Memorial Day Weekend, sunshine and summer are quickly approaching! It’s time to shed those layers and show off some skin! In preparation for the patriotic holiday and corresponding three-day weekend, here are my top picks to get the season kicked off in style!
Speaking of being poolside, who doesn’t want a new swimsuit at the beginning of summer? I love the All-American color scheme, flattering high waist and sporty but feminine feel to this suit.
For when you’re cold post-pool, or for evening strolls on the beach. Throw on this sweatshirt as a cozy homage to one of my favorite cities (and my initials!).
I’m really into blue sunglasses, and these icy blue shades will help combat the heat this summer! Plus, Saint Laurent can do no wrong!
Sunshine calls for a straw tote to carry around daily essentials and for trips to the beach! Roll up a towel in this baby, or use it as this season’s oversized purse. You’ll take the beach wherever you go!
White blazers are kind of an obsession of mine! This one, with fine pinstripes and buttons on the shoulders feels unique and can be a great transitional piece. Plus, you can throw it over a sundress on breezy evenings.
If you’re gonna show some skin, then you need to have that healthy glow! Exfoliate and hydrate your skin with this body polish that also smells divine!
So Spring is on my mind. Off the shoulder tops, pastels, and a whole lot of dresses! I’ve got some fun events coming up: Alexa’s bachelorette, a weekend in NYC, and influencer events around town. I think it’s the perfect time for me to re-up on some flirty dresses to kick the season into gear. Below are my top dresses for Spring that I can’t get out of my head. Enjoy!
1. Ok so this technically isn’t a dress; it’s a jumpsuit. But this is my blog and I make the rules! We all know I’m obsessed with a jumpsuit (see recent ones here and here), but this fiery number will make you look like the dancing girl emoji that got a cool closet makeover. Wear this to a Saturday fiesta with a margarita in-hand!
2. The shape of this dress is so sexy, and I love the unexpected color! You’d imagine this to be red, black, or even white, but the pale lilac makes it so irresistible. Wear this to dinner with your girlfriends and then hit the dance floor!
3. Star prints have always been a favorite of mind, and this dress is no exception. The creamy color of the silk mixed with the rock and roll flare of the hem and sleeves makes this dress edgy, yet whimsical at the same time. Plus with the empire waist, it’s super flattering for all body types! Wear this to date night underneath a leather jacket!
4. A more structured dress than the others on the list – this one packs quite the girly punch. Between the hot pink color and the bows along the side slit, it’s feminine without being too sweet. Wear this dress to a cocktail party!
5. A quintessential Spring dress than can be worn with some yellow mules (I have these in mind) or a strappy nude sandal. You’ll look like the embodiment of Spring in this flattering and romantic dress. Wear this to a garden party or your friend’s baby shower!
Do you ever find yourself sticking to colors, silhouettes, or just general styles that you feel work best for you?
For me, I feel like it’s a fit and flare dress or a full skirt. I find it’s the perfect shape to highlight my waist and looks amazing on pear shapes.
When I first started Brown Paper Doll – this look was the very first outfit I shot! I felt it perfectly showcased my style – feminine, but you can totally throw a leather jacket on top. Well, a year and a half later I’ve upgraded that same look with a new take on some black and white favorites. For our recent trip to Charleston, I wanted something upscale but not stuffy for dinners and cocktail hour. I opted for a full skirt (my favorite shape) and an off-the-shoulder blouse that shows some skin, while also letting me feel covered.
While switching it up is what fashion is all about – there’s something to be said for sticking to favorites that you feel work for you. What about you dolls? Is there a look you turn to over and over again?