So if you’ve been following along with me on Instagram (@laurnashley), then you probably saw that I celebrated my birthday a couple weeks ago.
I headed to New York City and the Hamptons to spend time with my friends and enjoy some sun, sand, and LOTS of frozé! Because I wasn’t at home for my actual birthday, Jason and I celebrated early while I was still in Atlanta. Initially I really wanted a new bag, because….who doesn’t want a new fancy bag for the season? But, in recent years my taste in purses has gone on the pricy side and I splurged a little too much last year. In 2016 I got my Chloe, my Saint Laurent, and the big mama of all purses…my Chanel.
With all those big buys, I had to realize that I’m not Oprah and need to cool it on the expensive purse front! So while there are many bags that I have my eye on – I had resolved to hold off until Christmas or even next year. Being the amazing hubby he is, Jason decided to pick me up a birthday treat that he had seen on one of my recent Lust Lists: the Dior Twilly!
While I had originally planned on wearing it to work under a collared shirt, I remembered loving how I saw it wrapped around the handle of a handbag. Upon opening my gift, I immediately marched down to Dior and had them tie it around the handle of my Saint Laurent. I asked the associate if it was a faux-pas to have it wrapped around a different designer’s bag and she said not at all – people do it all the time! I have to say, I’m absolutely in love with the way it looks. I think it adds even more style and sophistication to an already classic and ladylike bag. The moral of the story is that I feel like with this small addition, my bag has been totally transformed! I feel like it’s a BRAND NEW bag and I’m even more excited to wear it with new outfits. Sometimes it just takes a little creativity or a different perspective to make something old feel new again. Love the look of a scarf tied around a bag? Check out this post featuring my fav scarves at a variety of prices!
If you dolls saw my last post, you’ve probably gotten the hint that I’m a little obsessed with ruffles at the moment. Not too many, but just enough. I’m also obsessed with a good steal!
This black dress from H&M is the answer to both! It’s dressy but won’t break the bank. When I saw it, I initially thought it would be a great dress for dinner or an event on a Summer evening. However, the more I thought about it, I wanted to dress it down for a more casual look – even appropriate for work!
I love that the top of the dress is fitted and the ruffles aren’t overpowering, so I added an oversized denim jacket to play down the dressy-factor. For work, I added flats – espadrilles to be specific, because I thought the straw would add a chill and summery vibe. But I also see myself wearing it with my Gucci slides, or even sneakers. What I also love about this look is that it can easily go from day to night. I just take off the denim jacket, add some heels and my favorite bag – and I’m ready to hit the town!
What do you dolls think? Do you like the daytime or evening look better? Or would you rock both?
Light Blue Denim Jacket – Levi’s (Sold Out. Similar). Black Ruffle Dress – H&M (In-Store Only). Navy Espadrilles: Chanel.
Thanks again to Cat Galletti for the amazing photos. For more of her work, visit here site HERE.
So Memorial Day is upon us and I’m totally stoked for the long weekend. With the move, my parents visiting, and getting settled at work – we haven’t yet had the chance to enjoy our new home and city. This weekend, I’m excited about sitting by the pool with an ice-cold drink, exploring the city, and shooting some new content for you lovely readers! Oh, and some shopping is on my list too. The Georgia heat is real y’all, and I need some new summer essentials!
Just in time for the holiday, I’ve rounded up my latest picks for the weekend and for some Summer fun. New season, new home, new lust list- and everything is coming up rosé!
1. J. Crew One=Piece Scoop Back Swimsuit – The silhouette of this swimsuit stands the test of time. I’ve been so into one-pieces recently, so I love this classic take in a variety of gorgeous hues. Just what we’d come to expect from J.Crew.
2. Wölffer No. 139 Dry Rosé Cider – The crispest and most refreshing cider in the game! I love that it’s actually a rosé, and not to mention the bottle is gorgeous! I actually did a wine tasting with Wolffer at my old ad agency, and visited the vineyard in the Hamptons with Rachel this summer. It’s definitely one of my favorites, and if you haven’t given it a try – then I suggest you grab a bottle…or 3. No judgment.
3. Everything, Everything – Don’t forget to throw a good book in your beach bag this weekend! Everytime I see the preview for the new movie Everything, Everyhing – I get a little misty. I’m not crying; you’re crying! Besides the cutest co-stars (Rue from the Hunger Games, and older brother from Jurassic World), the story about falling for the boy next door, and making the most of life – seems like perfect summer read before it hits the box office.
4. Nannacay Baby Pom-Pom Raffia Straw Tote – The cutest little straw tote with ombré pink poms to make it even more special. I love the shape and size! It’s perfect for throwing in some sunnies, a good book, lip balm, and a yummy coconut water!
5. Chanel UV Essentiel Sunscreen – I can’t say it enough – protect your skin! The older I get, the more concerned I’ve become about treating my skin right. Sunscreen is such an important part of self-care, especially in the Summer! This pick from Chanel is lightweight, not oily, and will keep you looking flawless!
6. Gucci Square Colorblock Sunglasses – I don’t know…I just love these. I feel like they remind me of neopolitan icecream. They might be a little out of the box, but I think they’d be gorgeous with a white jumpsuit or an black sundress. OR just go bold and wear it with some color like a hot pink or bright emerald green. I’m headin to Saks to try these on immediately!
7. Sea Pink Tie-Front Cutout Sundress – Love this color and the peekaboo cutouts. Plus, give me a bow any day! I love that it show a flash of skin, without being too much.