Usually I’m not a fan of showing so much skin, but this year’s sheer fashion trend has me totally on board! You’re able to leave little to the imagination, but still be tasteful at the same time. So what is sheer fashion you might ask? It’s undershirts…dresses…tops with some peekaboo elements. Think mesh or sheer chiffon! Sheer fashion can be subtle with mere sheer panels, OR an entire bodysuit, or even dress.
And as someone who likes a little more coverage, I love pairing my sheer fashion with an overcoat or leather jacket and something high-waisted. So how do I wear the trend? Well, I got my sheer fashion from somewhere you might not expect…Spanx! While some may associate Spanx with the ultra-smoothing shapewear we’ve come to know and love, they also have a range of activewear, lingerie, and fashion pieces! I spotted this flocked dot bodysuit and instantly saw the sexy potential.
For my outfit, I paired my bodysuit with another great Spanx piece – The Nudist Wireless Bra in black! I threw on a high-waisted skirt to add some sparkle and glamour, and then threw on a long overcoat to only give a peekaboo of skin. Lastly, I finished my look with baby blue chandelier earrings to tie together the look. What I love about the bodysuit is that it’s so stretchy! I wasn’t afraid of poking holes, it being too tight (even though it looked tiny when it came in the mail), or being difficult to put on/take off multiple times. While I opted for a sexier look and baring my bra – I think this particular piece will be great for layering! I can totally see myself wearing it under a sleeveless dress to add a pop of texture to my look. Here’s to many more outfits or mixing and matching, layering and going sheer!
What do you dolls think? Would you rock the sheer fashion?
Hi Dolls! How was everyone’s Thanksgiving? I enjoyed my holiday spending time with family and exploring Atlanta during a couple extra days off. My brother flew in from Ireland and we ate, drank, and of course did some damage shopping. I showed him the sights of the city and he especially loved Ponce City Market, which is an indoor/outdoor shopping area and dining hall. Think Chelsea Market in New York, but with some Southern charm!
One of the stores we loved visiting was the Daniel Wellington boutique. I recently got my first DW watch, and let me say the compliments haven’t stopped rolling in. With it’s classic design and sleek aesthetic, it goes with everything I wear and the rose gold tone is beyond stunning! Besides my watch, I also opted for a matching cuff which I think really sets off this timepiece, adding a little something extra in terms of style.
Another thing I love about my watch (mine is the Classic Petite Melrose) is the size of the face. Forget the pun, but it really is timeless. I have another watch that was near and dear to my heart, but unfortunately it now feels heavy and clunky on my wrist. I think the DW is classically chic and something I can wear year after year.
In addition to my rose gold beauty, Daniel Wellington has such a variety of options that fit every personality and style. And as all of the straps are interchangeable, you can have a different watch for every day of the week. Just what I love!
Well as you can tell, I’m pretty much obsessed with my watch, and it’s made it onto my gift list for Jason this Christmas. It can also be on yours….and with a special discount too! Just for reading, you can get an additional 15% off with the promo code “BrownPaperDoll”. With free shipping and free returns, it makes the perfect holiday gift!
Thank you to Daniel Wellington for sponsoring this post
1. Jo Malone – I’m a huge fan of Jo Malone products, and this one is no exception. I use the hand wash and lotion, found a new Summer fragrance (Basil & Neroli) – but this one in particular is something special. It smells a little dark and sexy, but still fresh, floral and sweet at the same time. It’s not your average rose scent and I definitely recommend giving it a smell!
2. Tom Ford – So Rachel and Alexa actually gifted this to me and I can’t praise this lotion enough. It literally feels like wrapping your hands in silk. Plus, the scent is so intoxicating and potent it’s a fragrance that last which I haven’t found in any other lotion.
3. Amore Pacific – My favorite facial cleanser! It removes makeup flawlessly, helps keep my skin tone even and the scent is the absolute best I’ve ever seen in a facial product. I use the cleanser, toner, moisturizer, and eye cream. It’s just about time to re-up soon!
4. Oribe – This is what I use to keep my locks so long and healthy! While Oribe has many different lines, I used “Gold Lust” which has restorative properties. It keeps my hair strong even though I’m always, drying, straightening, curling, and inflicting all sorts of damage upon it! I also love the way it lathers and smells.
5. Malin & Goetz – While I recently gifted this soap set, I’ve been a fan of Malin & Goetz for quite some time. I’m also really into this bar soap phase right now. Somehow I like the tangible quality of holding the bar in my hand, rather than my usual gel on loofa situation. Malin’s soaps smell divine, and I think this set is the cutest gift idea!
6. Tom Ford – Another recent purchase, Tom Ford’s eyeliner is one where I cant imagine life before it. The pencil sharpens so smoothly and just glides over my eyelids. I also love the colors – I’m really into “midnight” navy versus my everyday black. This is a beauty buy I can’t live without!