This past weekend was the first that really felt like Fall in Atlanta. Dare I say there was a bit of a chill in the air. Of course, the New Yorker in me took the opportunity to immediately pull out long sleeves and my new favorite coat.
I spotted this coat while shopping at Zara in Dublin, Ireland. But never fear, it’s available in the U.S. as well! The menswear-inspired silhouette is slightly oversized, so I ended up going down a size. I love the shape, the length, the masculine touches- most notably the print. The checked design is uniquely Fall and pairs perfectly with all black. I also love that the color palette is subtle, but has a streak of yellow for a modern touch.
I paired my new coat with all black (a bodysuit and ripped jeans) and a nude sock boot. For those who want to buy into the sock boot trend, I highly recommend these, also from Zara. The comfort is insane, and the color looks rich in person. I think it will be gorgeous on fair skin, and the slightly milky shade looks high fashion on darker skin like mine.
All in all, Zara has some great pieces for Fall, and I can’t wait to pair these two new pieces with more in my closet. The opportunities are endless!
If you’re like me, then you might think gingham is one of those patterns/prints that is perfect for Summer! I rocked it last year with this top and most recently with this two-piece set. BUT, if you got a new piece for the warmer months, don’t be too hasty packing it away now that it’s Fall!
With a strategically placed jacket or accessories, you can extend the wear of your fav gingham piece for a little longer! That’s the case with me and these cropped pants! In the warmer months, I would wear these with a blousy white shirt and sandals. Now that cooler weather is headed our way, I opted to wear with a black bodysuit, topped off with my leather jacket. For a pop of color and texture, I added my yellow mules that bring the luxe-factor with the velvet.
I think just a couple small details help bring the outfit to life in a different way! What do you dolls think, would you rock your gingham as the seasons start to change?
So there are a lot of trends this season: the box bag, the white boot, the newsboy cap. BUT there’s nothing more in style and hotter than the color red. Red is the color of the season and its presence everywhere has signified the transition to Fall fashion. I got some red velvet shoes ($79 btw) recently, but I’m craving much more. I love the color, because it’s bold with black, can be toned down with prints, but it always makes a statement. Want a refresh or don’t have red hanging in your closet? Never fear…I’ve got you covered with my favorite pics that are red hot!
1. BLANKNYC Suede Moto Jacket – A moto jacket is the perfect weight as we transition into fall. I’m actually wearing a red leather one right now as I type! I love this one by BLANKNYC, because the suede brings a touch of cool to the silhouette, while the color is a deeper, rich red. Wear this over a chiffon dress with ankle boots, or with ripped jeans to be biker chic.
2. Rebecca Minkoff Earrings Baguette Earrings – Adding some glitz to an outfit is never a bad idea! I love the tones in these earrings, because the combination lends itself to any season. Plus, I think they look really expensive, but won’t break the bank. Wear these with ripped jeans and a fun top to Happy Hour, or with an elegant dress for a glam night out.
3. Gucci Jordaan Loafers – So I have the black slip-on loafers and I wear them constantly! Again, I’m actually wearing them right now. I think they are the perfect combination of comfort and style. The red pair will elevate any Fall outfit (how amazing is the velvet?!), plus they’ll be incredible around the holidays.
4. Halogen Beret – Hats are in! And Fall is the perfect time to sport a stylish shape like a wool boater or this beret! You’ll look Parisian chic in this one from Nordstrom that’s less than $30!
5. Iro Asymetrical Dress – A slightly brighter red, I’m in love with this dress because of the shape. As seen on the model, it looks gorgeous with thigh high boots, and will later beautifully under a leather jacket. The dress would also look elegant but edge with a pair of metallic heels for an evening affair!
6. Zara Two-Button Coat – Last but not least is a classic coat to add a pop of color over your fall ‘fit. Layer it over a cozy sweater with jeans (think caramel, cream, or black) or over a mini dress and tights. You’ll be sure to turn heads!