Happy New Year Dolls! Can you believe that 2017 has actually begun? While 2016 was pretty crazy, I really enjoyed the last couple of weeks of the year spending time with family. We spent the holidays laughing, shopping, and eating and drinking way too much. It’s been fantastic!
If you follow me on Instagram then you might have seen my story spending New Year’s Day getting a massage and relaxing at the One Ocean Spa, overlooking Atlantic Beach. It was so relaxing and serene! P.S. If you don’t follow me on Instagram, then head over to my page because I share exclusive content via my page and Instagram stories. Check it out HERE!
Between spending time with family and visiting the beach, I’ve been hitting my old stomping grounds around Jacksonville. I actually showed Jason the old surf shop where I worked in high school, which is unfortunately going out of business now. I made sure to pick up some stickers and surf T’s to remember the good ol’ days. Besides the surf shop, we visited my favorite art museum, and my favorite neighborhood in the city. Little 5 points is a young and energetic area that feels a little artsy, edgy, and has the cutest stores, bars, and restaurants. There is actually an old movie theater which was once a venue where I went to my first concert. Oh the memories! We thought the neighborhood was the perfect place to capture my outfit of the day and snap some photos in the sunshine. For our afternoon exploring the city, I wore some casual, dark jeans from H&M. I actually got these on sale for $7. What a steal! I paired my jeans with a navy pinstriped blouse from Zara. I’m absolutely obsessed with the flared sleeves! I finished my look with my new taupe Saint Laurent bag (more on this to come), and my go-to spiked Louboutins. I felt a little bit classy, a little bit rock and roll. And in my world, I think that’s a perfect combination!
Hope y’all had an amazing start to 2017 and stay tuned for more posts coming soon!.
Bell Sleeve Pinstripe Top: Zara (In-Store). Slim-Fit High-Waisted Jeans: H&M. Sac de Jour Calfskin Handbag: Saint Laurent.
They say that home is where the heart is. And it’s hard to believe that 2017 will mark a decade since I first left mine in the great (and crazy) state of Florida. It seems that just yesterday I packed my bags for Nashville, then started my post-grad life in Atlanta, and now this southern transplant has ended up in the big apple. I have to say that growing up, I always saw myself leaving home to experience cities and discover new adventures. However, every time I visit Florida I instantly remember why it’s such a great place to grow up. While I love the flash, class, and energy of the big city, there’s something about driving with the windows down, listening to Southern rock, and enjoying a slower pace with sunshine on your cheek that can’t be replaced. After a stressful couple of months in New York, I think my trip home was well overdue. It’s funny because when I arrive, I sometimes feel funny wearing the New York uniform of all black and a leather jacket. I remember my past life of sundresses and a cardigan, or jeans and a t-shirt. So for this trip, I combined a little bit of my New York attitude with some good ol’ Southern rock and roll. Let’s start with my Lynyrd Skynyrd band t-shirt that I caught on sale. Many people don’t actually know that these “Freebird” and “Sweet Home Alabama” legends are actually from my hometown of Jacksonville, Florida.
Instead of pairing my tee with jeans, I opted for a more seasonal pair of velvet high waisted pants. They’re comfortable and can be dressed up with a nice blouse, or worn with a tee and some stylish sneakers. Of course I had to throw on my leather jacket and a pair of aviators to add to the overall rock n’ roll aesthetic. And let’s not forget the nude spiked Louboutins which are actually quite comfortable and versatile because of the soft leather and neutral shade. I love this outfit because I feel like it’s the perfect combination of my current style and the home I love so much. But at the end of the day, it’s my family that makes home so amazing, and I can’t wait to spend more time with them over the upcoming holidays. I hope y’all stay tuned to the blog for more posts this month on my holiday style, and of course….gift guides!
Can you believe the holidays are upon us already?! Don’t get me wrong…I love this time of year. The sights, the sounds, the scents, quality time with family and friends…what’s not to love!! Oh and did I forget to mention the shopping?
Although I don’t love battling crowds, I do enjoy the holiday fashion and picking out the perfect presents for my loved ones…including myself. While I do plan on doing a more holistic holiday gift guide, consider this my pre-holiday lust list to get you in the mood!
1. J.Crew Wool-Cashmere Topcoat – Brrrrr…it’s cold people! Fall/Winter finally decided to show up! It’s time to break out the heavier coats and bundle up in style. I just got a long double-breasted coat (see here!) and I love this menswear-inspired one from J.Crew in silvery grey. The longer silhouette is so flattering and will keep you both bundled and chic.
2. J.Crew Satin Ankle Strap Flats – Speaking of J.Crew, they’re making a double-feature on this week’s list. I’m totally a heels girl, and I usually love strutting myself in pair of sky high pumps. But sometimes you are just feeling a pair of classy flats. These are just that! Take a break from the heels and slip on these satin jeweled flats that are dressy enough for your holiday party, but comfy enough to actually stand/dance in! (P.S. I got similar satin flats from J.Crew that I love- you can see them here).
3. Target Cashmere Beanie – Time to break out that beanie baby! My ears often hurt when walking to work in the blistering cold. A beanie is a cute and functional way to keep you warm, and can add some color to your outfit! I love this red cashmere one that’s a steal from Target! Definitely a must-have!
4. Club Monaco Weronika Sweater – Sweater season is upon us, and I’m always looking for the perfect combination of cozy and cute. When my friend Kelley wore this cream Club Monaco beauty to the office, I knew she hit the sweater jackpot. I love the chunky knit, perfect winter white shade, and chiffon ribbon detailing on the sleeves.
5. stila Liquid Lipstick – I’ve professed my love for stila liquid lipsticks before (see here), but this one has to be my favorite. The creamy texture glides on easy and dries to a rich matte pout that lasts for hours. “Beso” is my favorite true-red lip shade that is the perfect holiday red for a classic and festive makeup look.
6. Christian Louboutin So Kate Metallic Leather Pumps – Here are those sky-high heels I mentioned! I always love a good metallic shoe, and these would be amazing for any holiday look! Plus, they’re cool and simple enough that you can wear these well past the holiday season to add a bit of glam and shine.
7. Ted Baker Timu Embellished Collared Dress – Can you really ever have enough LBD’s? I love this one from Ted Baker because of the simplicity and white collar and cuffs. However, it still brings a little something extra to the table with its addition of sparkly embellishments on the collar for a touch of sparkle.
What’s your favorite on the list? Let me know in the comments below! I hope everyone has a safe and wonderful holiday this week!