If you dolls saw my last post, you’ve probably gotten the hint that I’m a little obsessed with ruffles at the moment. Not too many, but just enough. I’m also obsessed with a good steal!
This black dress from H&M is the answer to both! It’s dressy but won’t break the bank. When I saw it, I initially thought it would be a great dress for dinner or an event on a Summer evening. However, the more I thought about it, I wanted to dress it down for a more casual look – even appropriate for work!
I love that the top of the dress is fitted and the ruffles aren’t overpowering, so I added an oversized denim jacket to play down the dressy-factor. For work, I added flats – espadrilles to be specific, because I thought the straw would add a chill and summery vibe. But I also see myself wearing it with my Gucci slides, or even sneakers. What I also love about this look is that it can easily go from day to night. I just take off the denim jacket, add some heels and my favorite bag – and I’m ready to hit the town!
What do you dolls think? Do you like the daytime or evening look better? Or would you rock both?
Light Blue Denim Jacket – Levi’s (Sold Out. Similar). Black Ruffle Dress – H&M (In-Store Only). Navy Espadrilles: Chanel.
Thanks again to Cat Galletti for the amazing photos. For more of her work, visit here site HERE.
So Memorial Day is upon us and I’m totally stoked for the long weekend. With the move, my parents visiting, and getting settled at work – we haven’t yet had the chance to enjoy our new home and city. This weekend, I’m excited about sitting by the pool with an ice-cold drink, exploring the city, and shooting some new content for you lovely readers! Oh, and some shopping is on my list too. The Georgia heat is real y’all, and I need some new summer essentials!
Just in time for the holiday, I’ve rounded up my latest picks for the weekend and for some Summer fun. New season, new home, new lust list- and everything is coming up rosé!
1.J. Crew One=Piece Scoop Back Swimsuit – The silhouette of this swimsuit stands the test of time. I’ve been so into one-pieces recently, so I love this classic take in a variety of gorgeous hues. Just what we’d come to expect from J.Crew.
2. Wölffer No. 139 Dry Rosé Cider – The crispest and most refreshing cider in the game! I love that it’s actually a rosé, and not to mention the bottle is gorgeous! I actually did a wine tasting with Wolffer at my old ad agency, and visited the vineyard in the Hamptons with Rachel this summer. It’s definitely one of my favorites, and if you haven’t given it a try – then I suggest you grab a bottle…or 3. No judgment.
3. Everything, Everything – Don’t forget to throw a good book in your beach bag this weekend! Everytime I see the preview for the new movie Everything, Everyhing – I get a little misty. I’m not crying; you’re crying! Besides the cutest co-stars (Rue from the Hunger Games, and older brother from Jurassic World), the story about falling for the boy next door, and making the most of life – seems like perfect summer read before it hits the box office.
4. Nannacay Baby Pom-Pom Raffia Straw Tote – The cutest little straw tote with ombré pink poms to make it even more special. I love the shape and size! It’s perfect for throwing in some sunnies, a good book, lip balm, and a yummy coconut water!
5. Chanel UV Essentiel Sunscreen – I can’t say it enough – protect your skin! The older I get, the more concerned I’ve become about treating my skin right. Sunscreen is such an important part of self-care, especially in the Summer! This pick from Chanel is lightweight, not oily, and will keep you looking flawless!
6. Gucci Square Colorblock Sunglasses – I don’t know…I just love these. I feel like they remind me of neopolitan icecream. They might be a little out of the box, but I think they’d be gorgeous with a white jumpsuit or an black sundress. OR just go bold and wear it with some color like a hot pink or bright emerald green. I’m headin to Saks to try these on immediately!
7. Sea Pink Tie-Front Cutout Sundress – Love this color and the peekaboo cutouts. Plus, give me a bow any day! I love that it show a flash of skin, without being too much.
So this Spring a big trend that has popped um seemingly overnight is that of the neckerchief! It could be a silk scarf, it could be a bandana, it could be a variety of shapes and worn in different ways. Now I’m a huge silk scarf fan, but the ones I have are a bit larger than some on the market recently.
So, I picked up a new silk, square scarf from J.Crew (seen below) and I’ve been tying it as a bandana, as a choker, and even around my purse for a pop of color. The opportunities are endless for ways to tie – and if you’re like me (kinda clueless on how to tie a scarf), then there are some great videos and gifs online giving you step by step instructions!
So I already mentioned that I got the below from J.Crew, but I’ve also rounded up my favorite picks in a variety of colors, shapes and prices.
Have you dolls already hopped on the neckerchief trend this Spring?