Ok, so New York has had unseasonably warm weather the past week or so, which has been absolutely amazing! Take that in combination with my recent trips to Miami and Dallas, and I feel like Spring is right around the corner. The sunshine is bringing out all of the city’s vibes and has me feeling feisty fashion-wise. Even if a snowstorm is on it’s way, can’t I pretend that blue skies are in my future? This week, I’m celebrating the joie de vivre and reveling in all things sunshine and rosé.
1. Anthropologie Delman C’est La Vie Slides – These sandals have my motto AND beach day written all over them! I love that the slip-on style and material will allow for sandy or lazy days, but design is chic and incites the carefree Francophile in all of us!
2. Fluoro Crispin Drops – I’m obsessed with these earrings… so I already bought them! They come in so many fun colors, and make me think of fiesta-wear, combined with a strappy dress OR wear them with a crisp white collared shirt and jeans. Your ears deserve to have some fun too!
3. Lulu & Georgia You Better Have Tacos Doormat – Ok, so nothing screams summer and joie de vivre more than tacos! Am I right?! I love this spunky piece of home décor that will get your place feeling right just in time for warm weather get-togethers.
4. Jonathan Simkhai Pearl Detail Ruffle Top – I have a slight obsession with pearl details. I love that that the voluminous ruffle is so on-trend, but the navy color doesn’t make the top TOO sweet. I see myself wearing this with edgy ripped jeans, or white ankle-length crops for a more summery look.
5. Gucci Deep-Matte Lipstick – So I have to admit….part of my attraction to lipsticks is their case/packaging. This Gucci lipstick is so chic and is the perfect matte finish. And in a bright pink, or fire engine red for summer… I have to try it. Stay tuned!
6. Deborah Lippmann Nail Polish – I am all about this nail color this season! Put away the black… put away the navy… put away the Holiday red. This light grayish blue lacquer is perfect for this transitional time of year.
7. 3X1 Shelter Straight-Leg Jeans – I love the dip-dye effect of these highwaisted jeans. They feel 70’s and modern at the same time. I see myself wearing them with casual slides, or heels and my pearl top. They’re special, but still classic… two things I look for in a new piece!
You know how sometimes you can like a piece of clothing, but it just doesn’t like you back? In most cases, that’s me and jumpsuits! I think they’re so cool and can be dressed up or down…but the majority of them just don’t fit my body type. Either the torso is too short, the legs are too tight, or it just doesn’t look quite right! Well in the case that I do find a jumpsuit I like (see my summer one here), I make sure to not let it go! Imagine my surprise and delight when I found the perfect Fall jumpsuit that was not only lust-worthy, but flattering!
The low neckline, combined with the super wide leg gives off those 70’s vibes I’ve been feeling this year. Not to mention the navy color adjustable waist-tie to add some versatility and ease so I can wear it to work. I also love the extra long sleeves that are sometimes hard to find on a good jumpsuit. For good measure, I paired the outfit with my 70’s inspired Chloe bag and Jennifer Zeuner necklace. Throw this on a with a moto jacket, or even a velvet one to take the retro look to the next level. You can pull the tie a little tighter in the front to make the ensemble more work appropriate. For my weekend outing, I styled the jumpsuit with my favorite gold necklaces and a navy faux fur stole to combat the chills! Wear this to dinner with your girlfriends, or on a weekend shopping trip when you want to be comfy but stylish.
When I last posted about jeans, I mentioned that ripped jeans might possibly be my favorite variety. Well it’s official- they absolutely are! I find myself choosing outfits that I immediately want to wear with my favorite cuffed and slouchy pair. Similarly, I have a thing for white shirts of every style. Combine the two and you have my go-to outfit as of late. Comfortable and casual, I like to elevate my look with feminine heels and a structured bag for a bit more polish. I’ve had these J.Crew jeans since college, but I just got myself a new pair of Rag & Bone’s that are similar. Stay tuned for those making an appearance soon!