So Spring is on my mind. Off the shoulder tops, pastels, and a whole lot of dresses! I’ve got some fun events coming up: Alexa’s bachelorette, a weekend in NYC, and influencer events around town. I think it’s the perfect time for me to re-up on some flirty dresses to kick the season into gear. Below are my top dresses for Spring that I can’t get out of my head. Enjoy!
1. Ok so this technically isn’t a dress; it’s a jumpsuit. But this is my blog and I make the rules! We all know I’m obsessed with a jumpsuit (see recent ones here and here), but this fiery number will make you look like the dancing girl emoji that got a cool closet makeover. Wear this to a Saturday fiesta with a margarita in-hand!
2. The shape of this dress is so sexy, and I love the unexpected color! You’d imagine this to be red, black, or even white, but the pale lilac makes it so irresistible. Wear this to dinner with your girlfriends and then hit the dance floor!
3. Star prints have always been a favorite of mind, and this dress is no exception. The creamy color of the silk mixed with the rock and roll flare of the hem and sleeves makes this dress edgy, yet whimsical at the same time. Plus with the empire waist, it’s super flattering for all body types! Wear this to date night underneath a leather jacket!
4. A more structured dress than the others on the list – this one packs quite the girly punch. Between the hot pink color and the bows along the side slit, it’s feminine without being too sweet. Wear this dress to a cocktail party!
5. A quintessential Spring dress than can be worn with some yellow mules (I have these in mind) or a strappy nude sandal. You’ll look like the embodiment of Spring in this flattering and romantic dress. Wear this to a garden party or your friend’s baby shower!
Last weekend we had the most amazing weather that was reminiscent of early summer. The clearest skies and the brightest sunshine had everyone outside, clamoring for brunch on a patio! For me, I was happy to ditch my sweaters and leather jacket for the weekend. Jason and I spend the day walking around the shops of Buckhead and having a cocktail (or two!).
Because of the crisp air and strong sunshine, I opted for an off-the-shoulder top that I had originally planned to put away for the summer. Lately I’ve had warm weather outfits on my mind since I’ll be heading to Miami for my friend Alexa’s bachelorette party. Since I’m stocking up on my vacation-wear, I’ve been looking for more items that won’t break the bank. You may have seen this recent Self-Portrait inspired dress, and this top was another amazing find that I could resist! Because summer isn’t here to stay, I wore my new top with my studded jeans that are my go-to’s season after season. However, I can totally see this flirty off the shoulder number with both shorts and white jeans. Lastly, I finished my look with mirrored Dior sunglasses and my favorite pair of nude sandals. Since that perfect Saturday, the weather has cooled down again and my top took its place in the back of my closet. But, I know that’s only temporary, and I can’t wait to wear this pick over and over again this season!
So one of my favorite brands this season (and always) has got to be Self Portrait! The effortless and sometimes edgy approach to feminine pieces, always takes my breath away! Something else that always leaves me breathless…the prices! Now I’m definitely into splurging on some of these pieces, but the beautiful designs have me coveting more than my wallet can handle. Fortunately, this Spring I was able to find a look that helped me dupe some of the designs my closet has been craving. This little black number reminds me of THIS and THIS, this beauty and THIS – but at a fraction of the cost.
I was so excited to find the look, I immediately wore it for a date night out with Jason. I styled the look with my favorite pair of red heels – there’s always something classic and fun about a black/white/red combo! Lastly, I finished it off with another dupe – my Chloe inspired tophandle bag that I picked up in Charleston. If you are ever in the area, make sure to visit Marist DeHart – my favorite boutique in the city.
What do you dolls think of the look? Does the dupe do the trick, or are you feeling the Self Portrait splurges?