Hey dolls! Happy Tuesday! June is almost halfway over and that means two things to me – Father’s Day and my dad’s birthday. Luckily for my dad, I’m the type of daughter who gives him two separate gifts…even though the special days often fall on the same day. So when this time of year rolls around, I’m extra woke to gift-giving. No matter your price-point, I’ve got my roundup of picks to spoil dear ol’ dad this Sunday. My favorites include:
1. J. Crew Panama Hat – I love a good hat, and chances are your dad will too! He can spice up an outfit with this summery accessory, throwing it on for a day at the beach or an al fresco dinner with mom. Tres Chic!
2. Pottery Barn Waffle Weave Resort Robe – Who doesn’t love a luxurious robe that can make home feel like the Ritz-Carlton? I actually want one of these for when I step out of the shower and am bumming around the house. Sorry dad, might have to get one of these for myself too!
3. Salvatore Ferragamo Polo – This polo is for a classic gentleman on a casual day! I love the deep navy color and the tiny Ferragamo insignia on the collar – it’s luxurious but not too flashy.
4. Lanvin Silk Pocket Square – A pocket square is an easy way to upgrade an outfit. I love this luxurious silk ones from Lanvin and this micro space-print is out of this world. See what I did there? The pattern is understated, but a little funky – a great combination if you ask me.
5. Sur La Table Whiskey Stones – Whiskey stones for the dad who doesn’t want to water down life or his drink. These keep your cocktail cold without the condensation or dilution of flavor.
6. Aesop Jet Set Travel Kit – My parents like to take little road trips – so what’s better than pint-sized versions of luxury bath products. My mom and I have the full-sized versions, but this is great for a dad who stays on the go for work or fun!
So there you have it – my fav Father’s Day picks of 2017. Here’s to you dads – thanks for everything you do!
So this past weekend, my friends from New York came down for a visit to say hello and check out my new home.
Every time the three of us get together, it’s the most fun ever, and this weekend was no exception! We ate at the most amazing restaurants, visited the aquarium, watched movies, and of course…went shopping. I got a new dress for Summer (coming soon to the blog) and the girls got an amazing white moto jacket and a Dior scarf, amongst other goodies. And while all of those things were a blast, it was just nice to be with my two best friends who feel like home. It was hard to leave New York and say goodbye, but this trip left me feeling as hopeful as ever that distance won’t separate us. And it was nice to share my new home with them and let them see me move on to a new stage in life. Go figure…it’s like we’re growing up or something!
Regardless of what we do together, it’s always a fashion-filled affair. We each have such different styles, so it’s so fun to go shopping and also pick out things we think will suit each other. While we were hitting the shops, I noticed that a lot of the items I gravitated to were the color flame- you know, kind of a poppy red hue. And then I realized that I did the same thing last year. I got this hot red number, and my Tom Ford “Flame” lipstick! Well, sticking with that tradition, I got myself a new Summer dress for 2017 in the same shade. I think the color is flattering on everyone, and the peekaboo cut-out shows some skin, without being too much. The best part? It’s under $60 – can you believe it! I think it’s the perfect dress for the 4th of July, a BBQ, outdoor cocktails, or simply a plain ol’ hot Summer’s day! (For more of my fav picks in this color check out these: Delfi, Donna Morgan, Zaraand Veronica Beard).
Hey Dolls! I hope everyone had a nice long weekend and enjoyed the Memorial Day holiday. I can’t believe that Summer is officially here! With shooting in LA, the move, and getting settled at my new job – 2017 is just flying by! But… I’m totally ready for some family time, pool fun, and new Summer outfits. Without a doubt, white is one of my favorite colors to wear in the Summer. I feel like it looks like a breath of fresh air, and not to mention I think it looks great on my tanned skin.
While I always tend to pick up some new crisp, white sundresses for the season, I always like to give myself another pop of white…on my teeth that is! They say you’re never fully dressed without a smile – and I think it’s true! Your smile can be the best accessory to any look. While I try to use a whitening toothpaste, I also give myself a special teeth whitening treatment at least once a year. I think it helps removes stains that can be a bit deeper, and just gives you a fresh start. So when I was approached by Smile Brilliant to try their at-home teeth whitening system, I jumped at the opportunity.
Smile Brilliant is an amazing system that gives you a straight-from-the-dentist professional whitening – but in the comfort of your own home. First of all, they send you a kit to take impressions so that their lab can make custom trays for your teeth. This is often a service that dentists provide, which can be time consuming and not to mention very expensive. So you take your impressions and return them to SB in a pre-packaged envelope, and then they’ll send you back your custom trays which fir your mouth PERFECTLY, whitening and de-sensitizing gel, and very clear instructions. At first I was skeptical that the trays wouldn’t fit, the instructions would be confusing, or the results would be sub-par. I can honestly say I was shocked at the quality and fit of my trays, the step-by-step instruction, and most importantly…the results! Within ten minutes, I could feel the gel working and have been really impressed with the results. I whitened for a couple days, took some time off to avoid any over-sensitivity, and then finished up the process the following week. The best part is that I have my trays and can order refills of whitening gel for anytime I need a touch-up. For the level of results, it’s a fraction of the cost of whitening at the dentist, and I felt it was more effective than an over-the-counter whitening system.
I’m super happy I gave it a try and I’m even more excited to offer a giveaway and a discount to you lovely dolls (use brownpaperdoll at checkout and receive 10% off your order)! One of my lucky readers can even win your own Smile Brilliant custom kit! To enter, please click on this link: Smile Brilliant with Brown Paper Doll
Thank you to Smile Brilliant for sponsoring this post! For more information on at home whitening and the Smile Brilliant system, please check out the links below: