one trend I can’t escape is PLAID! I love it! And don’t think it just for Christmas or winter – technically gingham is a plaid you know. Well, my personal favorite is a plaid coat or blazer, but lately I’ve been loving the idea of a breezy plaid maxi dress. Below is my favorite that I’m considering (now on sale) along with other perfectly picks.
1. Like I was saying…gingham is technically a plaid! I love this summery suit which would also be perfect to pack for a middle of winter getaway to a tropical locale. How cute are the precious ties in the middle! This suit manages to look vintage and modern at the same time!
2. A little plaid dress that gives off trench-coat vibes. I love that the slit and neckline up the sexy factor, but the length keeps it tasteful! Another plus? The pricetag! Can you believe it’s less than $50!
3. Because we aren’t out of the woods yet with cold weather, a warm and cozy plaid coat is such a statement. It’s still neutral but adds a bit of pizzaz to an otherwise simple outfit.
4. Talk about buying into a trend, but not breaking the bank! Plaid blazers are all the rage, and this one is perfect. I love that it looks more luxe than the price-tag and will go with so much in your wardrobe.
5. The cutest little plaid sneakers I’ve ever seen! I love that the colors don’t limit you to just Fall/Winter. Wear these in warmer months with jeans and a crisp white shirt and neckerchief.
6. The maxi dress I mentioned above! I can see myself wearing this with flat sandals on a summery day or throwing on a cardigan or even my leather jacket in the evening!
7. Plaid boots? Yes! How gorgeous are these? Wear them with an all black look for a retro vibe, or with ripped jeans and a cream or red sweater.
Do you ever watch movies that take place in the past and admire how glamorous everyone looks while traveling? Think “Catch Me If You Can” (Leo…swoon), and how gorgeous the women looked in their pastel suits, heels, and hats.
Today, it’s more common to see people in sweats and sneakers while they’re on the go in the airport. It makes me yearn for the chic travel of the past. Don’t get me wrong…comfort and practicality are key. But I guess its about finding that right balance.
For example, on my recent trip to New York, I traveled in the cutest ALC High waisted trousers, a L’Agence tank, and an Iro knitted jacket. It sounds cute, and I thought I was going to be the chicest woman in the skies. But in reality, the pants were wrinkled by the end of the flight! In fact, I probably would’ve looked more polished if I simply threw on an old pair of jeans. All that to say, when I travel I want to look stylish and put together, but still be comfortable! My tip…wear what makes you feel great. These days, I mostly travel in a longer midi-dress with a jacket or oversized scarf for if I get cold in the airport or plane. OR I opt for jeans and cotton shirt (like my fav tshirt) and a moto jacket. I rock my looks with a chunky heel (like these) OR a chic flat like my Gucci slides or Jonathan Sanders sneaks.
As for what to pack – I always make sure to pack some key essentials for every flight:
2. Your favorite pair of sunnies. I ‘m leaning towards classic shapes and dark frames. I just feel like adding a pair of sunglasses just instantly makes an outfit more glamorous!
3. Something Comfy. Last, but certainly not least – pack something that makes you feel comfortable while away from home. For me, I love a soft sweatshirt for lounging around the hotel, or running casual errands. I usually go for navy, grey, or cream – and this one just spoke to me. Taco time? Always.
4. A beloved and travel-sized perfume. You never know when you want a little spritz to make you feel fresh. I love that this bottle – a travel size of Margiela’s sexy “Jazz Club” has a spray top, and isn’t a roll-on. For some reason, I feel like the scent is just stronger when you can spray it on. Plus, this scent in particular is just irresistible. Can’t get enough of it? Click here for the full-size!
5. A travel-sized dry shampoo. Sometimes you hair can feel limp or greasy after travel. I know often times I hop off the plane, go to work or do activities during the day, and then don’t have time to fully do my hair again by evening time. This spray by Oribe smells divine and will keep your locks looking fresh. Get the full-size spray here!
6. Comfortable Heels. Pack some heels that can take you from day to night and won’t make you feel crippled along the way. Since I’ve been traveling back to New York, I’ll wear heels to work and then usually walk to drinks or dinner. I want to feel dressy, but definitely don’t have time or patience for heels that hurt! Plus…life is too short for uncomfortable shoes!