So this Spring a big trend that has popped um seemingly overnight is that of the neckerchief! It could be a silk scarf, it could be a bandana, it could be a variety of shapes and worn in different ways. Now I’m a huge silk scarf fan, but the ones I have are a bit larger than some on the market recently.
So, I picked up a new silk, square scarf from J.Crew (seen below) and I’ve been tying it as a bandana, as a choker, and even around my purse for a pop of color. The opportunities are endless for ways to tie – and if you’re like me (kinda clueless on how to tie a scarf), then there are some great videos and gifs online giving you step by step instructions!
So I already mentioned that I got the below from J.Crew, but I’ve also rounded up my favorite picks in a variety of colors, shapes and prices.
Have you dolls already hopped on the neckerchief trend this Spring?
Winter white sounds like a good idea in theory. I love whites, creams, and neutrals together – and in the cold weather, it somehow looks even more chic! But in reality, a winter white outfit isn’t necessarily the most practical, especially living in New York. The grime of the city and the natural elements seem to instantly be attracted to white. I think that’s one of the reasons that they say black is a New Yorker’s uniform!
That being said, while home in Florida, I jumped at the chance to ditch my all-black and wear a wintery white look! Even though it was beyond sunny most days, there was still a little chill in the air that was perfect sweater weather. I wore my new Club Monaco sweater with a slightly cropped silhouette and tiered, ruffled sleeves. Rachel and I snagged this on an impromptu shopping trip in SoHo. Sometimes the unexpected shopping days are the ones where you find something you really love. This sweater is just that for me! I paired my sweater with Topshop distressed moto jeans. If you haven’t already, y’all have got to try these on! They’re my favorite! The high-waist, slightly cropped ankle and stretchy material make them so comfortable, but they don’t bag out! I love them.
To keep things neutral, I wore my all white with nude Stuart Weitzman nudist sandals and my new taupe Saint Laurent tote. I felt like I was serving some Kim Kardashian realness with this outfit! Jason and I spent the afternoon in one of my favorite neighborhoods in the city – San Marco. We admired the homes, did a little shopping, and stopped for ice cream when the sun got a bit warm. Overall, what a perfect day! AND, to top things off, I didn’t get any stains on the pristine white ‘fit. I’d call that a major success!
Can you believe the holidays are upon us already?! Don’t get me wrong…I love this time of year. The sights, the sounds, the scents, quality time with family and friends…what’s not to love!! Oh and did I forget to mention the shopping?
Although I don’t love battling crowds, I do enjoy the holiday fashion and picking out the perfect presents for my loved ones…including myself. While I do plan on doing a more holistic holiday gift guide, consider this my pre-holiday lust list to get you in the mood!
1. J.Crew Wool-Cashmere Topcoat – Brrrrr…it’s cold people! Fall/Winter finally decided to show up! It’s time to break out the heavier coats and bundle up in style. I just got a long double-breasted coat (see here!) and I love this menswear-inspired one from J.Crew in silvery grey. The longer silhouette is so flattering and will keep you both bundled and chic.
2. J.Crew Satin Ankle Strap Flats – Speaking of J.Crew, they’re making a double-feature on this week’s list. I’m totally a heels girl, and I usually love strutting myself in pair of sky high pumps. But sometimes you are just feeling a pair of classy flats. These are just that! Take a break from the heels and slip on these satin jeweled flats that are dressy enough for your holiday party, but comfy enough to actually stand/dance in! (P.S. I got similar satin flats from J.Crew that I love- you can see them here).
3. Target Cashmere Beanie – Time to break out that beanie baby! My ears often hurt when walking to work in the blistering cold. A beanie is a cute and functional way to keep you warm, and can add some color to your outfit! I love this red cashmere one that’s a steal from Target! Definitely a must-have!
4. Club Monaco Weronika Sweater – Sweater season is upon us, and I’m always looking for the perfect combination of cozy and cute. When my friend Kelley wore this cream Club Monaco beauty to the office, I knew she hit the sweater jackpot. I love the chunky knit, perfect winter white shade, and chiffon ribbon detailing on the sleeves.
5. stila Liquid Lipstick – I’ve professed my love for stila liquid lipsticks before (see here), but this one has to be my favorite. The creamy texture glides on easy and dries to a rich matte pout that lasts for hours. “Beso” is my favorite true-red lip shade that is the perfect holiday red for a classic and festive makeup look.
6. Christian Louboutin So Kate Metallic Leather Pumps – Here are those sky-high heels I mentioned! I always love a good metallic shoe, and these would be amazing for any holiday look! Plus, they’re cool and simple enough that you can wear these well past the holiday season to add a bit of glam and shine.
7. Ted Baker Timu Embellished Collared Dress – Can you really ever have enough LBD’s? I love this one from Ted Baker because of the simplicity and white collar and cuffs. However, it still brings a little something extra to the table with its addition of sparkly embellishments on the collar for a touch of sparkle.
What’s your favorite on the list? Let me know in the comments below! I hope everyone has a safe and wonderful holiday this week!