So my date night looks have evolved quite a bit over the years. I remember in high school, it was low-rise jeans a dressy top. College years saw the height of my sundress obsession. Recently, my go-to date night look is a jumpsuit!
There’s something comfortable, yet so put together about a jumpsuit. In the past, I’ve worn strappy ones, long-sleeved ones, casual ones, and my latest is unique in it’s own right. I feel like this jumpsuit by Donna Morgan is a feminine and modern take on a tuxedo look. The black and white stunner has a dressy, strapless bodice and a wide, cropped leg. I love the dramatic and cascading ruffles that really take this look from simple to special. Lastly, I love the price!
To finish off my look, I added some glitzy and geometric earrings that really scream “Date Night!” All in all, this occasion look made a romantic evening in Charleston even more special. And… I didn’t break the bank!
So I’m not a frequent sporting-event attendee, but this week The College Vault and IMG Sports hooked me up with the seats to the College Football National Championship game! What an exciting experience! First of all, the Mercedes Benz stadium in Atlanta is absolutely gorgeous and the staff is beyond professional and warm. Secondly, even though I went to Vanderbilt (and not one of the schools playing), the energy of Alabama and Georgia was absolutely infectious!
It was such an incredible experience to be around such passionate fans cheering on their teams. The stadium was a sea of red (both crimson and bulldog)! Speaking of red, since both teams were in the same color palette, I felt like I had quite the opportunity to put together some fun outfits for the event. I’m not really a t-shirt and hoodie kinda gal, so I wanted to express my sports-fan spirit in a fashionable and unique way!
For this opportunity I looked no further than rent the runway to get my red and black looks. Not only did I get tickets to the game, but also pre-event party and Third Eye Blind concert! Since I needed more than one outfit, I needed some items I could mix and match that also wouldn’t break the bank. I think my outfits turned out pretty dope, and let’s just say that I stood out amongst the crowd! What do you dolls think? Would you dress up for a sporting event?
So my lust lists were created to document all the lovely things I’m coveting on a regular basis. However, sometimes they serve as great catalogs for trends that are truly of the moment. For instance, jewel tones during the fall, or the very covetable box bag.
Recently, one trend I can’t escape is PLAID! I love it! And don’t think it just for Christmas or winter – technically gingham is a plaid you know. Well, my personal favorite is a plaid coat or blazer, but lately I’ve been loving the idea of a breezy plaid maxi dress. Below is my favorite that I’m considering (now on sale) along with other perfectly picks.
1. Like I was saying…gingham is technically a plaid! I love this summery suit which would also be perfect to pack for a middle of winter getaway to a tropical locale. How cute are the precious ties in the middle! This suit manages to look vintage and modern at the same time!
2. A little plaid dress that gives off trench-coat vibes. I love that the slit and neckline up the sexy factor, but the length keeps it tasteful! Another plus? The pricetag! Can you believe it’s less than $50!
3. Because we aren’t out of the woods yet with cold weather, a warm and cozy plaid coat is such a statement. It’s still neutral but adds a bit of pizzaz to an otherwise simple outfit.
4. Talk about buying into a trend, but not breaking the bank! Plaid blazers are all the rage, and this one is perfect. I love that it looks more luxe than the price-tag and will go with so much in your wardrobe.
5. The cutest little plaid sneakers I’ve ever seen! I love that the colors don’t limit you to just Fall/Winter. Wear these in warmer months with jeans and a crisp white shirt and neckerchief.
6. The maxi dress I mentioned above! I can see myself wearing this with flat sandals on a summery day or throwing on a cardigan or even my leather jacket in the evening!
7. Plaid boots? Yes! How gorgeous are these? Wear them with an all black look for a retro vibe, or with ripped jeans and a cream or red sweater.