As you’ve probably noticed, this week is about J.Crew! Head to toe J.Crew! Let’s start with the shoes, shall we? When I saw these satin slingback flats, I knew they had to be mine. Between the pointed cap-toe, the luxe fabric, and the navy and black color combination, I fell in love instantly. Despite being insecure about flats making me look “stumpy,” I sometimes crave a sensible flat that’s still dressy and polished. Enter these bad boys. I’ve found myself wearing these with cropped black trousers and a black sweater, shift dresses, and of course, jeans. These cropped jeans with the slightly flared hem were the perfect option to show off my satin beauties.
To play on the blue and black combo, I paired my flats and jeans with my favorite black t-shirt, and a fun classic houndstooth blazer in navy and ivory. I love the combination of a traditional and old-world pattern in a modern color palette. I also think the navy and ivory combined with the blazer’s slim fit, adds femininity to a menswear-inspired piece. Oh… and how cutes is the navy dot lining? The finishing touch on my head to toe J.Crew look is a lucite chain link necklace in ice blue. I think it adds dimension and a little something extra, while staying in the blue family. What a pretty cherry on top!
Campbell Houndstooth Blazer: J.Crew. Perfect Fit T-Shirt: J.Crew. Satin Slingbacks: J.Crew. Lucite Link Necklace: J.Crew.
Welcome to the week of J.Crew! I’m lusting after so many pieces from the Fall collection that this week I’m giving extra love to one of my favorite American brands.
From blue jeans to blazers, cashmere to coats, and pretty pastels to pumps – J.Crew has it all. Here are my picks for favorite items currently in-store at J.Crew. Take a look, oh and tell your credit card not to blame me when it gets a workout from these Fall must-haves!
1. Double Breasted Coat: J.Crew. Something about this coat just evokes the spirit of Fall being in the air. Maybe it’s the burnt siena color, the menswear-inspired shape, or the tortoise buttons, but this coat is simply unique.
2. High-Heel Snakeskin Printed Leather Boot: J.Crew. Quite frankly these scare me, but I love them. I see them with mini dresses, an all black ensemble, or even over jeans with a turtleneck and coat. The combinations are surprisingly endless!
3. Cotton Poplin White Dress Shirt: J.Crew. A classic white shirt. Enough said.
4. Italian Silk Square Paris Scarf: J.Crew. I love using scarves to add polish to any outfit. And this Parisian-print silk one is both feminine and classic with its navy edges.
5. Strappy Pointed Toe Velvet Flats: J.Crew. I can’t rave enough about these gorgeous velvet flats. In a dusty-rose shade, you can see the beauty of the fabric and the detail in the Mary-Jane inspired straps and buttons. These are just too sweet for words!
6. Faux-Leather Pleated Mini Skirt: J.Crew. I actually bought this skirt last year in black, and I definitely got my money’s worth. The length is flattering, the faux leather doesn’t feel cheap,and I love the juxtaposition of an edgier fabric with the girly pleats. This year’s oxblood version is a must-have!
7. Tippi Sweater: J.Crew. This is one of my favorite sweaters that I own in multiple colors. It’s a great weight, perfect for layering under blazers and heavier coats alike. Plus, the rainbow of available colors absolutely irresistible. This season, I think I’m going to go for this deep forest green. The gorgeous gem color inspires thought of Fall and will pair nicely with black, neutrals and other jewel-tones.